NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2505 on: <08-12-15/1554:52> »
Solo will try to see how honest the projecting mage is.
resist con: 11d6t5 2
not much dice luck. ;)

Basically Solo wants to stall enough so that by the time we let him in, the family are undercover protected or what ever Al is planning in there.

adamu

« Reply #2506 on: <08-12-15/1819:54> »
no big plan - just a few modest preparations in case things get crazy.

of all the places you could go to talk with this guy, the first place he suggests is our room...just seems fishy to me...you're in the lobby chatting with a ghost ....you or he could just as easily rent another room...meet on neutral ground and still be private...

I see your point that he could just float in anyway - but you've got Vic's big spirit backed up by all those giant watchers to stop him - maybe not so easy without an invitation...

I just feel bad about letting him in the suite just because he asked nicely...

But I'm not there...I'll follow your lead.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2507 on: <08-12-15/1827:24> »
I think that we should be alright as long as he does not assense the family. If they do and my ritual magic education is right (this game is the first time I try to use this skill), they can probobly use a symbolic link or something weaker than actual DNA to track them. So I too will feel more comfortable with a neutral location.

adamu

« Reply #2508 on: <08-12-15/1830:34> »
Yikes - now I just read the IC.

Yeah, these guys are scary.

So yeah, if you can steer him somewhere else but our fourth floor, it would be better!

But two things - maybe -

* If they are government, they may be ruthless, but they probably won't be mean just to be mean.
They might even sort of think of themselves as the good guys, and want to minimize harm.

* Their reach down here in the underkingdom may be more limited. where a corp would just hire some badass locals, the government will might want to use its own assets, which would have a harder time operating down here.

...so maybe maybe maybe, he's negotiating because he doesn't have much ability to project power down here. If he had the hard option, maybe he'd just be using it already...

So basically, we have no idea.

I really wish we had a more clear idea of the layout of this place.

But based on the assumption that the stairway up to the fourth floor is the only way in or out, we are prepared to nuke the entrance, and also prepared to make a new exit.

So with no idea of the threat composition, I think we are as prepared as we can be...

Wish Trisk was around lately - would love a good peak at the local grid down here right now....

Hey, a thought, while your pack of watchers is, in my opinion, an excellent tactic for astral combat, you might also send a few poking around looking for any attack force these guys have hiding around here...

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #2509 on: <08-12-15/1845:38> »
I would also like to point out, as a matter of standard preparation, that I'll activate my qi focus/killing hands. Good call Al.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2510 on: <08-12-15/1909:26> »
@Adamu - we also have regular drones that can be used. Solo has 6 horizon flying eye drones.
(I just bought 3 more in this downtime). I haven't thogught about it but Solo should give everyone a mark on these drones as even if they are hacked they are basically flying cameras.

adamu

« Reply #2511 on: <08-12-15/1917:04> »
Awesome - you are like the renaissance man of Shadowrun.

adamu

« Reply #2512 on: <08-12-15/1923:53> »
PCs note: Im in Nebraska. Only two more days, thank god.

I love Nebraska!

You are living the dream!

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2513 on: <08-13-15/1741:11> »
Now leaving Pennsylvania. Almost there...

Will post tonight. Sorry that Im locking everything up, SK.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2514 on: <08-13-15/1803:15> »
All good... delays can mean interesting results.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2515 on: <08-13-15/1816:47> »
KB: You seem to travel a lot ;)
Jack... what did you get?
« Last Edit: <08-13-15/1820:23> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2516 on: <08-14-15/0200:20> »
Well, there is a long package that might contain a Crocket sniper rifle.
Than there is this box of assorted ammo and grenades: DMSO+Narcoject capsule rounds, dito as gas grenades. There are some also two modified flashpacks with expanded UV spectrum. Also Incendiary capsule rounds (based on the incendiary arrow).
Finally there is a force 3 weapon focus (Knucks) in the package combined with a force 2 qi focus elemental strike

Not yet delivered is a full body armor with a riot shield inside an AEROQUIP Dustoff drone, waiting somewhere in London above.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2517 on: <08-14-15/1130:12> »
Its not that I travel a lot. It was one big move. I started in Sacramento, CA, and now I live in Staten Island, NY.

Back now. Posting in another window.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2518 on: <08-14-15/1139:09> »
oh wow! Goodluck in your new life in Staten Island.
I moved from Haifa, Israel to Turin, Italy and it is still not easy.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2519 on: <08-14-15/1144:10> »
Well, you definitely have me beat on the cultural differences between the two! I just had to travel 4700 kilometers. But I'm here now, and it is glorious!

Register