NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 1158 Replies
  • 107202 Views

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #105 on: <01-23-15/1124:59> »
Premio y castigo is the Spanish equivalent of "carrot and the stick". They also use the "carrot and the stick" literally translated, but I liked the rhythm of premio y castigo better. (If other people speak Spanish then tell me so that I don't feel the need to explain each time.)

According to an earlier post there are two rear entrances to the building. Achak is going to investigate to see if he can slip in quietly.

I appreciate the translations. 

Some of this will be covered IC, but to make things clear: the wires lead up one staircase, to the cub floor.  Where they go after that is yet to be seen.  As the team rounds their way to that staircase, they see that the basement continues along, with another open area, and then another staircase leading up.  Both of these staircases at at the rear-end of the club.  The first staircase leads to a metal grate, which has a mechanical lock attached.  The further off staircase leads up and then promptly dead-ends at some shelving that's been set up to hold liquor bottles.  Anyone on the team could probably shoulder their way past and push the shelving over, if they wanted.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3888
« Reply #106 on: <01-26-15/0128:06> »
Going to clarify a few things. Here's the plan that we're working with:

     2c. Have Achak and Sister Rebecca enter the sub-basement together (Rebecca slightly behind) while the Roto-drone covers the exit that Stake will enter through.

3. Once the sub-basement is cleared, move onto the first floor. Attempt to remain stealthy, we do not want to startle a normal person or Vampire that will set off an alarm.
     3a. If there are people, Stake will go with Sister Rebecca, who can Assense people to make sure they aren't a Vampire.
     3b. Have spirit(s) sweep the floor searching for Dual-Natured entities.
     3c. We need drones covering the back exits and Stake will enter from the Main entrance; Achak remains in basement until we signal him.

1. Sounds like Achak and Sister Rebecca ended up in the basement. Achak was concerned about faulty wiring but I'm guessing that moving us into the basement is a GM device to say, "No, I wasn't really going to electrocute you on page 1. Go in through the basement."
2. The IC post says "the team" but I am presuming that Stake is still street-level, per the plan.
3. Sounds like there are two exits from the basement: one well-lit and the other blocked by shelving that will be noisy to push through because there are bottles of alcohol on the shelving.
3a. Knocking over the shelves will cause a big crash, but given the noise it's possible that no one will notice.

Let me know if any of that is wrong.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #107 on: <01-26-15/1200:12> »
1. I may have misspoke.  It's entirely possible that Achak is the only one down below.  But no, I wouldn't worry about being electrocuted, unless you want to go tip over the generator.

2. Yes, Stake is still street level. 

3. Both stairwells are well-lit, and both lead up toward the back of the club.  Considering that 1 has wires, and the other has booze, they both probably lead to areas controlled by the staff.

3a. Yes.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3836
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #108 on: <01-26-15/1229:27> »
Consider Sister Rebecca to be right behind Achak unless otherwise noted.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #109 on: <01-26-15/1240:30> »
Elijah's drones are currently sweeping the basement, and haven't come up with anything.  Do you want to send 1 or both up 1 or both potential stairwells?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3888
« Reply #110 on: <01-26-15/1336:57> »
I didn't realize both stairwells were well-lit. That would probably change Achak's approach, pending the outcome of Elijah's investigation.

As for the drones, yeah, send them up! Elijah's a hired goon with toys; make him do some work.

While Elijah is doing that, Achak will examine the metal grate to see if it has any sensors or security features that need bypassing.
Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Visual Enhancers 3 + Specifically Looking 3: 18d6t5 7 hits (limit 8 )

If it's clear, he might pick the lock for fun while Elijah does his drone thing.
Agility 5 + Lockpicking 6 + Autopicker 6: 18d6t5 8 hits (limit 13 due to autopicker)
If the autopicker doesn't apply then it would be 6 hits, limit 7.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #111 on: <01-26-15/1351:35> »
Where do you want drones deployed?  Please post instructions to Elijah ICly. 

No security measures that Achak can find on the door.  He is able to pick the lock no problem.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3888
« Reply #112 on: <01-26-15/1359:00> »
I'll let 8-bit give the order so that I don't have 3 out of the last 4 IC posts.

8-bit

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #113 on: <01-31-15/1532:08> »
Sorry for being MIA everyone. We lost power on Monday, and it didn't come back until Wednesday. Internet didn't come back until early on Friday, which I spent catching up on a ton of school work. 17 hours of that kind of fried my brain, so I'm not getting back until now. I'll spend the weekend catching back up on all the OOC and IC of my various PbPs.

Hopefully my absence didn't cause any problems.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #114 on: <02-02-15/1025:19> »
@8-bit, welcome back.  I'm glad it was only tech issues that kept you away, and not anything more serious.  The ball is currently in Stake's court, as far as ordering Elijah to move the recon drones where you'd like to see them.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #115 on: <02-02-15/2211:57> »
Working on stuff for this PbP tonight, but it may have to wait until tomorrow. I'm extremely sorry for delaying this game to a ridiculous extent.

8-bit

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #116 on: <02-05-15/1316:07> »
Sorry about that, had it all written up last night and then realized I never posted it.

Edit: A few quick questions.

Does Stake have any idea how much to be bribing this bouncer with? I was thinking 500-800 nuyen would be more than sufficient, but perhaps not. Also, is there any test for me to determine this guy's mood, and do I know what language I should be addressing him in? I was thinking Japanese, but looking back, I don't know if this guy actually speaks Japanese.

Speaking of nuyen, Starting Nuyen roll:

Starting Money (2,480 + [4d6 x 100]): (4d6*100)+2480 3880 [6, 5, 1, 2]
« Last Edit: <02-05-15/1322:28> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3836
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #117 on: <02-05-15/1327:39> »
Consider Becca to be astrally perceiving unless otherwise noted.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #118 on: <02-05-15/1334:24> »
Should I initiate the conversation with the bouncer? I feel like Stake would wait until he was stopped, rather than try and confront the bouncer. Although, thinking about it, I might approach him with the whole bribery aspect going on. Still don't know what language to go with, so I would default to English.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #119 on: <02-05-15/1355:33> »
500-800 is a lot of cred. Of course, you've got to keep in mind he's gotta be guessing you're only there for 1 thing with an assault rifle, and he has some potential loyalty issues on his side as well.

As for demeanor and language, a Perception test will work.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal