NEWS

[5e IC] Circus Tricks [2075 Game Thread]

• 424 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <09-24-14/1612:49> »
Replying over comms, Cutter says <<Gotta get close to 'em to find out what they're about.>>
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <09-24-14/1621:58> »
Having been in the business for a little while now, BT isn't so much surprised by the anarchy of the group as slightly dissappointed.
Once the sprite finishes compiling, he sends a message to the group.
<<<@Team [Bittorrent] Lets have someone offer to look at those bikes we just bricked and see if we can offer some assistance.  Play this off as helping hand situation.  Everyone is on eggshells right now but we can back off of this fairly simply.>>>
<<<@Morgan [Bittorrent] Lets hold off on any more harm for a quick parley with them?>>>

All the while, he's making ARO's of where devices are moving and sending the stream to the team.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #77 on: <09-24-14/1759:53> »
Flicker watches the young woman talking and sees BT sit to enter the matrix, I reach back and lock the door watching the girl.

Please excuse me, but I can not have someone walking in while my companion is indisposed. Please feel free to tell me what you see as far as the biker gang coming up on us.

Message received, currently guarding BT as he is indisposed, gathering Intel on the gang will update as soon as possible.

Welcome back BT was just watching over you while she prepares to tell me what she sees about the bikers.

Slipping the blade in my hand back into the hidden arm sheath as BT returns to the common reality of us non electron jockeys.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <09-24-14/1818:50> »
"Hijueputa!" Luz swore to herself, after turning down her voice volume. Ancients. if this goes bad and the rest of the gang find out, this could end up being a running battle through Seattle. One we don't want, especially moving so slow.

>>Hold up. l'll go over and see what they want. Watch the flankers, and keep an eye out in case these guys are a diversion<<

Using her hydraulic jacks, she gingerly jumps off the train and heads towards the gangers, turning her voice back up and in a different tone.

"Hola, amigos. What seems to be the problem?" She says as she approaches the nearest group.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

adamu

« Reply #79 on: <09-24-14/1826:11> »
Seeing the cyber-queen step out front for a bit of much-needed diplomacy, Al leaned over off the roof of the cab and pounded on the window. When Frank lowered it, Al said, "Keep the trains moving, but pull yer people up front back ta us'n, give 'er some time ta work somethin' out up there."

Then he returned to his firing position, putting the least girly-looking dandelion-eater right in his crosshairs.

8-bit

« Reply #80 on: <09-24-14/1901:12> »
Al spoke into his commlink, which was still on voice-to-text: <<Or…we could ask questions first an' shoot later. Ten lousy bikes ain't much threat, but piss off the Ancients fer hosin' down a buncha their compadres jist headed south ta Tarislar fer a keeb jamboree, then we got ourselves somethin' ta worry 'bout. But don't mind ol' Al. Reckon I'll shoot who I'm told.>>

Damn, even I know of the Ancients. Glad I didn't blow the guy's head off. Yet.

>>Hold up. l'll go over and see what they want. Watch the flankers, and keep an eye out in case these guys are a diversion<<

Using her hydraulic jacks, she gingerly jumps off the train and heads towards the gangers, turning her voice back up and in a different tone.

"Hola, amigos. What seems to be the problem?" She says as she approaches the nearest group.

As Ghost sees her walk towards the bikers he mentally texts back;

Recipient: Luz
Sender: Ghost
Watch yourself out there, they outnumber you 10 to 1. I'll watch your back, just give me the signal if your little talk has gone bad.

Ghost takes a deep break and tries to still the sound of the blood rushing through his veins. He mentally sends out a text;

Recipient: Team
Sender: Ghost
Do they actually know it was us who bricked their bikes? Yes, no? Do we have someone who can fix their bikes? If so, we might have a chance at this negotiation thing. Otherwise, we need to do a little bit of planning. We are completely uncoordinated, understandably so, but let's at least lay out tactics. If Luz gives the word that everything's gone to hell, we need to each have a target, or I fear she may not get out of there. I'll send AROs of what little I can see from my position.

Attached AROs: Biker group 1.ARO, Biker group 2.ARO, Bikers' Weapons.ARO
« Last Edit: <09-24-14/1928:57> by 8-bit »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <09-25-14/0010:41> »
Seeing the cybered woman move in toward the bikers, Cutter sends to her <<I got your back. Just say the word if you need me to move in.>>

With that, he turns his bike and tries to stay at a reasonably peaceable distance.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #82 on: <09-25-14/0031:24> »
[14SEP2075 1020 | Cirque de l'Ombre Caravan| Puyallup]

Observing the scene through his sensors, Harrier was less than thrilled. Just great! We go and rile up one of the most notorious go-gangs in the sprawl... Glancing through the incoming messages streaking toward his chopper icon, the rigger took note that Morgan had maintained comms silence since he bricked the vehicles. I would too... Figuring he should add something useful to the proceedings, he sent a quick message.

<<@Team [Harrier] I've got a hardware kit in the chopper. If we just need to do a rubbish slap-dash repair on the bikes, it shouldn't take more than an hour to get both back to something that looks like normal, maybe less if someone else helps.>>

Harrier immediately regretted sending the message. The last place he wanted to be in this God-forsaken place was outside, in the ash, and on the ground.
« Last Edit: <09-25-14/1335:21> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #83 on: <09-25-14/1325:00> »
[14SEP2075 1020 | A street crossing| Puyallup]

With the faint screech of old brakes the cab came to a halt. It was old, a bit rusty, but still worked well enough and the orc driving it knew, what he was doing. In sight of the front of the huge land train, the door on the right side opened. A rather large man, nearing 1.9 meters height, exited the vehicle, thanked his driver with a warm smile and then went towards the land train. A very well tailored, fine coat (identified as a Mortimer of London Argentum Coat to those with good taste or knowledge), protected him against most of the harsh environment here. The man himself seemed to be nearing his fiftieth year, his hair starting to turn grey in spots, his beard being mostly grey yet. His right hand held a cane, while the left pulled a travelling case behind him.
With a confident smile he closed in on the scene of five bikes meeting a single, cybered up woman. The look on his face made one think if this is excactly, what he expected. He himself felt right home with this sight. Do not let work wait... As it seems, I am not too late by a minute. Thanks again, Joe.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #84 on: <09-25-14/1508:44> »
The expanse of blue-semi nothingness outside of the host seemed almost barren compared to the beautifully sculpted interior. It was only when friendly Icons blasted past and out into the combat zone that Morgan twigged, he'd gone off half cocked...again...
Get hired to protect a fuckin' convoy, armed biker gang shows up, and we send out the fuckin' welcome comittee? More tea vicar??? dafuck..
//Well shit ladies and gentlemen, this hasn't gone well. Is this large gang of friendly local and well armed bikers, all alone out here in the ash wastes, rapidly closing in on our precious convoy to be trusted/parlayed with/hosed down? please do tell....//
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <09-25-14/1623:58> »
"Qué chingados." she curses to herself, seeing the overdressed newcomer, dragging a wheeled suitcase through the ash, head towards the bikers. Luz stops shortly before reaching the Ancients and approaches the businessman, addressing him in a harsh, hushed tone. "Get on the train. I don't know who you are; but, this isn't the place to stop and ask directions."

She pauses, her cyberware scanner reports the newcomer's augmentations. Well, this isn't your average tourist.
« Last Edit: <09-25-14/1633:44> by Lusis »

S.Miles

• Newb
« Reply #86 on: <09-25-14/1633:26> »
[14SEP2075 1020 | A street crossing| Puyallup]

The overdressed newcomer smiles warmly and lifts his imaginary tophat. "I have already found, what I was looking for. But thank you anyway, mylady." His English is the most perfect British English she has ever heard. It's probably more correct, than any Brit could speak it. It does not have a hint of accent in it.
He leaves the suitcase standing in the middle of the street and looks calmly at the aproaching Ancients, examining them for anything out of the unusual. After a few moments he turns back to the cybered lady next to him. "I am terribly sorry, where are my manners?" He offers the lady his hand, the palm facing upwards. Does he want to kiss her hand? "My name is Hans Richter, Mr. Torrent asked me to support you in your endeavor to see the Circus safely through Puayalup. I am here as... negotiator, mediator and face of our joint operation." He is still smiling, not caring too much about the approaching Ancients. If the lady had offered her hand, he would have indeed given her a light kiss on the back of the chrome hand.

adamu

« Reply #87 on: <09-25-14/1644:34> »
Al pulled his face away from the rifle scope to get a wider view of the sudden turn of events. Wiping ash from his goggles, he shook his head as some dandy-boy codger played Prince Charming to their very own Snow White. If only the Ancients were a dwarf gang it would've been perfect.

But with so many guns around, a fairy tale ending to the day seemed unlikely at best. And he didn't figure Luz for the curtseying type. Remembering his job, he put the lead go-ganger back in his sights, wondering if this gig could possibly be half as weird as the last one.

Well, it was a circus, after all...

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #88 on: <09-25-14/1704:21> »
Luz ignores Richter's advances and pauses for a moment before grabbing his arm and pulling him close and leaning forward towards his ear. "Mira Joto, Our hacker bricked these cabrónes bikes as soon as he saw them. All we want is to avoid pissing off the biggest gang in Seattle, so do your magic so we can get paid."

She turns and heads towards the gang, pulling him briefly before letting go.

"Where's your gun, primo?" She whispers to Richter.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <09-25-14/1714:27> »
Not quite trusting the newcomer, despite the lack of offensive posture from the cyber-woman, Cutter, sitting astride his bike lines up a shot with his pistol aimed at the back of the older man's cranium. He does not fire yet, of course, instead holding off until he sees true evidence of what side he's on.

Register