NEWS

Spirits too powerful?

• 96 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <10-21-13/1422:45> »
Actually a slower edge refresh rate makes high Edge more valuable not less. In a rapid refresh rate scenario spending habits of characters with 3-4 Edge will more closely resemble those of 5-6 Edge characters than in a slow refresh scenario.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <10-21-13/1427:52> »
Actually a slower edge refresh rate makes high Edge more valuable not less. In a rapid refresh rate scenario spending habits of characters with 3-4 Edge will more closely resemble those of 5-6 Edge characters than in a slow refresh scenario.

No, no, no. A slow refresh rate decreases the usefulness of Edge across the board (except maybe the whole Mr. Lucky thing). The slower the refresh rate for Edge, the more likely to run out (especially with the increased importance of it beyond what there was in 4th), and if one runs out and they're still a ways out from the next 'rest time' for the 1 point pittance currently in the rules now, that huge investment has suddenly become worthless.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <10-21-13/1431:20> »
But in a slower refresh rate Edge is a more limited resource which lends a comparitive advantage to higher Edge builds.

martinchaen

« Reply #93 on: <10-21-13/1436:26> »
And we're back to the "more or less "heroic" campaign" discussion. Edge as listed in the book is regained at 1 point per rest period plus whatever the GM doles out. I think that makes it a valuable commodity without "flooding the market", as it were...

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #94 on: <10-21-13/1437:12> »
And we're back to the "more or less "heroic" campaign" discussion. Edge as listed in the book is regained at 1 point per rest period plus whatever the GM doles out. I think that makes it a valuable commodity without "flooding the market", as it were...

I agree actually, especially given the usefullness of Edge in 5E.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #95 on: <10-21-13/1441:57> »
This is something I have thought about a bit for my table.....

And I think I will keep the refresh rates the same... Which was Edge refreshes every game session or after a signifigant amount of time.....

of if the session covers several days worth of actions in the game, they can expect to grain a couple of points, but they also know that it will refresh to full the next time we sit down to play, no matter where they are in the current Run.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <10-21-13/1442:47> »
But in a slower refresh rate Edge is a more limited resource which lends a comparitive advantage to higher Edge builds.

A higher refresh rate would make the advantage of the higher Edge the only thing that should be their advantage with the vastly increased importance. That being that they would be able to spend more per session/between rests.

(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Register