Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <05-21-13/2225:20> »
All I heard was, "No backwards compatibility or ability to share with your friends" and instantly thought:  "Wow, when did M$ do marketing for Valve?"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #3 on: <05-21-13/2307:02> »
I think you mean "when did valve start doing Microsoft's marketing?"   Up to now, Microsoft has been very good about backwards compatibility in most of its products.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Mystalya

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <05-21-13/2357:11> »
I think it's cool that you can talk to it and tell it to do things. I would never use it though except to name it "Smithers" and tell it to do things for me.   8)

" I say Smithers, I wish to watch Archer on FX."   *click*
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <05-22-13/0059:07> »
I'd rather less DRM for console myself.  That was the main selling point on a lot of them for me.  Especially backwards compatibility.  (Sony f***ed that one up with the PS3!)  And the PS4 won't be any kind of backwards at all except for "Cloud Streaming" whatever that means.

So, if I have to get something that has DRM in it, I might as well get the better performance on my PC.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #6 on: <05-22-13/0101:02> »
Yep, the only time it's worth playing on a console now is if the title is exclusive to that console.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Mystalya

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <05-22-13/0106:46> »
Yep, the only time it's worth playing on a console now is if the title is exclusive to that console.

Everyone loves to throw their eggs in the XBox basket but Nintendo has first party IP's out the wazoo that people pay $60 a pop for. When the other consoles are dead and gone because the PC ate them.....THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE.
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-22-13/0110:51> »
If they wouldn't get so greedy and stop screwing over their customer base, they might do better.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-22-13/0116:56> »
Will stay with his crappy old Xbox, happly playing Cod (in all its versions), Halo, Mercanaries and best of all Shadowrun with the system link and this new bloody thing can go back to who evers brain dreamt it up (most forcefully insert in said brain).

Rant Over

Backwards compatibility is a important reqiurement i think but then again theres no way to make more money if people ain't gonna buy new stuff
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Mystalya

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <05-22-13/0137:29> »
Will stay with his crappy old Xbox, happly playing Cod (in all its versions), Halo, Mercanaries and best of all Shadowrun with the system link and this new bloody thing can go back to who evers brain dreamt it up (most forcefully insert in said brain).

Rant Over

Backwards compatibility is a important reqiurement i think but then again theres no way to make more money if people ain't gonna buy new stuff

They are going to force people into downloading emulators and inadvertently pushing them towards PC and console modding if they keep it up honestly. Especially with disc DRM that shit needs to die. All it takes is ONE guy to crack it and rather than having to buy games used and deal with online passes and "Oh this is a used disc, buy a new one." People will just take the path of least resistance because nobody wants to pay money to be treated like a thief.
Speech
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <05-22-13/0217:20> »
i have never resorted to having mine modded but then again i believe in paying for a product and not pirating anything.... yes i know i live in the dark ages with my believes but that's the price for having moral and living by them.

But i can also understand why alot of people will mod their xboxes and why they pirate games, the prices are expensive as hell and so there is an incentive to cut out things that drive the price up or save you money.

I will not be buying one even if i could afford it (which i definitely can't), so all i'm gonna say is "Frag you Microcrap, stick it in ya hoop"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-22-13/0347:21> »
DRM that stops people from playing used games isn't something that targets pirates, Hellion.  Effectively, you CAN'T target pirates in the first place...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #13 on: <05-22-13/0434:25> »
There are other reasons to mod them.  Mine is modded because the only way I have to get games is downloading.  Microsoft doesn't allow legitimate sales of Xbox consoles or games, so the only thing you can get here are illegal by default.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <05-22-13/0436:44> »
DRM that stops people from playing used games isn't something that targets pirates, Hellion.  Effectively, you CAN'T target pirates in the first place...

Wasn't aware of it RHat thank you for correcting my misunderstanding.... The Frag you was meant to be directed at it not being backward compatabile part....