NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 1158 Replies
  • 103153 Views

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #240 on: <02-27-15/2202:24> »
Man, I was away from my books pretty much all day. Let's just wing it in order to keep things moving along. Take your best guess, and whatever it is will stand for this spirit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3836
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #241 on: <02-27-15/2205:02> »
Maybe I'll just summon it regular and then order it next pass. Achack can hold em off for a second.
bout to run to the store. I'll do rolls and a post when i get back.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #242 on: <02-27-15/2227:44> »
Maybe I'll just summon it regular and then order it next pass. Achack can hold em off for a second.
bout to run to the store. I'll do rolls and a post when i get back.

Seriously this one is on me so you play it how you prefer. I'm not too worried about it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3836
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #243 on: <02-27-15/2257:38> »
Maybe I'll just summon it regular and then order it next pass. Achack can hold em off for a second.
bout to run to the store. I'll do rolls and a post when i get back.

Seriously this one is on me so you play it how you prefer. I'm not too worried about it.

The more i think about it, that -2 limit thing is a BITCH. I aint got reagents to be throwin around after that failure earlier, so im just gonna...
Move: Walk upstairs
complex: summon force 4 spirit of man. Leliel Angel of Night
free: message team,  <<@Team [Sister Rebecca] Orders acknowledged. Recon is down. Power will be out momentarily.>>

Summon Leliel (Mag 6 + Sum 2): 8d6t5 4
perfect, hit my limit of four.

now, for the resist roll...

Resist Summoning (Force 4): 4d6t5 0

Ok, so I've got four services from him. drain at minimum 2...

Resist 2 drain (Will 7 + Cha 4): 11d6t5 4

So, I'm good on drain. Still astrally perceiving and still broadcasting biomonitor info to the team.

The IC post wont have anything for anyone to react to except for the message, which will appear exactly as above.
« Last Edit: <03-01-15/1655:52> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #244 on: <03-02-15/1132:36> »
CT 3 IP 1
Achak 23
Vampire 2 18
Stake 17
Sister Rebecca 14
Gun Check Thug 13
Vampire 1 13
Stairwell Thugs 11
? 11


CT 3 IP 2
Achak 13
Vampire 2 8
Stake 7
Sister Rebecca 4
Gun Check Thug 3
Vampire 1 3
Stairwell Thugs 1
4 Armored Yakuza 1

Achak, Stake, and Sister Rebecca are up. 

Sister Rebecca is currently on the landing between the 2nd and 3rd floors.  At the top of the staircase, on the 3rd floor, she can see a man running, as if he's running away from something terrifying.  He's magically active, astrally perceiving, and his aura looks a bit wrong, diseased in some way, but still incredibly potent.

IC coming up. Done.

In case anything is unclear: let's assume Achak and Becca have been at the south side of the club, near the balcony that runs east to west.  On the west side of the balcony, 4 more heavily armored -- and armed -- yakuza have exited an apartment, and are moving their way south.  They definitely see Stake, though they don't have line of sight on either Achak or Sister Rebecca, and vice versa.  Stake will be unimpeded moving wherever he wants to.

Now that a door is open, you can expect the club to empty out in the next few rounds.  Things are going to be pretty rough for the yak thugs at the foot of the stairwell, though they'll probably live.  A few patrons can be expected to have fled upstairs, so you'll need to be careful on the trigger as you much upward.

Any questions?
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/1158:35> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3885
« Reply #245 on: <03-02-15/1342:35> »
My understanding: Achak and Becca are on the south side of the club. Achak is on the second floor, Rebecca is on the stairs heading up (the 2.5 floor).

Questions: Are the four Yakuza that just exited an apartment on the second floor? So they are looking down at Stake (who is on the first floor) and are moving south, taking cover along the way. They don't see Achak yet, and vice versa, but presumably they will soon if they keep working their way south. Is that correct?

Achak doesn't know what Sister Rebecca is seeing, nor does he know about the four goons advancing south. His first concern was the Yakuza at the foot of the stairwell, but it now appears that they are not an immediate threat. Stake has comm'd that things are under control, so Achak's priority would be to watch Sister Rebecca's back.

Free: Move to follow Sister Rebecca
Complex: Hold Action

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #246 on: <03-02-15/1350:25> »
@Tecumseh, your understanding is correct.  More heavily armored and armed yakuza are on the second floor, seeking cover, and heading south.  They're aware of Stake but haven't fired yet, having spent their actions seeking cover and taking aim.

Stake will guess that these guys a class above what you've seen so far.  It might also be his guess from the layouts you've seen and the way that this has played out, that the yaks run their business from the second floor, and everything above is outside the normal purview of the day-to-day operations of the club.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3885
« Reply #247 on: <03-02-15/1400:28> »
My (delayed) actions stand then, at least until Stake asks for help.

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3836
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #248 on: <03-02-15/1811:20> »
Just got off work, bout to read the IC thread. Don't forget to add Leliel to the initiative order. Guess I shoulda rolled for her.

Initiative: 3d6+8 17

EDIT: Ok, caught up. Becca's actions are as follows
move: continue up the stairs toward the man
simple: fire a sawdust grenade at the man. sawdust nade (Agi 8 + Hw 1 + Gl spec 2 + smartlink 1 - astral distraction 2): 10d6t5 3 (Am I just trying not to glitch here? Can you miss with a sawdust grenade in a stairwell?)
simple: command Leliel to destroy the generators in the basement.
Free: Message team. 
« Last Edit: <03-02-15/1928:35> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #249 on: <03-03-15/1048:17> »
simple: fire a sawdust grenade at the man. sawdust nade (Agi 8 + Hw 1 + Gl spec 2 + smartlink 1 - astral distraction 2): 10d6t5 3 (Am I just trying not to glitch here? Can you miss with a sawdust grenade in a stairwell?)

You certainly can.  Should the grenade hit the step just below the man, it could get kicked back in Becca's face before it blew, or hit the exit sign at the top of the stairs, etc.  3'll do though.  Is it set to set to explode as soon as it comes to a sudden stop?

CT 3 IP 2
Achak 13 (Hold)
Vampire 2 8
Stake 7
Leliel 7 (Hold)
Sister Rebecca 4

Gun Check Thug 3
Vampire 1 3
Stairwell Thugs 1
4 Armored Yakuza 1

@8-bit, Stake is up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3836
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #250 on: <03-03-15/1707:53> »
Is it set to set to explode as soon as it comes to a sudden stop?

It is.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #251 on: <03-04-15/0055:05> »
My apologies on being absent.

Is there some way I can try to make myself disappear? I would really rather not have 4 Yakuza zeroing on me.

The first thing Stake is going to do is put the ballistic mask on. I'm going to wait on the answer to the above question before following other actions (as they depend on the answer).

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #252 on: <03-04-15/0847:12> »

Is there some way I can try to make myself disappear? I would really rather not have 4 Yakuza zeroing on me.

I'm not sure I understand the question. The front door is right behind Stake, so that's an option ;)

The crowd will try to give Stake a wide berth but my guess is he'll be moving toward and through the crowd more quickly than it can move away. Would the yakuza care? He'd have to try and see.

Stake could also move behind the bar. He'd be exposed at a few spots, but it runs the majority of the length of the dance floor. Similarly, he could also run toward the new yaks, and actually cross the dance floor underneath their feet.

Or he can duck out behind the front door and wait for the power to blow.

Is that what you were looking for?
« Last Edit: <03-04-15/0850:20> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #253 on: <03-04-15/1104:35> »
Yeah, that works for me. Just wanted to know if I was stuck out in the open somewhere. I'd rather cut line of sight, do some sneaking, and relocate/decide my priorities.

CT 3; Action Pass 2; Acting on Initiative 7

No Action: Move and duck behind the bar.
Simple Action: Take Cover
Simple Action: Use Simple Device (putting on the Ballistic Mask)
Free Action: Switch to Thermographic Vision (in anticipation of the power going out)

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #254 on: <03-04-15/1139:23> »
CT 3 IP 2
Achak 13 (Hold)
Vampire 2 8
Stake 7
Leliel 7 (Hold)
Sister Rebecca 4
Gun Check Thug 3
Vampire 1 3
Stairwell Thugs 1
4 Armored Yakuza 1


@8-bit, that's fine.  Stake can get behind cover before any of the yaks get a chance to get a good bead on him.  2 of the bartenders are also currently hiding behind the bar, but Stake doesn't think they'll give him any problems.  Feel free to RP that out.

@Poindexter, that wood allergy is going to hurt.  You know what else is awful about a sawdust grenade?  It's not like he can just walk away and be free of it.  Awful stuff.

CT 3 IP 3
Achak 3

Achak has one more pass.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal