NEWS

[OOC] Cannon Fodder

• 172 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #135 on: <06-13-13/1150:04> »
no worries, i'll hang on to find out if i found anything on the elf before i jump in the van and go shopping!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <06-13-13/1303:35> »
I'd like to ask the driver if they can provide some sort of drain foci as well.  As was made apparent earlier when Ren helped me out with the drain calculations, I can't quite get my head wrapped around how it works yet... So I don't really know how the drain foci would work for that matter either (I'm assuming they absorb drain so I don't have to? Right?) Also, I have no idea how much things like these cost nor how rare they are or if obtaining one is more complicated then walking into your local talismonger shop and picking one out.

I figure I'd learn this little bit on the fly and have it sink in just in time for 5th edition to come and change it up again in their attempt to "rebalance magic a bit." :P
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #137 on: <06-13-13/1501:42> »
I also wanted to ask our GM for the exact workings of my new focus.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

AffreuxLex

« Reply #138 on: <06-15-13/0057:41> »
More complete answer to come but for now:
I've been told it is possible that there is no such thing as a drain focus.  I haven't had an opportunity to look yet but I will.  If there isn't then there is now!  When the focus is active, it adds dice to your drain roll based on it's rating.

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #139 on: <06-16-13/1238:19> »
Let me know how you'd like to work out that drain foci business then!  ;D
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <06-16-13/1240:38> »
@AffreuxLex: you set me here a pretty predicament and i'm currently pondering what the solution might be. You see, the job description requires multiple killings and this character is not one who would kill without reason. So i'm considering wheter i can find a reason to stay or Puppeteer decides to leave. I'd appreciate any help you could provide in finding a suitable reason. Just to be sure, it's nothing personal against any of the players or the GM, just me trying to stay in character.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #141 on: <06-16-13/1316:58> »
Yeah flea isn't exactly a murderer, can we talk about the "family history" I have and how you see it panning out?
@ gustovness, I've already bought us suits mate. Don't worry about it
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

AffreuxLex

« Reply #142 on: <06-16-13/1505:06> »
I've read your histories and stuff and there is no need to worry out of character, I have "other" plans for our runners.  muah ha... Muah ha ha.. MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Edit:  Should have read the IC thread first.

Csjarrat:  225 nuyen is fine per suit.  It is a business suit but nothing fancy.

Gustovness:  No roll is needed to find a corp mage suit.  As you said, common knowledge or incredibly easy matrix search.  Although... A roll on a search just to check for a glitch could be fun... no... don't do that actually.  Things are about to get convoluted enough with out adding silly things like that.

I'm at work at the moment and was about to do an IC post but there are some secret GM-y rolls to do and I don't have my special notes with me.  Check back tonight for an update which is going to be either very mundane or excitingly interesting depending on how those rolls go.  Hopefully the other two will get a chance to post before then.
« Last Edit: <06-16-13/1515:49> by AffreuxLex »

AffreuxLex

« Reply #143 on: <06-16-13/2150:11> »
@Ren. Perhaps Puppeteer is able to accept that whether he participates or not, these people will die.  Just because he is participating in the run, doesn't mean he has to be the one doing the killings.  He might be opposed to what is happening but by being there, perhaps he can at least be of some assistance to the departing souls and maybe help make their transition easier and less painful.  If he doesn't go, with so many people dying, there are surely going to be at least a few not able to cope with it.  Angry and recently dead spirits are no laughing matter.

This is just some food for thought.  It's completely up to you how you want to play through it and I will adjust the story accordingly.  I much prefer a story based around the characters over characters being dragged through a story.  In my runs, players are always allowed to tell a Johnson "No." without being magically forced into the run anyway.  This is why I love RPGs, anything is and should be possible.  Hell, for all I care you four can hijack the plane and live out mundane lives in the Caribbean.  If you give me posts like "Puppeteer walks down isle 4 and browses through the watermelons."  I will give you posts like "You sort through the watermelons and rap on each one lightly.  (4d6.hits(5) → [1,3,4,3] = (0))  You find that they are all over ripe and unacceptable."

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <06-16-13/2237:51> »
Will post in the morning.

AffreuxLex

« Reply #145 on: <06-17-13/1230:22> »
@Csjarrat your search for articles on Yama, I presume you are talking about the Japanese corp?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #146 on: <06-17-13/1240:44> »
Yep, there was a result for an A rated japanese corp, so I want it to pull up info on that one and the EVO related one please :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #147 on: <06-17-13/1928:12> »
As a proud wearer of a an amazing handlebar mustache IRL, I'd like to point out that should you be implying that my handlebar mustache was transplanted onto the doll and that I am now sporting a synthetic one, I WOULD KNOW... It's nothing that a perception roll of any size can miss.

Also, I'm gonna skip on that suit.  Silk and leather do not mix well in a hot and humid climate.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

AffreuxLex

« Reply #148 on: <06-17-13/2315:45> »
As a proud wearer of a an amazing handlebar mustache IRL, I'd like to point out that should you be implying that my handlebar mustache was transplanted onto the doll and that I am now sporting a synthetic one, I WOULD KNOW... It's nothing that a perception roll of any size can miss.

Also, I'm gonna skip on that suit.  Silk and leather do not mix well in a hot and humid climate.

You would be amazed at what current(2070) technology can accomplish.  Besides, who said there was a roll when you noticed?  All you did was touch it and I pointed out how it felt. :D

Ahh, crap... I just reread a bunch of posts and I actually missed the first time you touched it.  I thought this was it.  Sorry.

On a side note, I've been meaning to ask for awhile now.  Does Cuco have a cousin named Harry by any chance?  The guy with the ad in the phone book?

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #149 on: <06-18-13/1755:32> »
I'm not sure what "Harry" you're talking about.  I know I put a Harris in my contacts and I think that was a Lonestar contact (don't remember as I'm out of town and away from my detailed Chummer notes).

If you'd like to bring a cousin of Cuco's into the mix, though, I'd love to draw up a back story for him as I AM out of town visiting my favorite cousin in the whole world, who I just so happened to complete my 2nd Tough Mudder with this past weekend!  He graduates chiropractor school next Friday so if you'd like me to make him a healer of some sorts, even better.  I know I've gone out on a tangent but I'm just letting you know I'm all for introducing new characters and what not to thicken the plot :D

www.toughmudder.com
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit