NEWS

Limits & Cyberlimbs

• 96 Replies

JimmyCrisis

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <06-12-14/1832:57> »
In 4th edition, the cybertorso was necessary for any real strength or agility rating on cyberlimbs.  In 5th edition, the cybertorso is "just a shell" according to the rules.  It's reasonable to say that cyberlimbs extend into connecting tissues and support structure as well in this edition, removing the necessity of the cybertorso from 4th.  I imagine that a cyberarm replaces the shoulder and some part of the back, as well as cyberlegs extending up into the lumbars.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #91 on: <06-13-14/0117:23> »
Man I so wanted to be done with this thread...
Pg 459
Enhanced articulation: A number of procedures like joint-surface coating, re-lubrication, and tendon and ligament augmentation lead to more fuid muscle and joint action. Enhanced articulation provides you with a +1 dice pool modifer to your Escape Artist skill and a +1 increase to your Physical limit (cumulative with other limit modifers).

So basically the entire thrust of the arguement is that someone who has 4 cyberlimbs and has replaced every joint, ligament, and tendon in the body excepting their spine can get a +1 physical limit by doing the Spine but not by REPLACING EVERY OTHER JOINT, LIGAMENT, AND TENDON IN THEIR BODY. The logical fallacy inherent is to much to sustain within a universe that has magic, dragons, & cyberware.... mind boggling how this is considered fair.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #92 on: <06-13-14/0157:16> »
mind boggling how this is considered fair.

Fairness is a game mechanic, not a fluff mechanic.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #93 on: <06-13-14/0326:29> »
mind boggling how this is considered fair.

Fairness is a game mechanic, not a fluff mechanic.

Dumb mechanic... I've never called for them to be used for calculating the limit... merely a bonus similar to the Damage Condition Monitor bonus but with a slower progression (+0/+1/+2/+3)... cause the fully cybered sam is not that good for anything besides combat now (see the full break down of the Combat God on pg 5)..

it's the non combat actions that are mainly affected which is a first for the Nerf Hammer to hit
« Last Edit: <06-13-14/0328:20> by I_AM_ZHOUL!!! »

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <06-13-14/0440:44> »
I've never called for them to be used for calculating the limit... merely a bonus similar to the Damage Condition Monitor bonus but with a slower progression (+0/+1/+2/+3)...
Why would you automatically get a +3 physical limit if you for example have a natural strength of 6 and replace 4 of your natural limbs with cyberlimbs that have strength ratings of 3...?

That would be a "Dumb mechanic" if anything ;)
« Last Edit: <06-13-14/0443:19> by Xenon »

Booze

• Chummer
  • Johny Walker, the street name Booze came by itself
« Reply #95 on: <06-13-14/0452:33> »
About "Dumb Mechanic", is there any RAW or RAI that would prevent you from calculating physical limit for particular limb? Just like calculating attributes. For shootin' or runnin'.

Just to make it clear I'am 'voting' for calculating avrage on limbs.

As I played a cyborg in 4th ed. there have been some serious holes in rules. That made cyborgs qiute unplayable for PC. And changing all limbs for prostetics was pure madness!!! Talking of madness... the negative qualities for cyborgs and cyber zobies...
Booze's VU93 Profile
Im From EU, so my time zone is +7 from forum time, when you sleep I read ;)

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #96 on: <06-13-14/1202:35> »
Thank you all for the information on Cyberlimbs.

Its been very enlightening.

But as the thread seems to be rehashing the same stuff over & over again.

I'm going to go ahead & lock it.

Feel free to start a new thread if some new inventive use comes up.

Register