NEWS

Nartaki, Shiva Arms, Ambidexterious and You!

• 73 Replies

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <11-30-10/0255:14> »
So Yes it can be done oh joy for me now if only I could see the logic in doing so?HuhHuh??
I wonder the same.  Why bother if you won't hit anything anyway?  Oh well.
1) Teamwork with your Buddy with the Big Gun
You whizzle down the Enemies REA/Dodgepool and your Buddy makes the shot that counts
2) 4 MGL6 Grenny Pistols & 4 Arms(My own Char, 6 Arms would be even Worser) & 3 IPs = Statement that I'm pissed (well the Enemies Underpants too)
3)main reason Versatality : 2Arms with Guns and 2 Arms with Knifes =Allways dressed right for a "Party"

with the right Dance at the right Party
 Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #46 on: <11-30-10/0446:03> »
And imagine that recoil reduction for your custom made multi-grip. Just make a high-Body six-armed heavy-machine-gunner...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <11-30-10/0448:05> »
A person with four arms is in trouble but six is just silly. I'm suprised the GM allowed a changling who then surged even more odd. The social negatives must be getting nasty
Why on earth would the social negatives be any worse for someone having 6 arms compared to the 4 armed guy. ???

combination of social negatives for being a changling and also surged. both have problems and its nver said they dont stack. If your a freak thats one thing but a super freak is something else
So pure rules think, well each his own, but i find the following line of thinking just totally hilarious and more then little retarded.
"That four armed guy, yeah he's okey, but that six armed dude there, now that's a total freak."

You can find it how you like but leave the retarded crap out whats the point in just being rude.

The point I was trying to make was social modifiers stack and a negative for being one thing doesnt mean you ignore a negative for something seperate you might not agree but thats the point of opinions everyone has one
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Nobunaga

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <11-30-10/0455:50> »
A person with four arms is in trouble but six is just silly. I'm suprised the GM allowed a changling who then surged even more odd. The social negatives must be getting nasty
Why on earth would the social negatives be any worse for someone having 6 arms compared to the 4 armed guy. ???

combination of social negatives for being a changling and also surged. both have problems and its nver said they dont stack. If your a freak thats one thing but a super freak is something else
So pure rules think, well each his own, but i find the following line of thinking just totally hilarious and more then little retarded.
"That four armed guy, yeah he's okey, but that six armed dude there, now that's a total freak."

You can find it how you like but leave the retarded crap out whats the point in just being rude.

The point I was trying to make was social modifiers stack and a negative for being one thing doesnt mean you ignore a negative for something seperate you might not agree but thats the point of opinions everyone has one

If I may good sirs... this game is about overcoming those social disadvantages, finding acceptance and of course, blowing stuff up along the way. My wife is the best roleplayer we have at the table and she wanted a real honest challenge and has taken it upon herself to play such a blatantly obvious character. She WAS originally going to play a bug-shaped SURGE but after a half hour of arguing she decided to go with a spider-like feel by using a six armed Nartiki.

There really is no need for all this insulting and arguing here, we all play the same game, no reason we all can't be civil here.

I do wonder however, I've seen both sides of the argument, here in the forums and outside of it. I understand how both can feel the way they do about this rule. I don't suppose there's anyway to get an "Official" ruling on it somehow? Or someone finding something already printed in an errata or source material? I know I've looked myself but still I thought I'd ask.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <11-30-10/0527:51> »
The odds of a final decision is very unlikely, hell the developers cant even agree between the books and the faq in some instances. Do what ever feels right for your game. I applaud the role play idea I just sit in the camp that a metavariant has disticntive style negatives as a automatic and surge also has distinctive style modifiers as a negative the two not being mutualy exclusive and as such a larger negative together then idividualy. Now from a mechanics point of view that might seem heavy handed but then so is playing a six armed person in a world where even the odder people generally only have two. In my mind the social aspect is the far more difficult issue then how many dominant hands you get.

All things though revolve around how you or your gm (I forget if your both) want the game to go, if you want the game to be social light and combat heavy then you will have different considerations on what is or is not a issue in character.
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Unisus

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <11-30-10/1536:05> »
Ok, nothing from the RAW, but simply thoughts of what would be logic: the main hand is normally the one doing the complicated tasks becouse it´s getting the main attention from the brain. So it would be logic to say there´s one main hand and all others are off hands. If you went for the "each pair" thing, the main hand of each pair would be at the same side, as main and off hand are partly defined by the dominant half of the brain. This way oneambidextrous quality would be enough for all pairs, but that is explicitely denied. So it seems to me that the "one main hand - all other off hands" would be more fitting.

I personally would go for the 5x ambidextrous quality, but depending on the char (and the player, if i know him) would give RP-boni on the BP, so i would not have to deal with a six-handed killing machine just becouse i allowed a flair thing.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <11-30-10/1606:26> »
This way oneambidextrous quality would be enough for all pairs,

wellllll, No !
1 Ambidexterity per pair of Arms not for all Arms
Why do You think that one Ambidextrous is for all pair of Arms ?

and yes If your right Handed all your right Arms/hands should be dominant

with a dominant Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #52 on: <11-30-10/1617:59> »

wellllll, No !

with a dominant Dance
Medicineman
The question is, if you have multiple sets of arms, would you have that one hand that you prefer over others -- signing checks, shaking hands, etc. or do you feel that all your right/left hands would be equal in this regard?

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #53 on: <11-30-10/1635:37> »
IMHO the one per pair of arms rule is a good compromise. Between every extra arm + your normal off-hand or one time taking Ambidexterity.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #54 on: <11-30-10/1637:33> »
If you want to screw with the player, you could make him roll a d6 for each extra arm.  If it's a hit, the hand's dominant.  No Edge allowed.  ;D

Unisus

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <11-30-10/1638:38> »

wellllll, No !

with a dominant Dance
Medicineman

Why i would think so? If the dominant hand is not one hand of all which is used the most, it comes down to the dominant hand is the one linked with the dominant brain half - in case of more than one pair of hands this would give one dominant hand per pair - and also make all off hands second main hands the moment you are ambidextrous. In this case it would make more sense not to buy the ambidextrous quality once per off hand, but increase the cost of this quality with the number of arm pairs.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #56 on: <11-30-10/1651:56> »
Why i would think so? If the dominant hand is not one hand of all which is used the most, it comes down to the dominant hand is the one linked with the dominant brain half - in case of more than one pair of hands this would give one dominant hand per pair - and also make all off hands second main hands the moment you are ambidextrous. In this case it would make more sense not to buy the ambidextrous quality once per off hand, but increase the cost of this quality with the number of arm pairs.

If you wonder how he eats and breathes
and other science facts
repeat to yourself "its just a show"
so sit back and relax.
-MST 3K

In other words, if you're justifying an Edge's cost based on theoretical neurophysics, you're probably over analyzing it. Since vertebrates don't have 6+ limbs any speculation on how one would operate are just that, speculation.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #57 on: <11-30-10/1653:25> »
A little side-ball, common humans have not only a strong and a weak hand (off-hand), no it is with all pairs of limbs alike. Meaning: We also have a off-leg, every sportsman knows. ;)
That could be a reasoning argument for our one per pair argument, or isn't it?

@Nomad Zophiel
Agreed! But in my case it, is only about the rule interpretation and their following BP costs.
« Last Edit: <11-30-10/1659:51> by Ultra Violet »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #58 on: <11-30-10/1656:38> »
A little side-ball, common humans have not only a strong and a weak hand (off-hand), no it is with all pairs of limbs alike. Meaning: We also have a off-leg, every sportsman knows. ;)
That could be a reasoning argument for our one per pair argument, or isn't it?
Not really. Since my main hand is righty, but my main leg is lefty...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #59 on: <11-30-10/1658:07> »
Not really. Since my main hand is righty, but my main leg is lefty...
That's called "mixed dominance" and it's fairly common.

Register