NEWS

Run Faster Out!

• 126 Replies

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <12-19-14/1338:15> »
I really enjoyed the reference to Good Omens at the very beginning. Looking forward to finishing this read over the holidays.

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <12-19-14/1350:31> »
In reply to the infected section....it is not simple success, it is amazing. I loved the concept of infected in the world, never thought they really balanced well though with other PC. Now we get not only balance but such depth for both the PC and GM to realky develope this PC story. Truly amazing, thank you to both Freelancers who worked on this.

Another awesome plus is the life Module, really great work. It really gives you a sense of the PC as they are forming and they are strong PC's as well.....with skills I normally would not highlight in my mad dash to make ubber PC! This book is by far the best I have scene from SR sense I have gotten back into it, and I have positive feelings about allot of the stuff written:)

Plus side all the Novels are amazing....way to go SR crew.

Killstring

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <12-19-14/1412:01> »
Low on cash, Holidays + post-graduation job hunting = strapped.

Bought anyway; I was hoping that Run Faster was either A: out this year, or B: a turning point in editing/layout/cohesiveness quality standards.

The prospect of it being both is something I cannot help but throw my nuyen at.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #33 on: <12-19-14/1513:10> »
Oh boy...  I've been looking over Mutaqua, and I have such plans for my players... 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #34 on: <12-19-14/1522:48> »
Oh boy...  I've been looking over Mutaqua, and I have such plans for my players...
You're welcome. :)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

winterhawk

• Freelancer
  • Newb
  • Snarky British mages 'R' us
« Reply #35 on: <12-19-14/1830:25> »
I really enjoyed the reference to Good Omens at the very beginning. Looking forward to finishing this read over the holidays.

Assuming there aren't two of them in there, thanks! I was hoping someone would notice. :)
Rat
Borrowed Time, April 2015
Winterhawk's Virtual Magespace (SR Fiction) /  Blog
Stone and a Hard Place, Alastair Stone Chronicles #1

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <12-19-14/2000:33> »
A  few of questions for clarification:

1) Using Points Buy CC, do we have to use karma to attain the minimum Attribute ratings? Or are they free, then pay to raise from there?

2) Using the PB and LM systems, is the max CC Nuyen indeed limited to 400K, and does the Rich Positive Quality raise this?

3) Are the amount of Qualities still restricted to +25/-25?

4) Can Cyberware packs be bought Used or Alpha grade?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-19-14/2011:24> »
1. Attributes start at the racial minimum, so humans have all 1s except an Edge of 2.

2. I don't have it in front of me, but I'd assume so.
  Now that I've had a chance to look at the text, I'm not sure.  Based on intent, I suspect you'd get an extra 30 karma max on nuyen, but it's something to send down the pipeline.

3. Yes.

4. No.  There's no inherent advantage to buying a PACK--they're intended to make purchasing gear (or assigning gear to NPCs) easier.  Changing grades/ratings/etc. throws off all the numbers.
« Last Edit: <12-19-14/2345:53> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

MadBear

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <12-19-14/2018:35> »
Seems that not every character build is created equal, not sure if I like the inequality of it. The priority seems to be, to get this you have to give up that, Karma build seems to be trying to focus on customization but top end cannot get the same bang for buck....tried to build a troll with karma that had same stats as A attributes, B race, C resources and D skills and ran out of Karm well short of an equal build....now will try to build optimized Troll and see how that goes.

I dunno, I just got hold of this today, and put the Karagen system to work on the new Troll that's been giving me fits. (A) Attributes, (B) Troll, (C) Skills, (D) Resources. Seems I did the math wrong on his Attributes, by about, oh six or eight points, spent more like 32 than 24. To make it work I'd have to chip away eight points off my attributes, but with the Karmagen I was able to balance that out by only dropping BOD 10 and STR 9 to BOD 9 and STR 8, which gave me 75 Karma to spread out among his mental attributes. He's still a helluva tank. I guess it depends on what your goal is, and how you want to utilize the system.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
-Dr Suess

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <12-19-14/2117:28> »
Yeah I did Body:9 Agility:6(Inproved ATT), reaction: 5, Str:9 (total spent in points 17) Will: 3, INT:4 Logic:2 CHA:2 (Spent 7) for A in attributes

Karma: 150+100+70+150+25+45+10+10=560 for ATT and then 90 for race: 650 of 800 for A and B priority.

Skills where D 22 points had three skills at 6 with specalizations comes to 49 each, one skill at rank one = 149

No Karma for equipment, contacts, knowledge skills.

This of course would be a very focused troll Street Sam. Using Karma and negative qualities to balance out skills via priority system (only taking Improved for positive)

Fair note this was all done quick and without double checking math so please be understanding if I made a numbers error.

Now Karma would build an amazingly good balanced Troll I feel and I have zero complaints about the system. Both options allow for different type's of builds and appeal to different types of players.

Have to say I enjoy the life modules though, great for a wide range of skills. Made an elf military background and a human ganger. Have not spent all of the Elf's karma as of yet but the Human is rocking.

Fable

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <12-20-14/0504:50> »
Annnd apparently if you had someone who played an AI or a Free Spirit in 4th, you're still screwed. Thanks for making it easier to NOT buy your 5th ed books, guys. If I can't convert my party across, I'm not buying it.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #41 on: <12-20-14/0539:49> »
At some later date they'll probably introduce both of them again. AI might appear in Data Trails or at least an explanation to what happened to them.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #42 on: <12-20-14/0754:13> »
I found the story with Netcat and Slamm-O rather funny(especially with the typos in the erotic fanfiction "Netcat held the toaster to her naked bosom, his perky elven brown nipples..")...
I've been working a long time to make horrible shipping fanfiction in Shadowrun canon.   ;D
You are a monster and we love you for it. Now all I need is Mungo stats. ^_^ See how the team reacts to an ice cream van.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #43 on: <12-20-14/0830:13> »
Annnd apparently if you had someone who played an AI or a Free Spirit in 4th, you're still screwed. Thanks for making it easier to NOT buy your 5th ed books, guys. If I can't convert my party across, I'm not buying it.

Or in the interm you could...make new characters? Always an option. Just sayin'.  ;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #44 on: <12-20-14/1011:46> »

Wow...  I wasn't aware that AIs, Free Spirits, and Drakes were so popular as to stop books from being sold to two people.  I suppose two people would probably have been worth adding a bunch more stuff to the book and increasing the cost, time to completion, etc.  Cause yeah - the two people who give a crap about those sapients are definitely the ones that Catalyst wants to target.

::)

To head anyone off, I realize that two complainers aren't the whole of the world of people who might have issue with this.  But given the ratio of complainers :: non-complainers, it seems obvious that the complainers are a small minority.  Why would anyone be surprised when their less-than-popular, annoyingly special snowflake characters aren't covered in a book designed for the majority?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.