NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1650 on: <03-04-15/1635:36> »
Just checking in. Ace doesn't have anything to add at this point. He'll simply be waiting with baited breath until the drone passes by or keeps on us. If the latter, it's time to start talking backup plans.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1651 on: <03-04-15/1652:03> »
Zweiblumen has the correct understanding of the situation. I'll get an IC post up to advance things but it will probably take me a couple hours. For whatever reason, Wednesdays are twice as busy as any other day of the week.

8-bit

« Reply #1652 on: <03-04-15/1716:11> »
Just as a heads-up, I'll be in a car all throughout the evening tomorrow. I'll be able to post from a phone, but dice rolls may be a little tricky. In case it comes to that, of course. I should be able to RP just fine.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1653 on: <03-05-15/1249:16> »
You are now at the safehouse, which is at the end of a narrow and lonely road that runs next to a small creek. The safehouse is on the other side of the creek. It looks cold and empty, like a bed & breakfast closed for the winter. To get across there is a small wooden footbridge that looks snowy and icy. Whether or not you can carry the obelisk across it without it collapsing is unknown.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1654 on: <03-05-15/1259:48> »
Making a generic knowledge check to see if Doc thinks the bridge is built in a way that will support the weight:
generic knowledge (log 9 - defaulting 1 = 8): 8d6t5 3
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1655 on: <03-05-15/1306:35> »
Doc is more worried about the ice and snow on the bridge. Carrying the obelisk five meters between vehicles is one thing, but fifty meters across a bridge and up to the house is quite another, especially given the conditions. Doc thinks it is a good recipe for someone to slip or otherwise hurt themselves.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1656 on: <03-05-15/1453:49> »
Ohanzee's game to levitate it after an hour of rest. Having a few more points of stun to work with will do wonders for his willingness to attempt casting. But besides that, it seems worthwhile to check to see if maybe the safehouse already has a secure parking area, since leaving the van where it is would ruin the illusion of the inn being unoccupied.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1657 on: <03-05-15/1527:25> »
Ohanzee's game to levitate it after an hour of rest. Having a few more points of stun to work with will do wonders for his willingness to attempt casting. But besides that, it seems worthwhile to check to see if maybe the safehouse already has a secure parking area, since leaving the van where it is would ruin the illusion of the inn being unoccupied.

Good thinking.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1658 on: <03-05-15/1741:33> »
Yeah, lets head in.  Mal, Doc will give you a medicine roll to up the # of dice you get for natural healing.
With the assumption that we make it to a room:
Medicine roll to help Ohanzee (Med 5 + Log 9 = 14): 14d6t5 6
Booyah!  6 extra dice omae!  With 15 dice to heal with, you should be doing pretty damn well after an hour of rest ;)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1659 on: <03-05-15/2020:45> »
New IC is up.

FYI, I will be around tonight and tomorrow night, but tomorrow during the day I will be volunteering. I'll be away from a computer all day until the evening.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1660 on: <03-05-15/2033:29> »
Ace will stop broadcasting any SINs, comms go off, all wireless stays off when they exit the eurovan.

He'll let the others take the lead for reservations, etc.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1661 on: <03-07-15/1232:32> »
How long do we plan on staying in this safehouse? 24 hours is going to cost us 2,880 nuyen. We could last a little bit, but that's going to run us out of money really quickly.

I suppose we can figure that out IC after the people from the Bulldog share their plan to contact the magical foundations.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1662 on: <03-09-15/0222:45> »
The rental cost for the van is ¥125/day, but just to make it neat and tidy with the safehouse expense we'll call it ¥120/day. Combined with the safehouse expenses, that comes to ¥3,000/day. Collectively, the group has a bit over ¥14,000. I presume you will want to stay for at least one day in order to get a healing roll for Ohanzee.

Ohanzee's Assensing: Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 - 4 Wounds: 4d6t5 0 hits

8-bit

« Reply #1663 on: <03-10-15/1409:08> »
Are showers part of the base safehouse cost? Even if they aren't, I'm guessing Chino is probably in need of a shower.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1664 on: <03-10-15/1429:46> »
Yes, showers are included. Think of the lodgings as an upscale hotel from the late 19th century which has been updated to accommodate metahumans, but not technologically. There is electricity, but no trids and few electronics other than the security measures and a Renraku Manservant drone.

You are free to use your commlinks, but the wireless functionality won't work outside of the room you are in. So you could slot chips or use your commlink for an alarm clock, but not to send messages to each other unless you're in the same room.

There is plenty of hot water. Soap, shampoo, and shaving products are provided, as well as towels, robes, etc.

At this point we can either fast-forward a couple hours or we can meet up for a discussion of next steps. I figure Mal/Ohanzee will make the call, although others can chime in ICly or OOCly.