NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #105 on: <08-25-14/1141:54> »
Wait, hunting rifle? I thought there were 4 shotguns? Guessing this one isn't wireless, then :)

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <08-25-14/1147:19> »
Wait, hunting rifle? I thought there were 4 shotguns? Guessing this one isn't wireless, then :)

Whoops, forgot to mention the rifle. All four weapons are wireless, but only the three shotgun holders were aiming at the open doors.

Four guys inside, three with shotguns, one with a hunting rifle. One shotgun is aimed out the back hatch, one out the side door, and one towards the front of the vehicle to acocunt for passenger and driver doors. Hunting rifle guy just leaned out the side door and is now aiming down hill at the Elf. This triggers The Human's LOS requirement on his delayed action.
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1149:22> by Ryo »

martinchaen

« Reply #107 on: <08-25-14/1151:33> »
Coolio. Unfortunately, I'd be blissfully unaware of this, so the Elf will obviously keep declared actions as is.

Brace for impact! :)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <08-25-14/1216:16> »
Your Delayed Actions are free to trigger.

Ren, why don't you do the honors and commence the party?

As soon as I see the men inside the vehicle through the sensors I notify my partners.

martinchaen, wasn't the Elf watching the proceeding via the car's sensors?

martinchaen

« Reply #109 on: <08-25-14/1306:45> »
Tecumseh
Yes, but I don't think correlating someone pointing a gun out a window with that gun being aimed at yourself is necessarily all that straight forward.

Besides, I'm already engaging in cyberbattle. Hopefully the Masked Woman or the Human can intervene, or the shooter's aim will be off.

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <08-25-14/1339:01> »
Sorry weekend was busier then expected. Will get a post up.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <08-25-14/1431:30> »
Delayed actions of AP1:
Simple action - Ready weapon (draw taser from the holster)
Free action - Call a Shot (going for vitals, +2 DV)
Simple Action - Fire Single Shot: AGI(9) + Pistols(?) - glare(1) - called shot(4) [Accuracy(6)], contemplating spending Edge to reroll any dice that weren't a hit, but will decide after the results of the roll are known; damage will be 9S(e) + 2 from called shot + net hits, -5AP

Also, rolling a Memory test to see if i remember being ambidexterous. LOG(4) + WIL(3) (7d6.hits(5)=3)
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #112 on: <08-25-14/1438:12> »
Delayed actions of AP1:
Simple action - Ready weapon (draw taser from the holster)
Free action - Call a Shot (going for vitals, +2 DV)
Simple Action - Fire Single Shot: AGI(9) + Pistols(?) - glare(1) - called shot(4) [Accuracy(6)], contemplating spending Edge to reroll any dice that weren't a hit, but will decide after the results of the roll are known; damage will be 9S(e) + 2 from called shot + net hits, -5AP

Also, rolling a Memory test to see if i remember being ambidexterous. LOG(4) + WIL(3) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

You realize you're Ambidextrous.

You have the entire Firearms Group at 4. So Pistols 4.

You're 10 meters from the van, and that's within Medium Range for a taser, so Glare -1 and Range -1 pushes you up one row to -3 from Environmental Factors. However, you also have a smartlinked taser, so you could get +2 from that. Total dice is 8d6.

The Hunter failed to see you, so he counts as Unaware.
Agility 6(9) + Pistols 4 + Smartlink 2 - Environmental factors 3  - Called Shot 4: 8d6t5 1

1 hit becomes 1 net. Total damage is 12S(e) -5 AP. Hunter rolls Damage soak; 1 hit. takes 11 Stun and is immediately dropped. Seeing their friend go down triggers Composure checks for the men remaining in the van. One of them loses Composure.

These results will be posted in the IC.
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1448:33> by Ryo »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <08-25-14/1505:07> »
The Masked Woman has already spent her Free Action so she'll spend a Simple on Ready Weapons. Her Reaction seems too low to reliably perform a Quick Draw maneuver, although I suppose the odds of glitching are probably slim. She'll take the slow, methodical approach for now, so AGI / 2 = 3 throwing knives at the ready.

It occurs to me that I don't know her Throwing Weapons skill yet so I am uncertain what to roll. She'll be advancing toward the vehicle to get some LOS and to get out of the glare of the headlights. Is there an attack penalty for walking? It used to be -1 in Arsenal. In 5E, Run & Gun has optional rules (RG3 on p. 108) but those seem to be based around negative modifiers for attacking a walking target, not for the attacker walking. Someone let me know if I completely misread that.

I'm guessing Range is Medium (short is 4 meters, medium is 8). Not to gimp myself unduly, but it seems like Wind would be an environmental modifier too.

AP1
Free Action: Comm a phrase
Simple Action: Ready weapon
Simple Action: Throw weapon
Non-action Action: Advance toward target at a walk, maybe taking cover against the side of the van after the throw if that's plausible

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #114 on: <08-25-14/1514:16> »
There is no penalty for walking, just running. You have Throwing Weapons (Blades) 4 (+2), for 6 dice throwing your knives.

You could easily walk into short range, since you have a walk speed of 12 meters, so there's no reason to give yourself the Medium range penalty. Wind is a factor; it didn't affect The Human because smartlink mitigates wind. Visibility is also an issue due to Light Snow, but Thermographic vision mitigates that. You walked out of the glare, and you walked into short range, so you only have -1 from environmental penalties.

Total Dice pool is Agility 6 + Throwing Weapons 4 + Specialization 2 - Environmental 1. You have 11 dice.

You also have the Gear Access for your knives, so you can ready them as a Free action. That gives you a Simple to take cover after you throw.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <08-25-14/1537:37> »
A specialization! I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see one.

Works for me. I'm uncertain of who I may or may not have LOS on. Decision tree: 1) inside the van, 2) facing out the driver's side door, 3) unaware.

Feeling conflicted on lethality but I'm going to go with the handle-first (Stun) approach for now if it doesn't require a Called Shot or a specific action. If it does require another action, which I don't have, then so sorry chummer. It was the thought that counts.

AGI 6 + Skill 4 + Spec 2 - Wind 1 = 4 hits

DV is 5S + net hits.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #116 on: <08-25-14/1545:59> »
A specialization! I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see one.

Works for me. I'm uncertain of who I may or may not have LOS on. Decision tree: 1) inside the van, 2) facing out the driver's side door, 3) unaware.

Feeling conflicted on lethality but I'm going to go with the handle-first (Stun) approach for now if it doesn't require a Called Shot or a specific action. If it does require another action, which I don't have, then so sorry chummer. It was the thought that counts.

AGI 6 + Skill 4 + Spec 2 - Wind 1 = 4 hits

DV is 5S + net hits.

It does require a Called Shot to go handle first, but since your AP is only -1, you may do Stun anyway.

The three guys in the van are delaying their actions to attack the first person they see. So he takes an Observe in Detail to attempt to see you (has to beat your Sneaking roll of 6), and will then shoot you if he succeeds.

Intuition 3 + Perception 4 + Specifically looking 3: 10d6t5 4

He doesn't see you move into position and is caught Unaware. 4 net hits puts you at 9P, beating his armor. So much for converting to stun.

4 hits on damage soak. He takes 5P. You stick him in the chest with a knife, and he begins to bleed pretty badly. Congrats, you just triggered the optional rules from Bullets and Bandages by dealing more than 5P in a single attack. This hunter will now continue to bleed out, adding 1 box of damage every (Body) turns, until he dies or is stabilized. You also exceeded his Physical Limit of 4, knocking him down.

Feel free to post your attack in the IC, and I'll post the aftermath.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <08-25-14/1550:07> »
IC post in progress.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #118 on: <08-25-14/1632:52> »
And it's the masked woman's turn again!

martinchaen

« Reply #119 on: <08-25-14/1645:28> »
Weee! I don't get shot today :D

Poor hunters... just driving along, and then suddenly their car stops, their doors open, and in less than a second two of their guys goes down, one twitching from a taser dart stuck firmly on his body and the other from a knife to the throat...

Do any of their PANs go offline when they go unconscious?
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1710:43> by martinchaen »