NEWS

[SR5] Where is Essence Holes and Essence Loss Clarifications?

• 12 Replies

Drakol

• Newb
« on: <08-12-13/2302:57> »
Greetings All,

Without having to refer to older versions of the game, assume that all replies must be towards a -NEW- player with only 5th Ed.

It seems that 5th Ed doesn't have a section on Essence Holes, Nor does it have anything to do with Essence Loss accompanied with loss of Limbs, etc.
How does this work in 5th Ed? As there doesn't seem to be any statements in the book anywhere. Is this a mistake? or is there a supplementary errata?

-Drakol
« Last Edit: <08-13-13/0800:33> by FastJack »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-12-13/2303:45> »
Essence holes are mentioned in the SRM FAQ, but I haven't seen anything regarding loss of limbs.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Drakol

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-12-13/2313:12> »
That is however  SR4A - Errata'  Not SR5.
So that will probably be disregarded, thanks for the help though.
Unless it's a 5th Ed Errata or 5th Ed Campaign Data, it will be counted as "Does Not Exist"

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-12-13/2326:50> »
Weren't essence holes an Augmentation thing in 4E? I don't believe they've ever been in the base book.

Drakol

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-12-13/2336:45> »
Thanks

Though does this mean that they won't Errata, or entry on Essence Holes or a Clarification of Essence Loss, or Replacing Cybernetic or flesh arms from limb loss in the next books? How does one, in SR 5 Ed, work this into the game? As there is nothing to do with this, by the 5th Ed rules alone . There are no rules on losing limbs or replacing limbs, it doesn't exist in 5th Ed at all and therefore isn't apart of the game within RAW.

I.e. No matter how much damage you take, you technically never lose a limb.
« Last Edit: <08-12-13/2338:23> by Drakol »

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-12-13/2357:57> »
Right. SR uses an abstract damage system and advanced damage rules and things like essence holes have always been in supplements.

Now if you're impatient there's no reason you couldn't house rule the general rules from Augmentation until the cyber book comes out. Run and Gun (the first announced supplement) MIGHT have this gens cyber rules.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #6 on: <08-13-13/0045:38> »
you what you always do this new into a new edition;

you continue to use the old sourcebooks, making the required changes as outlined by the general rules laid down in 5e
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-13-13/0051:53> »
you what you always do this new into a new edition;

you continue to use the old sourcebooks, making the required changes as outlined by the general rules laid down in 5e

Or just make do. House rules and GM calls can work fine in the absence of strict rules.

Drakol

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <08-13-13/0245:01> »
Think Judge Dredd of Storytellers along with the belief in RAW. Is the type of thing I'm trying to map out for future reference.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-13-13/0634:27> »
That is however  SR4A - Errata'  Not SR5.
So that will probably be disregarded, thanks for the help though.
Unless it's a 5th Ed Errata or 5th Ed Campaign Data, it will be counted as "Does Not Exist"

It's SR5.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12034805/Shadowrun%205%20Missions%20v0.99.pdf
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <08-13-13/0923:31> »
Correct, the Shadowrun 5 Missions v0.99 FAQ has been including some extra options and rules, including a rule on essence holes.

It includes answers on normal SR5 questions such as Attack Actions, Mental Manipulation spells, selling ware when upgrading, Instructor costs, etc. Furthermore you got Essence Holes and Background Count, offering these rules before a core book with them comes out.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Drakol

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-14-13/1851:17> »

Thank you, though it's ShadowRun Missions (I.e. Shadowrun Live) It is still 5th Ed in a sense.
However, if anyone finds a updated version or errata for this later on, please send us a message.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <08-14-13/1859:54> »
Will do. They might only get official once the SR5 augmentation book gets out, though.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Register