NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1425 on: <03-02-16/2244:35> »
O'Conner's wide spray of ammunition hits the drone, doing damage, but not disabling it, meanwhile, people taking cover nearby give new voice to their screams as the fire shatters glass and punctures tires on both sides of the street.

Drone dodge resist: 1d6t5 0 10d6t5 5

The spirit ignores the hit and turns toward Sammy, making it's own attack.

Spirit resist: 5d6t5 3

Spirit bolt attack on Sammy: 13d6t5 4

Upstairs, Torley begins working his way down the row on the third floor. A quick peek through windows shows people hiding, or empty rooms.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1426 on: <03-05-16/1141:48> »
Sammy knew she would get the spirit's attention, but she had rather hoped it wasn't as much attention.  The only thing that could be said about it was that the cold actually froze the ruptured blood vessels close and that while she wasn't the strongest of Orks, she still had a very good constitution.  But it hurt nevertheless.

[spoiler]
dodge:
dodge (default reaction): 3d6t5 1
so that's 8P coming in.

soak:
body 4 + half impact 3 =7: 7d6t5 5
So I take 3P.

I think everybody has been for their first IP, so back up to Clem for the second one.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1427 on: <03-08-16/2058:48> »
As Clem and Snow rush the door, things go quickly pear-shaped.  A shot rings out, the sniper finally revealing himself as he fires at the oriental ork.

[spoiler]Sniper attack on Clem: 16d6t5 4

Perception rolls for anyone looking for the sniper.[/spoiler]

Right after that, the door to the room they were heading for opens and a man staggers from the room, blood streaming from a gash on the side of his head and wearing a blood splattered blue long coat bearing the scrawl “Merlyn’s…P-something” .  “FRAG YOU ABEL!!!  I know your bugs and I know your van, you up-jumped Jersey hitchhiker, BURN IN HELLL!!!”

He rains a HUGE fireball down on a white van in the lot, catching O’Conner and a LOT of civilians in the area of effect.

[spoiler]Fireball cast and resist: 10d6t5 5 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

He slumps into the rail as he is hammered by drain.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1428 on: <03-08-16/2119:29> »
Snow looks over at Clem to see if the woman is hit then scans the area for the shooter.  "You alright omae?  I am following your lead on this."

[spoiler]Perception:  Perception: 6d6t5 3[/spoiler]
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1429 on: <03-09-16/0140:44> »
It was clear that on her own she wouldn't be able to take out the enemy spirit.  And as soon as a fireball was thrown into the crowd, she knew she had to be fast.
"Take down that spirit," she said to her own spirit, before throwing another stunbolt at it for good measure

[spoiler]
free action: give command to my spirit

force 9 stunbolt.
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 -2CM=9: 9d6t5 2

drain 3:
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 -2CM =7: 7d6t5 3
no drain

spirit can roll willpower against.
DV is 9+ net hits.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1430 on: <03-09-16/0734:50> »
Clem, seeing the glint of something reflected in the distance, cartwheeled for cover as she heard a gunshot that was most definitely aimed at her. The adrenaline rushing through her veins, she had just enough time to have a quick look and try to figure out where her attacker was shooting from.

[spoiler]Decided to make it seem like she had a reason to dodge that sniper's attack, only for flair though. Full Defence ~ Reaction 7 + Athletics 2: 9d6t5 5 No glitches.

Next is Clem's perception roll to see where this sniper is. Sniper Perception ~ Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Perceptive 1 + Reception Enhancer 2 +  Vision Enhancement 3: 13d6t5 5 No glitches.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1431 on: <03-09-16/0904:57> »
Snow follows Clem into the room and looks around pistol at the ready.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1432 on: <03-09-16/2050:45> »
Clementine's instinctual reaction to the muzzle flash saves her, and it takes a second to register that the sniper is hidden on the corner of the 3rd floor roof across the street.  As she and Snow take cover in the recently vacates illegal's room, She also notes Torley, reacting violently to the loud shot and falling on his ass.  His look of bewilderment would be funny if the situation weren't so dire, he is clearly going to be of little help as he looks everywhere but where she spotted her attacker.

The wind whips through the area with almost hurricane force as the two strong air spirits do battle.  Debris is flying and howls of the flames and the injured threaten to damage eardrums.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1433 on: <03-09-16/2323:17> »
Snow looks over to Clem, her face a mask or horror.  "We have to help those poor people down there.  What's our play?  The mage is here and the sniper is where he can see us as we leave the room, but his sighting is spotty.  If you can drag the mage into the room, I can sedate him."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1434 on: <03-10-16/0144:26> »
O'Connor was so focused on the drone that he never saw the fireball coming. The flames engulfed him and he was tossed to the ground by the blast. The fact that the flames didn't feel hot, and that his body actually felt cold told him how bad it was. Before he could focus on it, the shock told hold and he lost consciousness. He was lucky that there were two air spirits dueling, the buffeting winds put out the flames that still clung to his clothes, and in some places, his flesh.

[spoiler]
Spell Resist
Body 4
Spell Resist: 4d6t5 3

Fire Damage Resist
Body 4 + 1/2 Impact 3 = Pool 7
Fire Damage Resist: 7d6t5 1

Force 9 + 2 net hit - 1 soak = 10P Damage

Three boxes of overflow
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-10-16/0154:25> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1435 on: <03-10-16/1216:50> »
Snow fops down in the door fore cover and shoots at the mage. 

[spoiler]Shoot the mage.  11d6 - 2 for cover: 9d6t5 3

Second shot: 9d6t5 4[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1436 on: <03-10-16/2126:13> »
The mage tries to move out of the line of fire, but the second shot causes his grip on the rail to slip and he lies still in a quickly growing pool of blood.

(3rd passes)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1437 on: <03-13-16/1914:50> »

Snow looks over at Clem as the mage in the hallway bleeds out.  She does a quick scan for the opponents' tags.  "What is our play?  Some of those people down there will need some help, but I am backing whatever you say.  It appears that the mage is down and we know the location of the sniper.  The tag for the rigger has disappeared."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1438 on: <03-13-16/2058:57> »
"Make sure that mage is down, I'll take care of the sniper" said Clem as she took a shot at their attacker with her firearm.

[spoiler]First Shot ~ Agility 7 + Firearms 4: 11d6t5 4 no glitches. Since she sees the mage is down, Clem will shoot her stick and shock ammo.
« Last Edit: <03-13-16/2102:39> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1439 on: <03-14-16/0136:13> »
When Clem opens fire on the sniper, Snow leaves the room and runs for the cover of the stairwell.