NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1200 on: <10-31-15/2022:13> »
Clem got her restraints out and cuffed Bacchus after pulling him out of the vehicle. She decided not to say anything to him and instead just motioned for Torley to come over. "Try and get him to talk before our friend works on him" said the ork, pointing with her head over to O'Connor. She intentionally said it so that Bacchus could hear and see her.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1201 on: <11-01-15/0135:56> »
Bacchus begins to look panicked, "No body has to 'try' and get me to talk, I'M TALKING!!  What do you want to talk about ? I can be a very talkative person, just give something to talk about and I will talk your ear off.  People even talk about the fact that I talk so much.  You might even say that talking is my thing, you know what I am talking about?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1202 on: <11-01-15/0104:22> »
Snow leans over to Sammy and whispers, "He does not seem much like a master criminal, does he?  I wonder if he had help setting up the blackmail scheme?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1203 on: <11-01-15/0902:22> »
Sam holstered his gun as he went and knelt down in front of Bacchus. "Talking is good. But the problem with talking is that you need to be saying stuff that others are interested in hearing. Right now, I'm going to talk about how you can avoid dealing with my over-aggressive friend over there, which I know you're interested in, so I know you're going to listen."

He continued, "Recently, some starlets have been having...issues. Which, I'll grant, isn't unusual. But we're interested in knowing the specifics of some of them, and we happen to know that you are the man we can get them from. So let's start with an easy one: tell us what you know of Chrissy Daee's recent issue. Before you start, I should warn you--we already know many of the details, so don't lie. It'll just annoy my friend, which I assure you would be a bad idea. Oh, and he has a rather limited attention span; I recommend short and interesting."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1204 on: <11-01-15/1112:21> »
Snow goes over to the pile of stuff Con had taken from Bacchus and picks up the commlink he was using.  "Let's just see if there is anything useful on here, like who he has been talking to lately."  She walks back to where Sammy is standing.  "You might know some of these names better than I; do you want to take a look with me?"  Snow begins to flip through the contact list, looking for names she knows or has heard of, allowing Sammy to see the screen over her shoulder.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1205 on: <11-01-15/2112:35> »
Bacchus looked from Torley to Con, then back to Torley.  "I never met her personally, but she decided to go partying in one of my voyeur rooms with that new action star, Whyte Night, among others.  Me and the guy I was working with figured she be down for some professional work, but my buddy got his place raided and I got dropped on Pito and now I am heading for SD to get a new gig."

The ork looked hopeful that his vomiting confession was to your liking.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1206 on: <11-01-15/2155:47> »
O'Connor gave Bacchus a steely glare, "And?" It was clear that the wanna-be ganger, despite his best efforts, was both annoying and boring the gunman.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1207 on: <11-01-15/2324:08> »
Clem motioned to Snow, saying "Run this "Whyte Knight" through your programs and tell me everything I need to know about him, including where to find him." Clem gave an approving nod to O'Connor, telling him to press on.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1208 on: <11-01-15/2358:06> »
Snow nods and puts the name in every browser she can and send the find command.  When the name pops up, she sits down, places her back to the car and slips into Hot Sim to go deeper along the data trails.  The queen's snowy minions race along every matrix line that is exposed, looking for the end point, bringing back every snippet they can find.

[spoiler]First roll for data search:  Search for Whyte Knight: 10d6t5 3[/spoiler]

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1209 on: <11-02-15/0820:58> »
"I'm not sure, but you might be right," Sammy said to Snow, before helping out with the stuff on Bachuss' commlink.  When Clem asked Snow to search for the White knight, she thought about the name, trying to find some things that Snow could use as starting points for a more focussed search.

[spoiler]
I have both horizon media and celebrity gossip.  I'm not sure which one applies, so I'm rolling both.  I hope to get an address and otherwise, anything about him might help.

Sammy:6D6E5 → 1( (2, 2, 4, 6, 3, 1→ 1 success against 5) )#intuition 3 + celebrity gossip 3
Sammy:6D6E5 → 3( (4, 5, 5, 3, 3, 6→ 3 successes against 5) )#logic4 + horizon media 2

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1210 on: <11-02-15/0855:26> »
Bacchus looked from Torley to Con, then back to Torley.  "I never met her personally, but she decided to go partying in one of my voyeur rooms with that new action star, Whyte Night, among others.  Me and the guy I was working with figured she be down for some professional work, but my buddy got his place raided and I got dropped on Pito and now I am heading for SD to get a new gig."

The ork looked hopeful that his vomiting confession was to your liking.

Sam sighed. "I'm afraid you're going to have to do better. Like I said, we know lots of the details. You weren't looking to hire her. Care to try again? Remember, my friend's trigger finger starts to twitch if he gets distracted."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1211 on: <11-02-15/1035:08> »
The bands of minions are scouring the matrix, looking for any information on Whyte Knight.  Some have returned already with reports of failure or perhaps hints of other information, but the larger picture is not yet available.  Snow sends them back out for more.

[spoiler]Second roll for the extended test:  Second roll for gathering information: 9d6t5 2  Total of five hits so far.

Third roll:  Third roll for data: 8d6t5 2  Total of seven hits after three passes.[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1212 on: <11-02-15/2117:41> »
Snow takes a closer look at her first minions to return.  On closer examination they look drunk, or maybe high.  As more of her minions return she realizes that her search parameters had overwhelmed the poor beasties.  Whyte Nyght is EVERYWHERE in the local gridspace, even more than Christy was just a few hours ago, and with good reason.  The man had been assassinated seconds after coming on stage at an event he had been scheduled to appear at.  This had happened less than an hour ago, back in LA, AFTER the team had begun their pursuit of Bacchus.

The graphic nature of the death (the left side of his head had exploded like a grenade in a watermelon  after the bullet hit him in that eye) and that it had happened in front on an worldwide audience and dozens of cameras had flooded the Matrix with imagery and opinion and ‘news’.

Sammy is also getting an insistent buzzing on her commlink as EVERYONE she knows in Hollywood is trying to call her to talk about this.

"And what?  I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!  Okay fine, Christy Daee wasn't on board with doing the videos, but she would have gotten a cut, nobody was trying to rip her off." Bacchus cries in the real world.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1213 on: <11-02-15/2305:03> »
O'Connor rolled his eyes in irritation,"No, you were just trying to blackmail her. And after we ruined your scheme, she ended up dead. How do you think that looks?"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1214 on: <11-02-15/2314:26> »
Snow rallies her minions and brings them home then slips back into the real world after detailing some to remain on the main newscasts to gather information about the assassination.  "Hey guys, Whyte Knight is dead.  Assassinated on stage while we were on the highway after this guy.  Very public, very brutal.  No one claiming responsibility yet and no apparent suspects."  She looks over at Sam and Bacchus.  "Fleeing from us has probably saved your life.  It is likely that you could be killed as well.  You should do more talking if you know anything or anyone that is involved."

Register