NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1215 on: <11-03-15/0457:42> »
Clem frowns at the turn of event. She knew that meant they would be required back in LA very soon, and would be pressed for results. She didn't want to ruin the moment, in case Bacchus felt even more compelled to reveal things, but she knew they had to leave soon.

Unsheathing her sword, she got closer to Bacchus and said, in a calm voice, "Tell us everything now, I am growing tired of this."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1216 on: <11-03-15/0850:12> »
Sammy took the calls from Melissa, Jenny and anybody important connected to their current run, and let all the others go to voicemail.  She kept her responses quite minimal, expressing concern, but including she didn't know what was going on (technically not a lie).  She also went a bit away from the group so that the people she was talking to on the commlink couldn't hear what the others were saying and vice-versa.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1217 on: <11-03-15/2144:55> »
"I'M TELLING YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW!!  I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!" Bacchus is doing everything possible to move away, bound up and limited as his movement is.  "I am a nobody!  I didn't even come up with the voyeur scam, that was Patterson!  I just did the grunt work!  The Puebs busted Steve after the Club got shot up this morning, I got no job, no crew, Horizon dumped me so I got no show and no Pito, they don't even want me for their field tests any more. I am NOBODY!  I am not a killer!  I saw Christy ONE TIME to deliver Patterson's terms, THAT'S IT!"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1218 on: <11-03-15/2344:24> »
Snow remains silent, letting the others question Bacchus.  Certainly they will ask about this Patterson.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1219 on: <11-04-15/1017:44> »
Clem turned around to look at Snow and asked her "Do you have a commcode or an address for this Patterson, or do I have to continue listening to his annoying voice?" The ork hoped Snow could find something to work with on Bacchus' commlink so they could head back to town.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1220 on: <11-04-15/1433:09> »
Sam smiled reassuringly. "See, now you're starting to tell us some interesting stuff. That sort of behavior is always nice. You delivered Patterson's terms--how did you know where to find her? And if you're not Patterson's hatchet man, who is?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1221 on: <11-04-15/2015:03> »
When Snow takes another look at Bacchus commlink, without the pressure of the chase, she notes something.  It takes a second to confirm her suspicion but there is no question, he has the same virus, in a much more advanced form, that she and her friends back in the studio found in their links.

The infection is such that there is essentially a warning sign on Bacchus public profile warning people that he is an 'undesirable', what ever that means.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1222 on: <11-04-15/2028:15> »
O'Connor gave a frustrated growl, "This is useless. It's obvious this sniveling coward already told us everything he knows." He motioned for Clem and Torley to move away from Bacchus. He then aimed his machine pistol at the goatman's prized legs, "By the way, Leo wishes you luck in San Diego." He then pulled the trigger. After which he gave his team a look that could be translated to, Roll with it.

[spoiler=Long Burst]
Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Take Aim 1 - Recoil 1 - Poor Lighting 2 = Pool 7
Automatics: 7d6t5 2
Narrow Burst: +5 to DV
Ares Crusader 4P + Explosive Rouns 1P + Narrow Burst 5P + Hits 2P - Defense = Total 12P - Defense
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-04-15/2048:27> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1223 on: <11-04-15/2126:36> »
The burst of gunfire completely separates his right leg just above the knee and leaves left knee materially connected but mechanically useless as the hoof is now next to the man's armpit.  After a strangled scream, the ork quickly goes into shock, eyes wide and staring at nothing, body on the pavement and drooling.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1224 on: <11-04-15/2230:07> »
Snow reacts to the gunshots by grabbing the medkit she had brought from the car and jumping to the downed man.  She recognizes the effect of shock and sets to work to counter ii, for shock can kill a person as dead as a bullet to the brain.  Additionally, there is some trauma from the effects of the explosive rounds and she needs to care for that as well.  Once Bacchus is stabilized and not in direct danger, Snow digs some bandages from the kit and wraps them around the man's legs to stop the blood flow. 

[spoiler]First Aid for Bacchus:  First Aid for Bacchus with edge for misses.: 18d6t5 3[/spoiler]

While the man is unconscious, Snow uses some of the tools in the kit to finish the job Con had begun.  Bacchus would never walk on these cyber limbs again and some of the ware and its connections were still attached and could bring further harm to the man if not removed.  The work site is far from optimal, but she does the best she can and finally removes the more dangerous parts of the legs.  Sparing a glance at Con, she says, "Come on.......explosive rounds?  A bit extreme I should think.  Still, it was effective.  Did Leo really tell you to blow his legs off?""

« Last Edit: <11-05-15/0147:18> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1225 on: <11-05-15/0211:42> »
Sammy was just on the phone when O'Conner started shooting.
"I gotta go, call you back," she said to the person at the other side.  By the time she arrived, Snow was already working on Bacchus. 

"What the hell is wrong with you," she shouted to O'Conner, "shooting people while they are attacking you, sure, but if they are defenseless on the ground?  Are you insane.  Don't answer that, it's rhetorical."
Next she looked up to see if there were any camera drones close by.

[spoiler]
looking for camera drones
Sammy:10D6E5 → 5( (3, 6, 2, 6, 5, 6, 3, 1, 1, 6→ 5 successes against 5) )#intuition 3 + perception 2 + vision enhancers 2 + active looking 3

if they are there, I'll probably see them.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1226 on: <11-05-15/0229:24> »
O'Connor flashed Snow his trademark wolfish grin, "I'll explain on the way back." The ork was most likely out cold, but to be safe he wouldn't spill the beans here. He then turned his smile onto Sammy, but also gave her a pointed look, harkening back to their earlier conversation. Once Snow finished her work, O'Connor dragged the former goatman back into his car. If the visual wasn't so grim, it would've been funny to watch the slim man struggle with half an ork that still outweighed him by at least 25 kg. After finally getting Bacchus back into the vehicle, he gave it a once over for anything interesting to nab. After finishing his pilfering and wiping away any fingerprints, he told Snow, "Park the car on the shoulder and turn on the hazards." He then grabbed the separated legs and tossed them over the side of the freeway into the waters below. With his business concluded O'Connor made his way back to their sedan, a self-satisfied smile on his face.

[spoiler=Perception]
Intuition 3 + Perception 3 + Visual 2 - Poor Lighting 2 = Pool 6
Perception (Visual): 6d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-05-15/1810:03> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1227 on: <11-05-15/1818:16> »
This far from LA, there is not much to find, no drones certainly.  Bacchus' vehicle also shows nothing of note. Nothing much to do except head back, unless you are planning to invade Aztlan.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1228 on: <11-06-15/2134:01> »
Sam wasn't pleased with the carnage, especially given how close he'd been to Bacchus when the shots were fired, but he knew than to complain to Connor. While Snow and Con dealt with the unconscious ork, he simply stretched and headed back to the car.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1229 on: <11-06-15/2317:09> »
After making sure the situation wasn't going to deteriorate any further, Clem simply gave O'Connor a disapproving head shake. She didn't mind teaching Bacchus a lesson, but removing his legs was beyond a lesson; it was the kind of stuff that people seek revenge for. "Make sure we can safely leave him here" said the ork to Snow, motioning for everyone else to get back to the car.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix