Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-10-13/1631:44> »
>>Accessing site: address unknown
>>Checking authentication...
>>Checking...
>>Authentication accepted
>>Welcome to ShadowSea JackPoint

>>I suppose recent events warrant this to be a whole new topic within these forums. As you all know, yesterday, some very disturbing events unfolded in the Rider, or as in our line of work they started to call it, Under the Waves. Just to limit myself to cold facts, a reason yet unknown caused 10,472 people to die in there, some pretty important ones included. This is a place created to pool our knowledge, facts, and ideas, for as I’m sure you are all certain, there will be repercussions that will affect all our lives adversely.
>>FastJack

>>To complete the cold facts FastJack provided, here’s some food for thought: there are several billion nujen’s worth of assets in that place, currently inaccessible to those investors and companies that previously thought this would be a booming business opportunity. Now I’m sure that kind of money is peanuts for the Big Ten but I wouldn’t bet against a few smaller businesses will change ownership as a direct consequence of the events.
>>So far, all bigger stock exchange rates fell around 2-3 points, and stocks of the Rider fell from a whooping 151.3 a share to 23.6, in the first ten hours. Main shareholders were the Brandon & Stokes Consortium (some Aztechnology and Evo interests there) and two smaller companies, subsidiaries of Horizon Group and MCT, through several companies with controlling interests in the next level.
>>Mr. Bonds

>>So this is the time to buy if you want to own a huge building in the center of Bellevue, ain’t it?
>>Aufheben

>>That is, if you want yourself being scrutinized by every possible kind of authority. Don't think that they won't suspect an insurance fraud or some buy-out scam. And if you don’t want to use that property for the next year or so.
>>Mr. Bonds

>>Cold facts aside, the sheer scale of this gives me the creeps. You know that I’m not against a fair bit of disorder, but this will create ripples that won’t die down for the next few years. I expect this to create the same kind of impact that 9/11 created at its time.
>>Aufheben

>>9/11?
>>Turbo Bunny

>>Yeah, that’s ancient history, with some very serious security issues and planes crashing in the World Trade Center in Manhattan and the Pentagon. It was one of the greatest debacles of that age, and there was considerable tightening of travel security after that. For a detailed report, look at this [link].
>>Sunshine

>>Anyway, I can’t really decide if jumping on the horse and trying to ride the publicity this one will prove to be a smart or an idiotic move by MoM and Alamos. I have the feeling they just tried to get the wind in their sails but they didn’t realize it’s a hurricane.
>>Aufheben

>>It probably was a well-calculated publicity stunt, however disgusting. Mark my words, not a week will pass and another statement will be provided that the previous ones were given in poor taste, by splinter sections of those organizations, unsanctioned by the main body, and any responsible parties were punished. Fragging rads.
>>Dr. Spin

>>As for ideas on reasons, I could provide several scenarios, each wilder than the previous one. What is more important, the ‘Trix in that place is teeming with GOD agents and law enforcement spiders. I tried to get in there, any morsel of info from that place will be a goldmine in the coming days, but it’s simply not worth it. I should have been there 15 minutes before I actually was, then I might have had a sliver of chance to get in.
>>Hannibelle

>>Don’t be sorry you didn’t arrive sooner, Belle. I was there almost the moment Horizon started its broadcast, but I say that some very powerful jamming must have been in effect. Someone closed down the system pretty well, I tried to use every frequency that I could think of but all signals going in were jammed. One of “us” must have been inside at that moment, and must have provided a dynamic jamming. And he must have been there right until GOD came and closed down the system for its own good.
>>Glitch

>>And if any of you thought of looking at astral space there: don't i checked it from three blocks away, and the sheer strength of what emanated from there gave me the creeps.
>>Ethernaut

>>I don't even want to imagine what kind of dark and evil fenomena are happening in there at this time. Oh my. I just imagined.
>>Frosty

>>OK, people, so far, not too much useful information, just what you should expect at a case like this. Anyway, i'd seriously appreciate anything on this, with some of the usual bonuses. Until then, i leave this topic open.
>>Fastjack
« Last Edit: <10-10-13/2349:32> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-11-13/0927:12> »
[Signal playing, the silhouettes of the Space Needle and the Horizon logo can be seen in the background. Somber, but still attractive female voice greets the viewers.]

Welcome to Seattle Now, the show which provides our faithful Viewers with fresh news from all around the Sprawl. I’m Janice LeCrouse and I welcome you all in the name of the whole crew.
Today is an overwhelmingly sad day for the United Canado-American States, especially those of us in the Emerald City. The events of yesterday cast heavy shadows over all our lives, threatening to break the heart and spirit of the inhabitants of our great nation. The tragedy unfolding in the WaveRider Shopping and Entertainment Center – of which we provided a full live coverage – affected both old and young, men and women, humanity as a whole suffered. Today, we provide commentaries and reports on what happened, and our experts will analyze the effectiveness of the actions of Knight Errant, and the two statements we received from Mothers of Metahumans and Alamos 20K. Before we continue, let me quote the words of President Colloton: “The times ahead will prove to be trying for the UCAS, putting our integrity as a nation and as a people to the test. But as history has proven several times, so do I trust now, that we will stand up to this challenge, putting aside our differences, and facing these trials to emerge even stronger than before. Because we have the freedom and the means to work, as a collective, on putting this tragedy behind us, and healing these grievous wounds, by standing together against any who threaten the legacy of our parents, to protect what we want to leave for our children.”

[ Ads for several aid services]

Moved by the President’s words, I’m happy to report that our HelpMeter currently stands at 53,201 nujen. We’d like to thank all who contributed up to now and encourage all who yet didn’t. The money offered through this channel will go to a fund for helping out families that lost their breadwinners to the tragedy, as well as for funeral and memorial services.
And now, on to our first topic of the day. It is an ungracious task but it is often better to know than to be uncertain. We updated the list of the deceased that were already identified. For the complete list, follow this [Link]. Authorities also provided and update on the number of dead, 10,472 people lost their lives in this tragedy by the latest count. We regret to inform you that among them are our own Kate Lockwell, who was our on-site reporter for the day’s events, as well as CEO James Kendrick and the Mayor of Bellevue, Rupert Avery himself. Further updates will be posted on above link.
And now, to our next topic: do Mothers of Metahumans and Alamos 20K truly try to take responsibility for the event?

[A full-day coverage of reports, interviews, analyses follows, overriding almost all of the usual program.]
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-11-13/0932:18> »
9th of July, Saturday, early in the morning
Despite going to bed early, all of you sleep through the night, more or less in one go. The events of the previous day made you emotionally exhausted, and a single night's sleep didn't alleviate the effects fully. At first, you thought it might have been the worst nightmare of your life, then you realized that the ceiling above and the bed under you didn't match what you were used to. You were still in the coffin hotel, getting your bearings, and deciding how to go on was still in front of you. But a new day should bring new hopes, and with that thought you get up.
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-11-13/1204:33> »
Jade had taken a full night's sleep, although with her sleep regulator she normally didn't need more than three hours.  But nevertheless she was awake quite early.  Any decisions on how to proceed could wait after breakfast.  After the take away yesterday evening she hadn't eaten much, so she decided to check out the free meal restaurant and see if the voucher was valid for breakfast as well.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #5 on: <10-12-13/0524:22> »
Matt awoke gently. the sound of cleaning drones and activity from neighbouring rooms reminding him that this wasn't home, and unfortunately, all that shit yesterday wasn't a nasty dream.
He got up wearily, knees creaking and back aching from the hard mattress as he stood up, heading to the bathroom.
He slapped some water and soap over his body as best he could and relieved his bladder, scrubbing his teeth as best he could with the crappy toothbrush from the hygiene kit.
Staring into the mirror, Matt contemplated the next steps.
1-breakfast. his stomach reminded him he was starving, skipping dinner last night had finally caught up with him
2-call tweety
3-call danny boy
4-get the hell out of dodge.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-13-13/0321:44> »
Joel felt  like he had barely slept. A lot of the drain had done admittedly, but he could still feel the efforts of yesterday. The pain was there, although dulled. Maybe Leroy would have something for it. Otherwise he  could try to heal some of it... But for now he got out of bed. He cringed as he realised he hadn't taken t he chance  to clean the clothes of yesterday's efforts and decided to do his best this morning, scrubbing them as best he could in the sink, before laying them out to dry a bit and taking a shower.
After the shower he did his best to dry the clothes with a towel before putting them back on. Damp, but at least they and he were somewhat clean. His face twisted in a grimace as his stomach reminded him that he hasn't eaten in some time.  Maybe there would be a way to get breakfast. He didn't want to have to beg or root around for food. Didn't Matt mention something about a free meal...?

No, no. I'd never need a way to magically disguise myself. That would never be relevant...
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-13-13/0514:06> »
--Joel--
It was something of a nasty shock when the water just ran out in the middle of the shower. Then you remembered. Water rations. It probably wasn't enough for the evening shower, the clothes, and the morning shower. You cleaned yourself as well as you could by the remaining water, still trickling from the tap at the sink.

--All--
Thankfully, the free meal tickets were valid for the time of your stay in the hotel, and rooms were to be left before noon, so you still had a couple of hours. Lonny's Diner was a small place around the corner. Half a dozen barstools at the counter, and four tables with four seats each. The menu wavered above the bar in AR, it provided several kinds of hamburgers and hot dogs, fries, soups, all made of soy by the smells that permeated the place. The place was not full, three other guests were eating, two at the bar and one at a table.
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #8 on: <10-13-13/1531:40> »
//Establishing call:: Tweety//<<Tweety, its Hunter. I'm deep in the shit man, We didn't do it. Danny boy said to give you a call first up this morning, so here I am. We need to er.. lie low, for a while. can you help?>>
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-14-13/0329:01> »
"Couldn't say i didn't wait for this call. Danny mentioned that you might just contact me." Tweety's high-pitched, shrill voice was the same as usual: to the point and business-like. "But this ain't no talk for the comm. Where do i send a car for you? Oh, and to be sure, for six?"
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #10 on: <10-14-13/0449:21> »
<<You're a lifesaver tweety, thankyou. We're in touristville {Mapsoft co-ordinates attached} There's four of us, we're travelling light. How long will it be?>>
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-14-13/0606:31> »
"70-80 minutes. Driver will call you on this number and drop my name. Look for a GMC Hermes, probably grey and quite worn. Have to run, will talk in person." With that, Tweety disconnected the call.
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #12 on: <10-14-13/0626:18> »
Matt Jogged down to the other rooms, passing on the info.
As hungry as he was, Matt daren't show his face to the morning commuters.
He set an alarm on his helmet's image link and hoped tweety could provide something to eat. Matt headed back up to his room and tried to kill some time by tidying it up and running some basic maintenance on his fly-spy drone
« Last Edit: <10-14-13/0730:44> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-15-13/0614:26> »
Joel was preparing to head over for breakfast when a thought struck  him. He was a fugitive. His face had been on TV. Perhaps going out to eat in public would be unwise... He grimaced again. Maybe there would be a chance later, even if he had to filch something. Or maybe he was paranoid. The pounding in his head was preventing him from thinking straight and the hunger wasn't helping. Perhaps he could go ask Leroy for something to help the headache.

He headed over to Leroy's room, politely knocking on the door as he arrived.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-16-13/0244:51> »
After breakfast Miko came back to the hotel, where she learned that there would be a car picking them up a bit later.  She didn't really trust the contact of a guy she only met the day before, but what choice did she have.  And besides, Matt was in the same position, but still.  Due to her 'upbringing' she always had some trust issues, and yesterday hadn't made them any better.  Luckily she still had her weapons and armour, except for her bow of course, which she hadn't been able to take to the mall with her.  Well, she could fight with her bare hands if necessary.  Now she just had to wait for that stupid car.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"