NEWS

[IC] Urban Brawl 8 -- finished

  • 82 Replies
  • 12782 Views

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« on: <05-01-13/2147:27> »
Cast:
Zach (Male Ork Infiltrator) -- Sichr
Storm (Female Elven Norse mage) -- Thermo

@Zach:
 
After a month of downtime you decide it's good to go out and look for a little work despite your fat shadowbank account.  Fixers are always looking for what's fresh and bleeding edge and more than a month not working can knock you down to second tier if you're  not careful.  You txt Amazing Larry and he says he'll hit you back with something in the next few hours.  Sure enough he gets back to you with a Johnson who's looking for an easy courier run.  Larry hooked up one job for that Johnson before, seems legit and says it pays out upwards of 50,000 nuyen for the group and the rest of the details and negotiations are at the meet.  Rather private type, so the meet is room 24 in the Puyallup Lodge hotel, be there at midnight tonight.  It's a two man job and Larry feels Storm, the Viking mojoslinger who you successfully completed the last run with would be the perfect compliment to your skills.  He throws you the norse girl's commcode in case you don't have it and asks you to sort out the details.

The time right now is 10:00 am

[spoiler]OOC:
@Zach:
call up storm and sort out the details in your IC thread and then do whatever you want too.

@Storm:
Just answer the phone and sort out details and do whatever you want for IC.
[/spoiler]



« Last Edit: <08-10-13/2300:11> by inca1980 »

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1 on: <05-02-13/1507:33> »
Zach didnt layed down whole pause, and the account is far thinner than it was before. Yet Zach is proud owner of solid SIN (6) with licence for his armor, weapons and bike. Also he replenished the ammunition and grenades and he even spend a few bucks to get himself qiuet place in Auburn where he can take stay over night and relax. He had visited Doc a few times, checking his new liver, as he tries to be as carefull as possible on those. He also contacted Mengulian, just to see how the business works and if he is alive. Some time he spends in that BBQ bar Brick introduced him, but mostly he is on the rad, cruising whole Seattle and talking here and there, he is looking to find the contact for Ork tribe that lives uphill in Cascade mountains, Crows, as far as Zach knows.
No contact was made so far, well at least Zach avoided Vory so far hping they gave up, well never so naive to actually believe in that.
Since Brick doesnt seem to respond, Zach had to make it on his own, and when account got thin even more, he called Larry by himself, as he hopes he left impresion good enought to get himself a job.

@Storm: Hey dievocka. I`ve just talked with Larry, and he told me taht he got something interresting to show us. If you are interrested, tell me where to pick you up, Ill be there ASAP

Thermo

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
« Reply #2 on: <05-02-13/1923:06> »
Storm was hurting. Not just physically; she needed some action. She'd spent most of her downtime in her low-rent ground floor apartment recovering from the several round of surgeries she'd just gone through. The remainder of her time was spent playing with her 'ware and learning a couple new spells from a trideo package she'd purchased. She wasn't terribly interested in going out and being social, at least not just yet. She was still on a lot of people's hit-list due to the assassination last month. She had been forced to use her real SIN, meaning she was now a person of interest in a rather high-profile crime. Not so good. At least the money had been worth it, while it lasted. She was sporting a new Rating 5 SIN with the name Jerzet Ma’kolbx, a name that was far safer to use than either her real name or the fake SIN her employer had used to contact her for the previous run. That SIN was worthless now. Worse than worthless, since it would likely have gotten her killed.

She focused her new cyber eyes on a distant abandoned building over the barrens. It was much too far away to see before the surgery, but afterwards she could zoom in without any trace of glare, switch vision modes, and digitally enhance the image with nothing more than a thought. She reached out with her new black-market Spellslinger glove and a targeting reticle appeared in her field of view. She cast Ball Lightning and watched the upper floor of the abandoned building crackle with electricity, throwing sparks from the long-gone window openings.

She inhaled deeply, the corner of her vision filling with various readouts on air composition and pollutant count. She knew that if she entered an area with explosives, gunpowder, nerve gas, or any other environmentally detectable substance she'd immediately know about it. An armored taxi drove by, spewing noxious fumes from its faulty power cell, and her readouts spiked.

That's the crappy part, she thought, I get a reminder of just how nasty this city is on a constant basis.

She had gotten some rather expensive bioware that let her become hyper-aware of the emotions of people around her based on their pheromones, and she found that there were a lot more perverts living nearby than she could have possibly known about. She enjoyed using her Fear spell on them  without their knowledge; she got a euphoric high when she smelled their conflicted emotions, a mixture of terror and lust.

The most painful surgery by far was the addition of Platelet Factories. It felt like her blood was on fire for weeks afterwards. Now that she's had a chance to get used to it she hardly noticed it at all. She'd been distracted once while practicing her new spell and lost her concentration. The spell went off, but she wasn't ready for it. She felt the usual "thump" at the core of her chest, and expected to get the soreness in her arms that accompanied the trauma of capillaries exploding; this time all she felt was a numbness followed by a tingling sensation as her augmented healing system immediately went to work at the cellular level, fixing problems before they bled into and damaged other areas.

Storm saw the encrypted message scroll across her PAN. She liked working with Zach, even though she knew he's in the game for one person and one person only. A true Shadowrunner.

Nothing wrong with that, she thought.

Storm replied that he should meet her at GRINDER, a local coffee bar that served shitty coffee that you could order laced with nearly anything you wanted. Anything. She'd been getting her fix of Psyche there for the past few weeks and had scoped it out pretty thoroughly. No wards, no recording devices, and no questions.

@Zach: Meet me at GRINDER, 8:00 tonight. I will bring some friends. Udachi, chummer.

[Zach knew her well enough to know that she didn't exactly have any friends, and that she was obviously referring to summoned and bound spirits.]

[OOC: Storm is going to spend the day binding a couple spirits]

Thermo

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
« Reply #3 on: <05-02-13/2311:39> »
[OOC: I'm batching the summoning rolls together to save time, each spirit is being summoned and bound sequentially since Storm wouldn't be able to have 3 unbound spirits at once]

Summoning Rolls (all Force 3): air/energy aura:blast, fire/guard, water/weather control Summoning(4)+Magic(4)+Power Focus(4) (12d6.hits(5)=7, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=5)

Summoning Resist Rolls (all Force 3): air/energy aura:blast, fire/guard, water/weather control Force(3) (3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=1)

Resist Drain from summoning Cha(7)+Wil(5) (12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=2) no drain

unbound
Air spirit, optional power: Energy Aura (Blast) - 6 Services
Fire spirit, optional power: Guard - 4 Services
Water spirit, optional power: Weather Control - 4 Services

Cast: Increase Charisma Spellcasting(6)+Magic(4)+Power Focus(4) (14d6.hits(5)=6) Charisma goes to 12

Drain(1) Resist: Cha(12)+Wil(5) (17d6.hits(5)=7) no drain

Cast: Increase Willpower Spellcasting(6)+Magic(4)+Power Focus(4)-Sustaining(1) (13d6.hits(5)=3) Willpower goes to 8

Drain(1) Resist Cha(12)+Wil(8) (20d6.hits(5)=5) no drain

[Rerolling..]

Cast: Increase Willpower Spellcasting(6)+Magic(4)+Power Focus(4)-Sustaining(1) (13d6.hits(5)=7) Willpower goes to 9

Drain(1) Resist Cha(12)+Wil(9) (21d6.hits(5)=3) no drain

Binding Rolls (all Force 3): air/energy aura:blast, fire/guard, water/weather control Binding(1)+Magic(4)+Power Focus(4)-Sustaining(2) (7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=2) [That. Sucks.]

Binding Resist Rolls (all Force 3): air/energy aura:blast, fire/guard, water/weather control (6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3) [That. Sucks. More.]

Drain Resist Rolls Cha(12)+Wil(9) (21d6.hits(5)=6, 21d6.hits(5)=9, 21d6.hits(5)=4) 4S drain [DOH!!]

So, after spending a frustrating afternoon trying to bind spirits, Storm watches the sun go down and curses her bad luck. All three of the spirits managed to slip through her fingers just as she was ready to lock them into 'contract'. She decides not to push things any further and summons a Watcher Spirit, which takes the form of a small ball of lightning.

Storm takes a few minutes to collect herself and meditates, trying to shake off the cobwebs from the stun damage she incurred trying to bind the spirits

Stun(4) Damage Recovery Roll Bod(3)+Wil(9) (12d6.hits(5)=3) 4S down to 1S



Some final casting before the run and she's ready to go:

Increase Intuition F3 (Sustaining Focus) Spellcasting(6)+Magic(4)-Sustaining(2) (8d6.hits(5)=3) Int goes to 5

Drain(1) Resist Cha(12)+Wil(9) (21d6.hits(5)=6) no drain

Increase Reflexes F3 (Sustaining Focus) Spellcasting(6)+Magic(4)-Sustaining(2) (8d6.hits(5)=2)

Drain(1) Resist Cha(12)+Wil(9) (21d6.hits(5)=11) no drain

[Rerolling..]

Increase Reflexes F3 (Sustaining Focus) Spellcasting(6)+Magic(4)-Sustaining(2) (8d6.hits(5)=5) 3 IP, +2 Initiative

Drain(3) Resist Cha(12)+Wil(9) (21d6.hits(5)=10) no drain

She gets on her motorcycle and heads to GRINDER to meet Zach.

[OOC: She's going to sustain her Increase Charisma and Increase Willpower spells]

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #4 on: <05-03-13/1725:20> »
@Everyone:
Grinder is a very chatty little dive where people are all hopped up on caffiene in addition to whatever else they've had added to their drink.  U spot each other and sit down at a booth which is tucked away, the loud banter reassures u than ur conversation will be private.

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #5 on: <05-05-13/0712:55> »
Zach orders Latte and donuts with cream...he felt in love with this caloric bomb and he feel the energy would be needed in the next few hours. Makin himself comfortable, looking around he can see that his weared cammo is a bit on the verge in comparsion to the latest mode. Well he doesn`t exactly give a fuck.
When his order arrives, he takes a long sip from the caffe and then he finally focuses on Storm

By that time, he took a good look around to see if any imminent danger threatens to disturb them during the conversation. With his googles removed, he feel free with all those tactical informations and constant hum of sensor  channels, but at least he can focus on the woman across the table without aiming cross placed on her ferehead.
Int(4)+Perc(4) (8d6.hits(5)=2)

Nice to see you again. You`ve used your holidays well?

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #6 on: <05-05-13/1639:19> »
@Zach:
You scope out the perimeter through the corners of your eyes and nothing looks threatening.  Many of the usuals are there and in between engaged in rapid conversation or nodding off in their seats there doesn't seem to be anything that would alarm you.

Thermo

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
« Reply #7 on: <05-05-13/2148:14> »
Storm orders an exotic chai tea, using the specific wording that tells the server that she wants Psyche added to the drink. When customers order an expensive drink like this they are always required to pay in advance, even if they think of themselves as a "regular". Storm pays the 200 nuyen and her drink arrives just as ordered. She sips it and feels the drug kick in, making her hyper-aware of her surroundings but also giving her an ADD-like tendency to be constantly changing focus.

[Storm spends 200 cred, new balance: 2800 nuyen]

She inhales and analyzes the smells in the room, seeking any signs of deception or anxiety that would give her the red flag that this meet wasn't legit.

Perception(1)+Specialization[smell](2)+Int(6)+Olfactory Booster(6)+Enhanced Pheromone Receptors(3)-Sustaining(2) (16d6.hits(5)=4)

Storm nearly purrs as she responds to Zach:

"Good to see you as well, old friend. Vacation has been quite.. boring."

She pouts, before giving a chill and emotionless laugh. It's obvious that she's as cold-blooded as ever.

"Tell me, what is it that brings me here?"

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #8 on: <05-06-13/0406:10> »
There is only one reason for us to sit at the same table. Work. Supposed to be quick parcel delivery, 25 grands each. This means troubles. I got wheels ready, you are our protection. Deal?

Thermo

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
« Reply #9 on: <05-06-13/0743:14> »
"To business, then. A courier run. What type of vehicle do you have in your possession? And when and where do we meet our employer?"

Storm knows better than to ask questions of Zach concerning the package, its contents, or its whereabouts.

We'll meet the Johnson soon enough.

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #10 on: <05-06-13/1003:37> »
I got my bike ready, parked outside. The meeting is planned for midnight on the place that can easily turn to trap, I'd rather move ASAP so we can look aroud before we step into possible ambush. More details on the route, I'm not used to discuss such things on such public place. We go as soon as you finish your drink.
Zach is sattisfied, knowing that he wont need another meal for at least a day.
« Last Edit: <05-06-13/1516:12> by Sichr »

Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #11 on: <05-08-13/0359:53> »
Outside the Grinder Zach jumps on his bike, starting the engine.
@Storm:So, elfnslayer. You ready for a ride? Ill try to make it as comfortable as possible for you so you have your hands free to take care for incidental opposition. We wont stop unless absolutely necessary. So, hang on, we are meeting the Johnson in Puyallup Lodge hotel at midnight. Dangerous hour. You know anything about that place.

Thermo

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 883
« Reply #12 on: <05-08-13/0818:11> »
Storm climbs aboard Zach's motorcycle, taking care to ensure her bike's security system was fully activated. This wasn't a bad part of town, per se, but things still can have a way of walking off if one's careless.

She grips the seat with her legs and grabs his armored shoulder with her left hand, keeping her gloved right hand free to work magic unhindered. She tells her Watcher spirit to remain close by and alert her immediately if any spirits are detected in astral space.

@Zach: "I've never heard of this place, good to get there early for some magical recon. If we run into trouble on the bike try to give them your right flank, gives me a better field of coverage."

Storm casts a quick detection spell before they head out, a Force 5 Extended Detect Enemies spell

Extended Detect Enemies: Magic(4)+Spellcasting(6)+Focus(4)-Sustaining(2) (12d6.hits(5)=6) 5 hits (limited by Force) 6 hits

Drain(5) Resist: Cha(12)+Wil(9) (21d6.hits(5)=5) no drain


Sichr

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 7202
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #13 on: <05-08-13/0904:50> »
Zach tries to make it to the site to have at least 10 minutes to quick recon, and when he parks outside the hotel, he stays on the bike to provide cover to Storm if she is about to do some astral recon, and he pulls Sylvia out of his pocket...remembers Wagner, as he always does, and sends the dragonfly above to have wider perspective.
He checks his guns are loaded and ready and waits for Storm to report in. It would probably be better if she does the talking, he was here just as a driver. Well he did enought experiences with this kind of things to know that it is highly possible that his other skills will be usefull also. He was currious about the Johnson. Especialy if he would heard one special sentence that always mean troubles. Or maybe this one would be honest one? Zach grins under the helmet, just for himself.

inca1980

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
« Reply #14 on: <05-08-13/1053:12> »
@Everyone:

23:30
You've never been in the CZ zone in Chicago nor the warzone of Bogota, but Puyallup is close enough.  The post apocalyptic muddle of buildings in front of u which could loosely be called a city block seems to be ur destination.  The neon sign long ago shattered and hanging by just a wire is unreadable and in its place is an AR logo which flickers on and off due to the poor wifi signal.  Puyallup Lodge it says and prompts ur comm to reserve a room if u so choose.  The only other soul outside is an almost anorexic looking elven woman who had definitely seen better days....so bad so in fact she could pass as a banshee if it weren't for the fact that banshees don't turn tricks on city corners.

@Zach:
Your recon of the blocks around the hotel doesn't show anything unusual.  A homeless troll about 2 blocks away and some devil rats is all u see in terms of beings.

@Storm:
Ur astral perception turns up with the same except for more devil rats.




« Last Edit: <05-08-13/1106:25> by inca1980 »