NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2310 on: <07-31-15/0054:28> »
16 dice is the spirit M (F8 spirit of man) not that it did us any good with merely 2 successes with all these dice.
Solo has 10 dice and can amplify his defense to 18 dice with willpower + logic buffs. But I think that while being channeled the stats of the spirit are used except when targeted with direct damage spells (then you take the minimal of the stats).  If I am doing it wrong correct me.

But - I think with the illusion of a cheering crowd makes us pretty much well hidden from their eyes and by the time they see through the illusions most of you will already be out of the spells grasp.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2311 on: <07-31-15/0100:17> »
@The team: Can anyone here play music in a manner that is not electronic (magic, instruments?) If these guys operate the way I fear they do, they'll want a contest of arms or art. Or both. I can do art (but Id need a musician) and I can do carromeleg if they're super elven, but any other martial contests are probably best done by someone who is...not me. Without my sword I am distinctly second rate.

Could probably beat the pants off any of this lot in a race... but that's my only real area of expertise... even my combat stuff is as much about suppression and firepower than any real skill.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2312 on: <07-31-15/0120:26> »
Performance skill is totally in my to do for Solo - but not yet. ;) If Aria allows it perhaps illusion magic can be used as it effects all the senses.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2313 on: <07-31-15/0301:07> »
Well, between Demara, JoaT and some tutorsoft, Isaint has the ability and excuse to learn just about everything in no time - but only at a very low level.

That said: No dance offs in the catacombs. This can only lead to one thing
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2314 on: <07-31-15/0306:05> »
YESSSSS!

Sadly I do not have a possession tradition.

With the acoustics down here, Id go with singing myself. Which is why I need a pianist if it goes that way. Performance is CHA, so I am so vastly overqualified hy defaukt that its not even funny. Mind you, Im vastly overqualified for a skill NO ONE USES EVER, so I probably shouldnt pat myself on the back too much.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2315 on: <07-31-15/0308:34> »
M with boosted charisma can have 11 dice defaulting stuff
That said we can also augment Isaint..

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2316 on: <07-31-15/0315:04> »
Possibly. Depends on whether they want to go one on one, one on one in sequence, or as a troupe.

If its in sequence, we might be able to each do our primary thing. Isaint can shoot, Tobbis can deck against their decker, SaM can martial arts, Goodnight can sing or duel, and Nitro can use his drone to play cat and mouse. Im not sure of Al's expertise, though I suspect a crafting contest might be something he's good at. Thats hard to do quickly though. A lot of this depends on the harlequins. Im just spitballing.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2317 on: <07-31-15/0331:22> »
Well, if it comes to that: Isaint can do some pretty amazing coin tricks with palming ;D
Furthermore: Gymnastics has the specialization for dancing, so that would also be a viable avenue for a contest (Although I'm still not sure why on earth we should engage in such a competition)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2318 on: <07-31-15/0336:47> »
If it costs us nothing but skill to gain favor and respect without violence, Im all for it. Besides, Nitro has center of attention and goodnight is a bit of a showoff. And I would really like to avoid combat with people who may have monofilament weapons.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2319 on: <07-31-15/0339:50> »
Solo will make sure that the crowed are with you;) beside i am sure that they can make very good music perhaps goodnight and their muse can rock togheter.

Kinkerbell

• Omae
« Reply #2320 on: <07-31-15/0351:38> »
Thats the idea! Besides, then if the monsters jump us, we have more targets for the bad guys to choose from. And from an RP Standard, Gokdnight would love to introduce her sister the dancer to these folks.

adamu

« Reply #2321 on: <07-31-15/0451:43> »
What is the treshold to resist?
Need to roll more net hits, in this case 6! But if you reduce them you can try again with subsequent complex actions until you get 6 total (although the subsequent rolls are at -6D!

So just to confirm - the interval for subsequent rolls (all at -6) is just as soon as you get your next comlex action...or is there a time interval like extended tests? Or do we just get to roll again if there is some trigger to give us another chance?

Is the -6 for all subsequent rolls, or is it cumulative (-6 then -12 etc)?

(It's been a fun couple of posts, but clearly I am interested in Al being a peacenik hippy for as little time as possible!)

adamu

« Reply #2322 on: <07-31-15/0454:45> »
Well, total bummer to see another character go (hopefully Saithor will be back!).

But...does this mean we will get another mysterious disappearance?

That definitely jacks up the tension!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2323 on: <07-31-15/0519:35> »
Just wanted to come here and say I will have to drop out. This game is really outpacing me, and I don't have the time needed to read everything at the rate everyone is posting. I thank Aria for the chance and everyone of the other runners for their time and wish everyone good luck!
Sorry to hear that, welcome back any time! I might also run a slower paced game for Smiley and others if that appeals...?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2324 on: <07-31-15/0752:42> »
Hecate, apart from trying to mellow you all out is actively cleansing the astral here and background count (was 1) is temporarily 0...good news for all you magic types!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36