NEWS

Firing Line questions

• 5 Replies

Sentient Bean

• Newb
« on: <04-21-14/0611:49> »
Hi there,

I've been reading through Firing Line and as a newb GM I've been looking for info like Host ratings and more specific information on devices and general site layout.  Am I missing something or are these details that the GM would be expected to create/work out on the fly in the convention setting that the Missions in Firing Line originated?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <04-21-14/0628:42> »
The missions are from SR4, and were converted before all of SR5 was final. You'd have to grab some ratings from the core book probably. What Missions do you have problems with?

(By the way, the Missions forum is a better place for these kind of questions.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Sentient Bean

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-21-14/0651:48> »
Thanks Michael  :)

Deconstructing Patriots. Not much info on Olympus Heights in terms of hosts, spider, devices, floor plan.  I assume that this detail is up to the GM in Shadowrun modules?   I could be missing something obvious, though!   ::)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <04-21-14/0704:58> »
Since no Spider is stated, I'd assume there's no spider observing the system. Now given how the only ways in are from inside the building or through a direct connection (from the park), the Host rating can easily be avoided if the team does it smart through direct connections. This is described on page 27, if the runners get in through that, they won't ever have to face the Host's rating.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Sentient Bean

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-21-14/0708:03> »
Ah!  Thank you.  8)

Sentient Bean

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-17-14/0657:33> »
Well, looks like they wont have to worry about it at all as they pulled the totally unexpected and the face coughed up the cash for the passcodes and KE scheduler, etc!   :o

It's created great role playing.   :D