NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 1158 Replies
  • 79374 Views

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #150 on: (19:50:22/02-09-15) »
Initiative: 2d6+7 16

Becca will stop where she is, sword pointing downward and face the man. She wants to hear what he has to say before she takes any action.

If i beat him on initiative and can take a free action before he does anything, I'd like to send a quick message to the team, informing them of the situation.

Will post IC when I know more.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3716
« Reply #151 on: (19:57:47/02-09-15) »
I'm guessing he will be saying "助けて" or "Tasukete!" or some other cry for help. Could be a short game, this!

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #152 on: (20:10:37/02-09-15) »
Initiative: 2d6+7 16

Becca will stop where she is, sword pointing downward and face the man. She wants to hear what he has to say before she takes any action.

If i beat him on initiative and can take a free action before he does anything, I'd like to send a quick message to the team, informing them of the situation.

Will post IC when I know more.

He failed his surprise test, so he gets no action this round. Technically, he could still use a Free Action to speak, but I'm not giving him one.

You can have a free action to apprise the team.

CT 1 IP 1
Achak 24 (Hold Action)
Sister Rebecca 16
Thug 1 12 (Surprised)

Action is to Sister Rebecca.  If Sister Rebecca is waiting for him to speak he will do so at the top of next pass.  Does Sister Rebecca speak Japanese? 

Will hold off posting IC, as these actions are happening concurrently, and what's going on in the back of the club could very well affect what's going on with Stake out front. 


« Last Edit: (22:25:21/02-09-15) by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #153 on: (22:55:04/02-09-15) »
Initiative: 2d6+7 16

Becca will stop where she is, sword pointing downward and face the man. She wants to hear what he has to say before she takes any action.

If i beat him on initiative and can take a free action before he does anything, I'd like to send a quick message to the team, informing them of the situation.

Will post IC when I know more.

He failed his surprise test, so he gets no action this round. Technically, he could still use a Free Action to speak, but I'm not giving him one.

You can have a free action to apprise the team.

CT 1 IP 1
Achak 24 (Hold Action)
Sister Rebecca 16
Thug 1 12 (Surprised)

Action is to Sister Rebecca.  If Sister Rebecca is waiting for him to speak he will do so at the top of next pass.  Does Sister Rebecca speak Japanese? 

Will hold off posting IC, as these actions are happening concurrently, and what's going on in the back of the club could very well affect what's going on with Stake out front.

Judge intentions on the guard: 7d6t5 3

with 3 hits im gonna assume I can see the look on the guys face and tell he's about to call for help or come after me or take some sort of aggressive action, so Becca will haul ass the rest of the way up the stairs, trying to break line of sight with the guy and messaging the team as she goes. Something simple, like

<<@Team [Sister Rebecca] I'm spotted. Guard in stairwell. Evading.>>
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #154 on: (23:02:46/02-09-15) »
Judge intentions on the guard: 7d6t5 3

with 3 hits im gonna assume I can see the look on the guys face and tell he's about to call for help or come after me or take some sort of aggressive action, so Becca will haul ass the rest of the way up the stairs, trying to break line of sight with the guy and messaging the team as she goes. Something simple, like

<<@Team [Sister Rebecca] I'm spotted. Guard in stairwell. Evading.>>

The look on the guard's face says, "I hope I can get my gun out and geek this chump before s/he geeks me with that scary looking fucking sword."

@8-bit, if you would also roll initiative.  We'll probably have Stake coming in on the second pass.  Make a surprise roll too, with +6 dice, as I think Stake has a pretty good idea things are on the verge of going south here.  The bouncer gets the same bonus, as he's on edge too.

CT 1 IP 1
Achak 24 (Hold Action)
Stake 20 (doesn't act 1st pass)
Bouncer 17 (doesn't act 1st pass)
Sister Rebecca 16
Thug 1 12 (Surprised)
« Last Edit: (23:22:03/02-09-15) by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #155 on: (23:12:26/02-09-15) »
Aye, gonna get an IC up in a moment.

Surprise Roll (Reaction 4 + Intuition 5 + Modifiers 6): 15d6t5 8 [3, 2, 1, 6, 6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 6, 6]

Ha. Ha. Damn it, why can't I get that kind of roll on my bloody Con test.

Initiative (Intuition 5 + Reaction 4 + 3d6): 9+3d6 20 [5, 3, 3]

If we're coming in on the second pass, that will be -10; so 10 Initiative.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #156 on: (23:22:38/02-09-15) »
So, Stake isn't surprised at all.  Neither is the bouncer.  Things should get interesting here real quick.

CT 1 IP 1
Achak 24 (Hold Action)
Stake 20 (doesn't act 1st pass)
Bouncer 17 (doesn't act 1st pass)
Sister Rebecca 16
Thug 1 12 (Surprised)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #157 on: (23:52:23/02-09-15) »
Sister Rebecca actions:
Move: run upstairs
free: message team
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #158 on: (08:36:58/02-10-15) »
went ahead and posted IC.  Feel free to add flourishes as you see fit.

CT 1 IP 2
Achak 14
Stake 10
Bouncer 7
Sister Rebecca 1
Thug 1 2
Elijah 1

Action is to Achak and Stake.  I rolled initiative for Elijah as well, though I'm not certain what actions he'll be taking right now. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #159 on: (10:44:38/02-10-15) »
Question on conditions at the moment. My first thought is to do this:



CT 1, Action Pass 2; Acting on Initiative 10:

Free: Eject Smartgun Clip
Simple: Insert Clip (Gel Rounds)
Simple: Fire Weapon



I wouldn't be surprised though if I need to Ready Weapon first, which would mean that I would do this:

CT 1, Action Pass 2; Acting on Initiative 10:

Free: Eject Smartgun Clip
Simple: Ready Weapon
Simple: Insert Clip



Also, another quick question. May I take an extra Free Action to send a quick message to the team? Elijah probably already knows what's happening, because he's probably watching, but the others are occupied. Speaking of which, Stake doesn't know ICly about the other battle yet, so he has no comments at the moment.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #160 on: (10:56:31/02-10-15) »
@8-bit, you'll need to spend a Simple Action to ready the assault rifle.  You can have an additional Free Action to message the team
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #161 on: (11:12:03/02-10-15) »
All right.

Also, just noticed I did get a note from Sister Rebecca about their predicament.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #162 on: (11:42:30/02-10-15) »
I'm going to go ahead and take the Bouncer's pass, as what happens out front will be independent of what's going on inside for now.

Bouncer's Actions

Simple: Quick Draw Steyr TMP and fire 3 round burst at Stake
Free: Move
Simple: Take Cover

So, the bouncer is going to draw, fire, and then move inside the foyer, where he will have Partial Cover, at least from where Stake is standing now.  At the end of his movement he'll be about 3.5 M from Stake. 

@8-bit, please make a Defense Test.  You're at a -2 for the 3 round burst.

CT 1 IP 2
Achak 14
Stake 10
Bouncer 7
Sister Rebecca 1
Thug 1 2
Elijah 1

Actions to Achak and then Sister Rebecca.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #163 on: (11:50:51/02-10-15) »
Man, and we haven't even gotten to like step 3 of the plan. I guess no plan survives contact with the enemy.

Defense Roll (Reaction 4 + Intuition 5 - 3 Round Burst 2): 7d6t5 3 [3, 6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3]

Although, I can't complain about that roll. 3 hits on 7 dice isn't half bad. In fact, it's half good. Which does mean it's half bad, I suppose.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #164 on: (15:32:44/02-10-15) »
Also, another quick question. May I take an extra Free Action to send a quick message to the team?

If you have a datajack, you sure can.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english