NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <07-01-14/1720:06> »
Seeing the man get thrown back from the force of her SMG, a small feeling of satisfaction crept up as Clem was getting out of the van. Wanting to make sure he wasn't going to creep up on her, she looked quickly at him and decided to unload another few bullets in him before moving on to the back.

[spoiler] Just like O'Connor, I will assume getting out of the van will eat up a simple action.

Agility 7 + Firearms 4 - Burst Fire 2 + Gas Vent 2 (11d6.hits(5)=1) just barely out of a glitch :( Narrow Burst.

I'm guessing he is prone, so he should suffer a penalty to his defense rolls anyways.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <07-06-14/1358:13> »
The ganger who cut the cargo strap doesn’t manage to dodge O’Connor’s blast, but takes it like a champ, trying his best to make a run for it.

Clementine’s target does manage to scramble under cover and but loses his weapon in the process.

The target of Sammy’s spell crumples onto Torley’s hood.

The ambush is quickly being routed, all attempts at robbery have ceased, survival of the attackers the only goal.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <07-06-14/1639:28> »
[Round 1, Initiative 13, IP 4 of 4]

O'Connor watched with amusement as the would-be thief tried to flee for his life. He called mockingly after the injured man, "Remember to duck and weave. Run in a serpentine pattern." After chuckling at his own joke, O'Connor took a moment to line up the shot before firing.

[spoiler]
Pistols 4 + Agility 5 + Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 1 = Pool 12
12d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,6,4,2,5,1,1,5,3,5] = (5)
[/spoiler]

[Round 2, Initiative 13, IP 1 of 4]

O'Connor made his way to the rear of the vehicle and looked upon the remaining thieves with fury and disdain, "If any of you want to live past the fraction of a second it'd take me to squeeze this trigger, put that crate back in the van. Now!" He made sure that they all got a good look at the weapon that'd end them in a heartbeat.

[spoiler]
Intimidation 1 + Charisma 2 + Physical 2 + Custom Look 2 = Pool 7
7d6.hits(5) → [2,1,3,2,3,5,6] = (2)
((OOC: I get any bonuses for having splattered one of them?))
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-06-14/1845:25> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <07-07-14/1315:02> »
The brutal display of force is quite successful in convincing the gangers to return the crate to its place.  The attention your actions have attracted is sufficient to keep you from doing any more than putting a serious fear into your unlucky attackers.  Once it is clear that this was nothing but a simple snatch operation, you realize you would be better served getting on your way again, especially once Fionn reports that the vehicle has been returned to your control.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <07-07-14/1508:43> »
At least one thing O'Connor is good for, Sammy thought as they crates were put back in the van.
"Okay, let's go, we're late already," She said over the team link, "Fionn, can you keep an overwatch over the van until we arrive at our location, or let one of your friends do so?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <07-08-14/0828:10> »
Kicking the dropped weapon further away, Clem went to the back of the van in time to hear O'Connor barking orders to the remaining thugs. She stayed there until the crates were properly put back, curious to see if they would be shot after their usefulness was worn out.

Once everything was settled, she put a fresh magazine in her SMG, got back into the driver's seat and drove away, not saying a single word.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #96 on: <07-08-14/0948:25> »
Once his heart rate was on its way back to normal, Sam ruefully eyed the dent in his car's hood. "Damnit, I just had this washed. Hey, Red, if you have a moment, could you talk to the car and make sure nothing important got busted?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <07-08-14/1250:15> »
As you arrive, you see that the base of the Space Needle has been cordoned off. Groups of fans and onlookers have gathered around the area. A small detail of security is waiting as you drive up. Fans scream at you, apparently thinking you guys are some sort of sim stars. Security guards in cleaner-than-normal uniforms request your SIN and clearance. You give them the ID you received from Slade, and they direct you to a place to park.

Most trid directors would go for digital editing and replicas  in their film using the Studios in Studio City, but Ben Howard, also known as “Big Ben,” tries to bring authenticity to the recorded media. He believes that the real thing brings about a different emotional/mental response.

You take the elevator up to the restaurant. After a few moments, the elevator dings and the doors open onto a busy scene. Several field technicians are cleaning, moving items around, and adjusting the lights for the cameras. Big Ben sits at the far end in a troll-sized director’s chair. He spins his traditional baseball cap in his fingers as he talks to some technician about where the cameras should be placed. Close to where Ben sits is none other than Pandora.

Pandora is wearing Zoe’s fashionable red leather jacket and pants with brass buckles, thigh-high black boots, and mirrored shades. She is using her commlink. With her in the booth sits an elven gentleman with a blond ponytail, wearing a gray suit and green tie. He appears to be fielding questions directed at Pandora from various technicians and makeup artists.

After a few moments, Ben sees you with the cases. He gets up from his director’s chair, followed by one of the technicians. “All right! Are these the suits?” says Ben as he approaches. “Open one up. Let’s see if Slade lives up to his word.”

When you open one of the cases, a broad grin comes across Ben’s face. “Nice. Very nice,” he says as he caresses the red armor. “Even has some wear-and-tear dents. Thank Slade for me.” James, the techie following Ben, shows you a section of the room partitioned off with green walls, where you can put the cases.

Behind the walls are the stuntmen who will be wearing the armor. He then shows you an AR-marked place behind Big Ben’s chair, where you can stand to be out of the way. As the stuntmen dress up, Big Ben calls for everybody’s attention.

He lays out the scene: “This is where Jenny Freelance—Pandora over there—meets up with Agent Johnson, who wants to hire her for a job. Suddenly, a unit of Red Samurai busts in to take ‘em out. Lots of cool martial arts in this scene—Jenny wipes out the Red Samurai and accepts the job.”

To you it sounds like a shadowrunner cliche, but hey, your job at this point is to watch Slade’s stuff, not critique the movie.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <07-08-14/1526:38> »
Now she had been working in the real Shadowrunning biz, she had lost a lot of patience with the trid representation of shadowrunning.  But her task here was not to be in a trid, but to guard armours.  She did know what she could and could not do on a film set and in fact, had spent quite some time behind the camera as trid mage.  But first things first, time to put some protection up.
"I'm going to put up some extra protection," she said to the rest of the team, "by getting an air spirit to do some extra guarding."

She went to the back where the armours where and started gesturing, summoning a spirit of air.  The spirit of air appeared on the astral plane and she shifted her vision to there so she could give the order.  On the astral the spirit looked like a reddish whisp of cloud, constantly moving around.
"Guard these objects from the astral," she said while pointing to the armours, "and if anybody other than the people currently present here on this floor approached, warn me."
"Thy will be done, master," the spirit said, before it started moving around the room.

Sammy went back to the others, but made sure she stayed in line of sight to the room so she could use the other service she knew she had in case something went wrong.
"Spirit is in place," she wispered to them, "but better put some others in that room as well, just to be sure."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #99 on: <07-08-14/2105:42> »
O'Connor milled about near the cases, taking in the scene around him. It was busy and hectic, the perfect atmosphere to slip into places you're not welcome. With this apparently being an action movie, a group of thieves could probably waltz in with full loadouts by passing themselves off as extras. He sighed to himself, *Great, probably won't see 'em 'til they make a move. An' with all the collateral damage walking about, I'm gonna have to hold back when the drek hits the fan. Maybe I shoulda bought those baby bullets after all. At least with gel rounds I wouldn't have to reign it in so much. Too late now.* Despite his frustrations, O'Connor did take a bit of time to enjoy the novelty of his current surroundings. He'd never had thought that, at any point in his life, he'd be inside the Needle or on set of an upcoming blockbuster. He was enjoying the movie set bit the most, he couldn't wait to make Darrell jealous over it. The scene sounded by the numbers, but O'Connor watched action movies for the explosions, not inventive scripts.

Once Sammy suggested leaving people with the cases, O'Connor nodded, "I got it covered. We can't know for certain where any thieves will come from, but we damn well know where they'll go. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna be in the wrong spot when the action starts."
« Last Edit: <07-09-14/0152:02> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <07-08-14/2142:42> »
The screaming, the over abundance of fans, the countless support staff... That was exactly what frustrated Clem. She had chosen a life in the shadows partly to avoid this chaos that SINners go through everyday and here she was, amongst them all. When she heard Big Ben's description of the scene, the ork rolled her eyes and went in the back to change the ammunition in her handgun to stick & shock rounds. Next to her, Sammy was doing some magic stuff Clem had no idea about. She decided to take a look around the room where the armour cases were, just out of curiosity.

"I'll go with Con" said the woman, recognizing the logic behind O'Connor's words, but also taking any opportunity to get away from the big crowd.

[spoiler]Perception 4 + Intuition 3 + Perceptive 2 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3 (15d6.hits(5)=3) no glitches[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #101 on: <07-10-14/2104:22> »
Sam left the tactical aspects of security to the others in the group; he knew that he'd just get in the way if he tried to do their jobs. Instead, he started moving around, getting a feel for the people nearby and how this new part of society flowed.

[spoiler]
Etiquette for "fitting in": 13d6.hits(5)=6 (four ones--no glitch)
Perception (visual specialization): 10d6.hits(5)=4, 2d6.hits(5)=1

Basically, Sam's schmoozing. If he can, he'll talk to Pandora or Green Tie, but he's really wanting to get a feel for the crowd, in case he finds someone who feels "off".
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <07-11-14/0429:33> »
Back at the van raid...

"Oh, bloody hell."  The moment Slade's people wouldn't give him root access on the van, he knew something like this was going to happen.  There wasn't any choice but to let everyone else worry about dealing with the grab crew - Fionn had his own problems to deal with; he needed to secure the van to get it moving again and knock the enemy hacker out of the game.  Not gonna get this done fast enough on my own...  Have to take care of the van myself, can't take time to find this guy before he gets blasted...  Gods help me, I think I need the hound.  He braced himself for the pain - this one had a history with harsh exchanges, and generally meted out the same.

Yet the pain never came, and somehow that left him feeling far more ill at ease.  He'd gotten the better of far too many of these bargains of late, and couldn't help but wonder when the other shoe would drop.  All the same, he forced his mind into the present and onto the task at hand.

"I am yours to command for the moment, young one."  The sprite's appearance made the 'young one' comment seem strange - to see it walk down the street, it would seem no older than 16 - but of course its appearance was but one face of this being, the early days of his grand legend.

"Friends and comrades of mine are being set upon by an unseen foe.  I would ask that you seek out this interloper and end his work, while I endeavor to reverse his efforts."  The sprite was worldless in his assent, but he set about his task.  Placing his trust in the otherworldly warrior, he set about his own task - breaking through the van's firewalls was a relatively simple task, and once he was in it was a simple enough matter to slave the vehicle to his wetware, preventing the attacker from doing any further harm without going through him first.  He wasted no time giving the team the all-clear to get moving as soon as possible, though by then a very frustrated warrior was reporting that the "craven wretch" had fled.  Some kid hitting easy targets, probably - far easier a target than they ever should have been.  "Hardly a surprise.  If you could keep watch, guard us against any further threat to our charge, I would be most grateful."

Fionn didn't quite manage to mask his smirk at the cliched scene, but he did manage to mask it as something funny in chatter about the shoot.  He was way out of his element here - last time he saw this much work go into faking something, it was for a psych expriment.  Best thing for him to do would be to stay out of the way, not try to predict the flow of room.

"I'll see what I can do from my side, stay off to the side somewhere."  Fionn made inquiries about getting access to camera feeds for the site, and then found himself a quiet corner to alternate between scanning the crowd for anything out of sorts, and scanning through any data he can get ahold of to try to get advance notice on anything going pear-shaped while the sprite he'd summoned at the smash-and-fail kept watch on the Matrix side.

[spoiler]Compile Rating 6 Paladin Sprite (14d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 12d6.hits(5)=2)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-11-14/0431:04> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: <07-11-14/2304:25> »
SAMMY
You are in the middle of making your preparations when you are roughly grabbed and spun around and pulled into a bone crushing hug. “What are you doing here sweetie!  I haven’t seen in an AGE!”  The troll who has you holds you at arm’s length and you realize both who this is and how she knew you.

Minnie Maxx is one of the unsung legends of trideo productions; she has been around FOREVER and has worked with every serious talent that was not a human or an elf, making good use of a minor magical talent for bio-awareness.  Her work on body image and sculpture for the “less attractive” races brought her wide acclaim.  Nowadays she works in a supervisory capacity, but Sam was one of her “successes” after working with her on “Up The Well”.

“Samantha I didn’t see you on the casting list, how are you here?  Wait, those clothes, dearie are you doing manual labor!?!?!?” Minnie looks horrified at the thought.

TORLEY
You easily manage to find your groove, Hollywood types are known to be the shallowest of the shallow, as long as you understand that everyone walks the razor’s edge of fitting in, you are fine.  You are working your way through room and manage to verify that everyone is who they seem to be.  You manage to infiltrate the orbit of Green Tie, whose real name is Richard Fermin, though not for long as when he sees you and notes your clothing he quickly dismisses you with a drink and snack order from the Craft Services table.

REST OF THE PARTY
Once the initial discomfort of the stuntmen not wanting to dress in from of Clementine is dealt with/ignored, you quickly find yourself feeling, for the most part, like you are constantly in someone’s way.  Everything you stand in front of or sit on seems to be someone’s immediate focus that they have to get to or do something with.  Fionn especially, since he is out on the main set, can find anywhere to take a minute and focus on his task.  This goes on for the better part of an hour as the sets and lights are made ready.
« Last Edit: <07-12-14/0117:42> by Crossbow »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <07-11-14/2339:55> »
O'Connor started off vigilant, standing at his post, ready to blow away anybody that came into the room. But not long into it, he paced about the room, stopped to sit on one of the cases, fidgeted for awhile, then started over with more pacing. He was worse at sitting still than a fussy toddler on a sugar high. He was even worse at waiting for trouble than going out and finding/starting it.

He was getting restless and the small handful of brain cells that could provide cool, measured, thoughts told him to calm down. At this rate, he wasn't going to hold back when the drek hit the fan. He turned to Clem as a source of distraction, "Hey Clem, lemme ask ya somethin'. As a mundy, do spirits give ya the willies?"

He also sent a text to Torely, ~Hey, good job with those thieves. Didn't think I'd ever owe ya one after a scrap. For the hood, I'll cover a 1/3.~
« Last Edit: <07-11-14/2345:46> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Register