NEWS

What ever happened to the tribes?

• 2 Replies

GuiltySpark

• Newb
« on: <01-02-14/2232:16> »
Something i have not reallybeen able to trackdown in the sourcebooks is what happened to the otaku tribe after crash 2.0. i mean they were legit tribes with social structure and the like, did they all just disband after the crash? seems unlikely, or did they stick together, fading or no? they are described as novahot deckers even before they meet the deep resonance, so it seems to me they would stick together and become hacker tribes. i mean their otaku abilities may have been lost to fading but the familial ties they had with their tribes did not.

this brings up other questions, before the crash what happened to a otaku's place in a tribe once he/she had succumbed to fading? kicked out? relegated to train new tribe members to use tortoises, terminals and decks? what happened? i would also be interested to know what the numbers are regarding how many otaku emerging as technomancers.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <01-02-14/2235:11> »
Some became Technomancers, some lost their ability and fanned out, some just melded into Urban Tribes via the new Wireless Matrix, some were caught by Child Services, and the rest...

I hear MCT has a very nice garden that they live in.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <01-02-14/2343:25> »
Lots of Otaku were killed in the purge done by Pax and Deus. Those 2 literally had wetworkers scowering out the known tribes and Otaku prior to Deus' big entrance at the Novatech IPO...

How many became technomancers, or even survived the purge by Pax/Deus is unclear and will probably never be known.

Only thing for sure is the Otaku are gone..... and probably mot coming back.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.