NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #120 on: <08-25-14/1657:38> »
Weee! I don't get shot today :D

Poor hunters... just driving along, and then suddenly their car stops, their doors open, and in less than a second two of their guys goes down, one twitching from a taser dart stuck firmly on his body and the other from a knife to the throat...

Do any of their PANs go offline when they go unconscious?

No, there's no reason for that to happen. They all have external comms, and they're all still on.

martinchaen

« Reply #121 on: <08-25-14/1714:38> »
Hehe, cool. I was thinking headlinks.

All righty, I'll keep hacking away at the commlinks, then, trying to stop their comms until they're all down. Have I lost visual of the two hunters that are still alive through the vehicle sensors? If one of them is behind the car, I might consider trying to have the autopilot run him over  :D
CT1, AP3, IS 4
Complex Action: Data Spike [7]: Firewall 4 Commlink
13d6t5: 4 [13d6t5=2, 6, 3, 4, 1, 4, 6, 1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 5]

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #122 on: <08-25-14/1721:25> »
Hehe, cool. I was thinking headlinks.

All righty, I'll keep hacking away at the commlinks, then, trying to stop their comms until they're all down. Have I lost visual of the two hunters that are still alive through the vehicle sensors? If one of them is behind the car, I might consider trying to have the autopilot run him over  :D
CT1, AP3, IS 4
Complex Action: Data Spike [7]: Firewall 4 Commlink
13d6t5: 4 [13d6t5=2, 6, 3, 4, 1, 4, 6, 1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 5]

You have not lost visual, no. One is still sitting in the back, the other is behind the car.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <08-25-14/1736:15> »
The Masked Woman, AP2
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Throw Weapon at uninjured man in the van
Free Action: Held? Unless needed for emerging from cover. Or, if emerging from cover requires a Simple, then drop the aim.

Same roll as before but +1 for Take Aim and +1 for the wind maybe (?) not being relevant since I'm basically throwing inside the van. If untrue, we'll drop the last die.

AGI 6 + Skill 4 + Spec 2 + Aim 1 = 8 hits! ... but capped by Physical limit of 6. The last two dice are both hits so the wind and aim questions are moot.

Base 5P + net hits, AP -1

I'm back up to 33.6% rolling!

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #124 on: <08-25-14/1755:38> »
The Masked Woman, AP2
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Throw Weapon at uninjured man in the van
Free Action: Held? Unless needed for emerging from cover. Or, if emerging from cover requires a Simple, then drop the aim.

Same roll as before but +1 for Take Aim and +1 for the wind maybe (?) not being relevant since I'm basically throwing inside the van. If untrue, we'll drop the last die.

AGI 6 + Skill 4 + Spec 2 + Aim 1 = 8 hits! ... but capped by Physical limit of 6. The last two dice are both hits so the wind and aim questions are moot.

Base 5P + net hits, AP -1

I'm back up to 33.6% rolling!

Wind wouldn't apply inside the car, yeah. And you could invest in a smartlink in the future to use with your knives. They apparently have a smartlink wireless bonus, so I assume they would also get the +1 die +1 Accuracy bonus from Take Aim, instead of having to pick.

The injured man has now seen his buddy take a knife and counts as aware, so he gets his dodge roll. He got lucky and got 4 hits, but not lucky enough, since you still have 2 net.

7P, AP-1. He rolls for soak and gets lucky again, 5 hits. You do 2P.

That makes it the Human's turn.
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1817:39> by Ryo »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <08-25-14/1830:19> »
The Masked Woman needs to hit the gym. I'm doing less damage than a hold-out here.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #126 on: <08-25-14/1845:36> »
Actions for the Human, CT1 AP2:
No action - moving about 10 meters (well within walking rate) to the guy shooting the night; trying to be sneaky about it (@GM: i know it's improbable, but i felt it fitting, so i just roll my stealth, please apply appropriate modifiers, even if they say 'impossible'  :D ); AGI(9) + Sneaking(3) [Physical(7)] (12d6.hits(5)=2)
Free action - activate Shock Hands
Complex action - melee attack: AGI(9) + Unarmed combat(?) + charge(2); damage 9S(e) + net hits, -5AP
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1847:20> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #127 on: <08-25-14/1902:52> »
Actions for the Human, CT1 AP2:
No action - moving about 10 meters (well within walking rate) to the guy shooting the night; trying to be sneaky about it (@GM: i know it's improbable, but i felt it fitting, so i just roll my stealth, please apply appropriate modifiers, even if they say 'impossible'  :D ); AGI(9) + Sneaking(3) [Physical(7)] (12d6.hits(5)=2)
Free action - activate Shock Hands
Complex action - melee attack: AGI(9) + Unarmed combat(?) + charge(2); damage 9S(e) + net hits, -5AP

Improbable? You're in darkness and trying to move quietly on a target that has lost composure. Being sneaky here is totally doable. 2 hits on 12 dice is a pretty bad roll, he may spot you.

Intuition 3 + Perception 4 - 2 Perciever Distracted - 3 Dim Light: 2d6t5 0 Did I say spot you? I meant stand there shooting wildly while oblivious to the world.

You have the Close Combat Skill Group at rating 4, so Unarmed 4.

Agility(9) + Unarmed 4 + Charge 2 - 1 for Partial Light. The light inside the van is providing Dim Light around the shooter, and your Thermo moves it up one level to Partial. So, 14d6.

Agility(9) + Unarmed 4 + Charge 2 - 1 Environmental.: 14d6t5 3

3 hits are 3 net against an unaware target, so that's 12S(e), -5 AP. 1 hit on soak, for 11S. He's out like a light.

Those results will be posted momentarily. It then becomes Crumpled Man's turn, and he switches to VR. Then it goes around back to the beginning of the 3rd pass. Only person who has an action on the third pass is the Elf, and she uses a Data Spike.

*rolls that*

And bricks the shit out of that Comm. Fun times. Alright, now to post these results in the IC.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <08-25-14/1914:40> »
Oh hey, you should have gotten another +2 to that because it was a Touch Only attack. Oh well, you took him out anyway.

The Masked Woman needs to hit the gym. I'm doing less damage than a hold-out here.

You remember you have the Increase Strength preparation. You also forgot to put Magic Fingers on your spell list.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <08-25-14/1957:15> »
You remember you have the Increase Strength preparation. You also forgot to put Magic Fingers on your spell list.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Thanks for the reminder about Magic Fingers. Don't I have a sweet table for my spell list though?

I have a Free Action left to say something witty to the last guy. Quick, I need suggestions. The best I can come up with is "Hitchhikers."

martinchaen

« Reply #130 on: <08-25-14/2011:20> »
Elf will want to make sure no calls are in progress to the cops, so she'll take whatever actions needed to secure the remaining comms, after taking a quick look at her Overwatch Score.

Simple Action: Check Overwatch Score [5]
13d6t5: 3 [13d6t5=1, 6, 4, 3, 3, 1, 6, 1, 4, 2, 1, 5, 4]

Let me know if you want me to roll anything; Matrix Perception to check what the last action on the commlinks were. Hack each of them to make sure. Just wanting to really make certain that they didn't notify anyone. Also probably turning the wireless features of the vehicle into Running Silent mode and/or disabling them completely.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <08-25-14/2018:22> »
Simple Action: Check Overwatch Score [5]
13d6t5: 3 [13d6t5=1, 6, 4, 3, 3, 1, 6, 1, 4, 2, 1, 5, 4]

I was wondering if you were going to remember to do that. When you started that action, your Overwatch Score was 33.

Let me know if you want me to roll anything; Matrix Perception to check what the last action on the commlinks were. Hack each of them to make sure. Just wanting to really make certain that they didn't notify anyone. Also probably turning the wireless features of the vehicle into Running Silent mode and/or disabling them completely.

No need to roll since combat is over now, but you check their comms and find that none of them have been used to make any actions recently. You find two bricked comms, one of which was the one that was trying to control the car after you hacked it, the other was the Erika Elite you bricked a moment ago.

Your Logic is high enough for you to conclude that whatever they were doing that involved capturing an animal in a net in the middle of the night was probably super illegal, so its unlikely they would have tried to call the cops.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <08-25-14/2021:07> »
Are we in open RP then, or is the man with 5P still actively resisting?

Presuming we are not being shot at, The Masked Woman would perform an Observe in Detail on the interior of the van. Specifically trying to tell what sort of animal they had in the back and the nature of their trip, plus any lurking dangers or opportunities that might be present.

INT 6 + Perception 3 + Vision Enhancement 3 = 6 hits. On a roll now.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <08-25-14/2045:10> »
Now that we're out of combat The Crumpled Man would remain in VR long enough to help out with t he searches of the comms. He'd also check the Van's systems for where the hunters had been and were going.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #134 on: <08-25-14/2048:04> »
Are we in open RP then, or is the man with 5P still actively resisting?

Presuming we are not being shot at, The Masked Woman would perform an Observe in Detail on the interior of the van. Specifically trying to tell what sort of animal they had in the back and the nature of their trip, plus any lurking dangers or opportunities that might be present.

INT 6 + Perception 3 + Vision Enhancement 3 = 6 hits. On a roll now.

Open RP, yeah. Guy with the knife stuck in him is just sobbing and trying to stop the bleeding. He's reaching for something under the passenger seat, which turns out to be a medkit.

The inside of the van is luxurious, but lacking back seats and somewhat marred now by the blood stains from both the men you knifed and the animal that has been shot in the head. The smell is also pungent, and you can see from the way the men are dressed and the gear they have that they are hunters or poachers. You don't see anything that looks like it poses any danger to you.

When you examine the animal closely, you see that it's a massive bear-like creature, with the exception of having large ram horns and being so large that it easily takes up the entire floorspace of the van. There are only two seats; driver and passenger, with the four back seats removed, likely in preparation for holding this animal. Though its skull has been blown open by a close range shotgun blast, you can tell that it was muzzled, with its paws restrained with oversized manacles, and its entire body encased in a thick metal net.

Now that we're out of combat The Crumpled Man would remain in VR long enough to help out with t he searches of the comms. He'd also check the Van's systems for where the hunters had been and were going.

Doing that, you'll find that their GPS tracks them towards an area of the mounains known to be a protected wildlife preserve and the habitat of numerous paranormal critters.

Register