NEWS

( IC ) Neverland

  • 401 Replies
  • 43013 Views

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #15 on: <04-27-14/1153:37> »
One of the wait staff, a human male comes up to you and places a crystalline glass with water in front of you on beaded coaster. "Are you ready to order sir? Or would you like to see today's specials?"

Thought  
Speech
Matrix 
Astral
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #16 on: <04-27-14/1255:20> »
The reply came through as Derren had finished unloading the shopping back home.
Thank fuck for that... didn't want to have to lug the big guns down to that end of town..
Deciding discretion was the better part of valour, Derren kicked the kitchen rug away and pulled up the hatch to the small basement, flicking on the bare energy efficient bulb to cast a weak light over his weapon racks.
The light had increased in strength by the time he'd descended the ladder and he reviewed what he'd need for the meet later.
Nothing too flashy, nothing too heavy.
He grabbed his bowie knife and concealable sheath and a streetline from his pistol rack, hand hovering over one of his trusty fichetti's.
It's just a meet, in a nice part of town.. You wont need her.
He got as far as the ladder before doubling back; grabbing the fichetti, a full spare clip and the arm slide it was clipped into.
My team? I haven't got a fucking team...
Secreting the weapons about his person, he changes into some slightly smarter clothes and pulls his long coat on over the top.
There's no way I can get that SiN off his 'link without a decker. Wonder if he's got the wrong bloody number?..
Derren pushes the door to the apartment shut, kicking the accumulated RFID advertising spam away from the letterbox and hit each of the three door locks in order.
He crossed the underground parking lot, dodging the drips from the ancient and unmaintained pipework and climbed into the little commuter car, once again firing up the AR display and pulling into traffic.
Glad to leave the damp stink of the parking lot behind him as the weak sunshine hit his arm through the window, he knew this meet was going to be weird. For one thing, he was gonna end up there solo at this rate. And without either a deck or a means to use one.
Mentally opening a message terminal, he weighed up his options. The only decent decker he really knew of was an old acquaintance from his days in the forces. He knew he'd fallen into the shadows, but it was just as likely that he'd be on the opposing team; if that wasn't just some bullshit ruse to hurry things along of course..
//<<Matrix Message protocol:: James>>//Hey buddy. I know its a longshot, but you're the best decker I know. Any chance you've had a cryptic job offer today?//

Waiting on the reply whilst stuck in traffic, he drummed his fingers on the steering gear; somewhat analogous to old-style airplane controls.
If we get this job we'll need a mojo-slinger. Any target worth his bread is gonna have some kind of mojo to deal with...
//<<Matrix Message protocol:: Tobias>>//Hoi chummer, look I know its been a long time since our paths last crossed pal, but I was wondering.. where you at nowadays? you still playing the game? hit me up if you're anywhere near Seattle. Might just have some work for you, details are sketchy at the mo though.//
« Last Edit: <04-28-14/1211:08> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2248
    • Triskavanski's house Rules
« Reply #17 on: <04-27-14/1327:04> »
Quote
Sprite Resistance Check: 6d6t5 2
Compile Successful, 3 tasks. Starting OS

The Professor smiles a bit as a small book appears floating in midair, flickering lightly as the matrix doesn't seem to quite like it. He opens his mouth, just as he does, a message appears floating in his vision. "Ah mail, I like mail." he remarks to himself, opening it up to read its contents. "Good, jobs. Jobs are good. "

//compose message + Audio: Jaaaaames! Hows my favorite gunner? You need a group? I've got numbers, contacts, and such. I know a guy who does the most wonderful Indiana Jones impersonation. I'm in on it!
//send message: James
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Celtibero

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 430
« Reply #18 on: <04-27-14/2003:49> »
not bothering to take his black shades James slightly turns his head towards the waiter Not now, ill look at the menu ARO, still waiting for someone.

And we have a message and another one... Jesus...crawling out of the woodwork are we?


Darren... yes i remember him... Cryptic message? what are you buddy... a medium?

//compose message: Back in town Sir? you should get out more often if i am the best decker you know sir. Going into the paranormal business, medium maybe Sir? yes i did. Soycaf bar on 3rd and Martin?
//send message: Darren

//Compose message: fast response, Soycaf bar 3rd and Martin. as soon as you can, yesterday would be fine. who's this Jones from Indiana?
//send message: The Professor


Ok now... back to business

http://orokos.com/roll/186711 1 hit -» matrix perception (the grid he´s using)
http://orokos.com/roll/186718 1hit -» matrix perception (last matrix action performed and when)
« Last Edit: <04-27-14/2011:53> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Triskavanski

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2248
    • Triskavanski's house Rules
« Reply #19 on: <04-27-14/2152:49> »
//Compose message: fast response, Soycaf bar 3rd and Martin. as soon as you can, yesterday would be fine. who's this Jones from Indiana?
//send message: The Professor[/color]

The professor hails a cab from the matrix, moving down to the steets. While waiting for the taxi he begins sending another message.


//Compose message: Of course, I'm always right on time. Even when I'm  late. Indiana Jones is an old Trid from before the thingy. Which reminds me, I know a face. A Jack, not a Jack Harkins, but he's close enough. We met at one time, and he likes me thingy. What information do you have?
//send message: James


And with that he gets into the cab, using the matrix to look around that area to begin with.
« Last Edit: <04-27-14/2325:45> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #20 on: <04-28-14/0007:34> »
@ Celtibero With the number of hits you're able to tell it's global grid and the last action was a message out to a number. Wait, you recognize that number. Not surprising though, it's the comm-code you just got from Derren.
« Last Edit: <04-28-14/0725:04> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <04-28-14/1213:34> »
Thank fuck for that...

<<Reply:: James>>//Yeah, been attending them psychic nights every Wednesday Ha! No, in all seriousness it was the longest longshot I had. You got a crew together already? My invite was a little presumptuous about my "team"...//
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Celtibero

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 430
« Reply #22 on: <04-28-14/1239:18> »
After dealing with the waiter James casually gets up from his table, looking around he moves to the rest room area now i just need some peace and quiet and the back to a wall... bloody hell... new message. The new message from the Professor flashing in James AR embedded cybereyes display.

in quick succession another message comes through This one needs to bee answered, stopping by the restroom door James quickly composes the return message to darren

//compose message: No clue about who´s on who´s team, might as well work with you sir, talked with a  fellow that's savvy with machines, on his way to the caffe, Johnson last message was to you, so he/she contacted us both.
//send message: Darren


entering the restrooms James quickly scans his surroundings looking anything suspicious or out of place

http://orokos.com/roll/187133 2 hits
« Last Edit: <04-28-14/1241:15> by Celtibero »
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #23 on: <04-28-14/1304:26> »
@ Celtibero On the way to the restrooms you pass the fading hint of a very expensive perfume. You had a date once, well if you can call it that, with a woman who traveled in far swankier circles than you're able to afford. She wore it. When you'd complimented her she'd smiled and just said, "It's Haley's Passion." Like that was supposed to mean something to you. Most of her conversation had been like that. Full of references to stuff as if you were supposed to know. You'd looked up the stuff quickly as she'd mention it and referenced it, and that particular one. Haley's Passion, a parfum for 5,000 nuyen an ounce had let you know right away she was not your kinda girl. But, better to put your mind back on business. The smell disappeared the moment you entered the men's room. The décor was turn of the millennium European style, complete with waterfall against the backwall. As you look around the place is clean. Looking very carefully you spot a very small and very discrete spy-cam made to look like one of the tile carbuncles. The way it's set into the wall makes you think it's a security cam for the business. But it's placed at a very good angle for viewing most of the traffic in & out.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Celtibero

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 430
« Reply #24 on: <04-28-14/1318:27> »
Cam... nice... well let them figure i am just taking a dump Opening one of the stalls James makes himself confortble on the toilet seat, closing the door and locking ithe checks the deck configuration again here goes nothing switching to VR the world fades away, the jump into the matrix almost seamlessly, dots, icons and data... funny place really... james thought as the virtual landscape replaced the real world view, his sense enhanced by the speed of thought and his meat body limp in the bathroom stall, let's make this quick shall we?

//set grid hop
//destination: Global network

//Icon search started
James started keeping an eye out ofr anyone with a device entering the restroom, just in case...

Better keep an eye out for incoming people into the restroom


http://orokos.com/roll/187146 2 hits grid hop Vs 6 dice
http://orokos.com/roll/187147 1 hit Matrix perception roll
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #25 on: <04-28-14/1411:50> »
@ Celtibero. The world changes around you as you enter the grid. A world far more personal and elegant and sleazy and dangerous and casually uncaring. Persoanl icons and businesses begin appearing all around you. Funny and silly and businesslike and elegant. More personal than a smile and more informative than a blog you can learn more here in a minute than in a week of knowing someone.  Above you when you look for it you can see the global grid. To your eyes it's a metroplex whose highways are traveling at the speed of light. You pause a moment to gather yourself and jump onto one of those lanes. You feel yourself try to connect and are thrown back. Drek, missed it.
« Last Edit: <04-28-14/1415:31> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Celtibero

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 430
« Reply #26 on: <04-28-14/1759:07> »
i really hate when that happens.. ok one more time before i loose patience, damn grid and damn Megas Thought James as soon as the grid spat him back to the public one.

http://orokos.com/roll/187257 2 hits on grid hop -» hack on the fly
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #27 on: <04-28-14/1809:58> »
Today may not be your day. This time you nearly get hit by one of the lightning streaks you tried to hop onto in the grid. Ofc, it's not really like that, just a handy mental reference for hopping on, but still, you're not definitely not in.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Celtibero

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 430
« Reply #28 on: <04-28-14/1815:10> »
Oh for... God damn it... calm down breath deep and refocus...drek!

//safety override protocol: activate hot-sim

Loosing his temper James de-activated the safety net on his DNI, it was risky but that would give him an extra edge, as the safety protocols dissipated his brain meshed with the matrix in real time

//set grid hop
//destination: Global network


Here we go you bastard

http://orokos.com/roll/187267 8 hits
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #29 on: <04-28-14/1820:11> »
You're in total control. Your brain is free. It's a rush like nothing else you've ever felt every time you do this. You grab that lightning ball of info and you own it.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.