NEWS

Spell and gear cards

• 3 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <08-04-13/2048:12> »
Does anyone know if these will be available after gen con at stores?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-09-13/1032:56> »
I know they offered similar items last year at GenCon...do not think they ever made it into general distribution (though I though a PDF version might have popped up on DTRPG).

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-17-13/0854:46> »
They are absolutely at GenCon.  They are at the register, so you can pick them up when you are getting ready to pay.

I picked up both.  The quality is great.  I was a little disappointed in some ways though.

I should have counted spells in the game I guess.  It was disappointing that not all spells in the core book are covered.  To give a sampling, here are the manipulation spells 

Manipulation: Armor, Control Actions, Control Thoughts, Ice Sheet, Ignite, Influence, Levitate, Mana Barrier, Physical Barrier

I first noticed when there was no magic fingers (1 of my wizards 5 spells) when I had my cards at the ready for missions yesterday.

Gear cards also have lots of omissions, although that was far more expected due to the amount of gear in the base game.  The surprise to me was only having 1 comlink and 1 deck included,  I got lucky that it had the deck my character uses (chariot), but I was surprised that the comlink choice wasn't the Avalon, which is what I assume most players take.  Gun selection is mostly complete as expected, but melee is very sparse, and the only two pieces of armor are the urban explorer, and armored clothing, so I think the most common choices aren't included.  There are a sampling of vehicles and drones, but both are far from complete.  Personally I'd have loved to not have those in this deck in return for having the weapons and armor complete.  Then have a vehicle/drone or "tech" deck as a separate gear deck.

So overall - quality is great.  The gear and spells not included was somewhat annoying at times.  Hoping they have "spells 2" and "gear 2" later to fill more gaps as other core books come out.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-17-13/2046:14> »
Thanks for the info...a friend has picked up copies for me, but won't see them for a while.