NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #765 on: <02-20-14/0618:27> »
"I can sneak that neutralizer in and hide it inside if you want me to." Gibbon replied.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #766 on: <02-25-14/0302:38> »
"So here's a summary," Kitten said, "I will sneak in a spy drone which Pulse will provide.  I will also set a watcher to search for Andromeda.  If we're going to put a neutralizer into the museum to distract the guards I would wait until the last day to put it in to avoid that it is found and removed.  With Andromeda gone, we'll need to find another truck or van sufficiently large to hold the boxes.  Pulse, since you are the only one who can drive it, or at least summon something to drive it, can you take care of that?  In case you need help, let us know.  Gibbon or Silk will be obvious choices, depending on how it has to be done, by sneaking in or talking in.  That's all?  Okay, let's get moving."

She left the meeting and went back home, where she summoned a watcher spirit and set it to find Andromeda and report back if it found her.  If he found traces of her aura but it couldn't follow it, it had to report this as well, with a last location.

In the evening, with the small drone Pulse had given her in her backpack, she walked into the museum via the staff entrance.  During her shift, she tried to put the drone somewhere under a shelf, or on a top shelf, close to the ventilation system and also as close as possible to the security room.

[spoiler]
summoning watcher:
magic 5 + summoning 2 =7 (7d6.hits(5)=2)
It can look for two hours.

placing drone (infiltration I assume).  She will put it where there are no cameras and if all else fails, just under her desk.  She can volunteer to get something from the warehouse which needs only 1 person to pick up.
agility 4 + infiltration 2 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #767 on: <03-04-14/0441:07> »
"If were done then I'll see you all later, keep me in the loop and I'm going to see if I can find somewhere to hole up for the next few days"
While you all do that I'm going to see what I can dig up on my own about Andromeda's whereabouts
As he got up from the table, turned and left to head to the last spot he saw her.

[spoiler]
Since Cookie has nothing to do lets have an extended test on finding Andromeda for this, not sure on the interval mind.
first hours roll of tracking (7d6.hits(5)=3)
then I'd like to trade 7 for 1 hit, unless you deem the interval to be too long Chrona.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-04-14/0444:21> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #768 on: <03-15-14/1651:23> »
A thought popped in Silk's head.
"Kitten, you get a locker there for your stuff and uniforms? The guards all have a badge to open maglocks there and they don't take it home... So they must leave it there, probably in a locker with their uniforms, no? And that locker couldn't be protected with a maglock using their badge. Maybe you can try to peek at some of their codes, or have the spydrone do it?"

Herself, she started looking on the matrix for chats and reviews of take-out restaurants. She wanted one where the food looked and smelled pretty good, but was really likely to make you sick. She'd order now, leave the food out for another day and then go to Evangeline's place the next evening, after putting in some more flavor enhancers into the take-out and putting it in a more the packaging of a better take-out where she'd order her own portion.
Oh, right, better see if she's available.
@ Evangeline: "Hey girl, how's cuddling on a sofa with a lame trid and some take-out sound? Your place tomorrow?"
« Last Edit: <03-16-14/1205:49> by Xzylvador »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #769 on: <03-16-14/0107:23> »
I can have a look.  Maybe you can ask your guard friend as a second way to get one of those badges, Kitten said.  She thought it should be possible.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #770 on: <03-21-14/1108:51> »
Evangeline responds promptly, "That sounds great! I could really do with it with tha delivery coming up. See you tomorrow!"

You have found word of a relatively cheap Indian restaurant you know to use stolen corp level food flavorings to hide how bad their food really is. It would get shut down if the area it was in had anything remotely like standards.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #771 on: <03-21-14/1602:22> »
"I could, but I'd rather not unless absolutely necessary. Me asking for codes a day before the place gets robbed is kind of transparent... Any of you guys know how to weaken a dose of Laés smoke so it only kills a few hours instead of half a day?", Silk replied.
"Would make covering my tracks a lot easier."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #772 on: <03-22-14/0041:24> »
There exists a version of Lars which is called leal I think.  That one is less potent.
Kitten looked at the others.
I'm going to bed as I will have another long and Boring night.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #773 on: <03-22-14/1527:19> »
Leäl, right!
The drug was popular as a date rape drug. It surprised Silk it'd slipped her mind.
Well, that can't be hard to find.

[spoiler]AR76-77, Avail 8R, price 180 per dose. Shouldn't really be a problem to get a hold of. Want me to roll for it or can she get a couple of doses after spending some time clubbing?
Hm... maybe find a guy trying to use the crap on girls and see how he likes it on himself! Free drugs and some vindication, awesome! ;) [/spoiler]

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #774 on: <03-23-14/0921:23> »
That night Kitten had an easy time of her shadow work. The spirits had been keeping away from her as her being awakened wasn't a secret, that may even work in her favour if the orders they had been given are not as tight as they should be. Whether it be any final checks, the drone, or any sneaking a peak at lockers, it will go without a hitch. Though the delivery itself was a nightmare, they have sent in an entire container of food for the cafe you were not supposed to have, and hour is wasted filling out the necessary hard copy paper work to deal with it.

Silk spend the night clubbing and despite the things on your mind, you manage to have a good time. At Equilibrium down at the warehouses you manage to score the leal, leading on and taking it off a punk who had all ready bought it from a dealer. Some girl that night probably owes you thanks.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #775 on: <03-23-14/1934:31> »
Clubbing always put Silk in a good mood and luckily tonight had be no different. Plus she managed to get the drugs she was hoping to get too. She realized how good an idea it had been to get a sleep regulator implanted. It allowed her to work, get some amusement and still get enough sleep. All in all she was in a better mood than she'd been the last couple of days. This job might just turn out less fucked up than it had seemed for a moment... As long as the others keep their shit together.
"All right. If things go according to plan, I might be able to interrogate Evangeline a bit more straightforward than previously possible tomorrow night. Anything specific you guys can come up with I should ask?"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #776 on: <03-26-14/1621:45> »
Silk arrived at her date's apartment after picking up two large portions of Indian take-out, tossing the contents of one of the boxes in the trash and replacing its original contents with the food she'd bought in a very doubtful 'restaurant' a day before and which had spent the past day on her kitchenette's counter without refrigeration.  She'd used plastic gloves to handle the stuff.

The trid was even worse than she'd feared; it seemed that the more of them that got made, the lower their average quality became... and they made a LOT of trids.

For a moment, lying in Evangeline's arms, Silk thought about the old days and the movies she'd watched back then. She remembered enjoying them much more than the trids that came out now. Was she just getting old and was nostalgia blinding her or had concepts like a powerful story and originality really disappeared to make room for the endless amount of technological advances that had been and still were being made? She honestly didn't know.

After that moment of distraction, the realization that she'd thought this way about her increasing age and the prospect of what was to follow the rest of the night made her feel like crap again.

Luckily, the post-movie part of the evening passed quicker than Silk had planned. She complained a bit about feeling a bit weak and her stomach, so they went to bed early and just cuddled a bit before Evangeline started having the same complaints and they both went to sleep... Until the vomiting started.

Silk comforted the sick Ork to the best of her ability, brought water and wet towels, helped her get up and stumble to the bathroom, back to bed and not much later back to the bedroom for a second and a third time. She made sure to make vomiting noises of her own at a moment she knew Evangeline would be too weak to come to her help and spot her girlfriend just sitting there pretending the whole thing. After decades with her abilities, it was probably the most disgusting thing she'd had to do with her supernatural voice control. A useful trick, but not one she hoped to do be doing again quickly. The sensation the mimicry made in her throat seemed almost as bad as actually vomiting.

Almost morning, they lay in bed next to each other,  both with stained clothes and the smell of vomit filling the small room. The things I do for work., Silk thought to herself as she quietly slipped out of bed and started working on what she actually came here to do.

The sharp smell of ammonia woke the sick woman with a shock. In a reflex she tried getting upright while opening her eyes but felt that she couldn't, her wrists being held against the bed and something heavy resting on her chest. SomeONE heavy. Silk, watching her with a curious look on her face and a vial of smelling salts in her hands.
"Hey there, relax. I'm glad you're awake, sweetie. I would have hated having to break out the more expensive stuff for this part."

Silk leaned forward and placed her hand on her victim's mouth when she tried to struggle and say -or shout- something. "Shhhh. Don't waste your energy, sweetie. Can't be much left in you after a whole night of being violently ill."
She sighed sadly and looked at her own dirty nightwear. "I'm afraid things got real messy... But I suppose I already knew that when I mixed the poison into your food."
She paused to reconsider her words. Well... Poison is a wrong word, I suppose. It's more of a virus, from what I understand. 'Weaponized Ebola', the guy called it."
The ork's eyes widened and she started struggling again, but she was bound and exhausted.
"I know, sweetie, I know. I was thinking the same thing. 'Ebola? That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that needs to be weaponized!', right? And then, of course, I thought 'Damn, this will get real messy.'. I really prefer working with poisons or drugs that are quick and effective and don't cause so much.. Ick.
But I needed something quick enough to take you out before you could create problems, but slow enough to avoid suspicion and give me the time to ask you some questions; and this is what I could get my hands on. "

The female guard struggled a bit more, Silk leaned harder and spoke with a casual tone.
"You know, I don't really think it's REALLY related to Ebola, that would be way too slow, right? It would take like a week or something before you'd notice. Maybe it's called that because of the symptoms."
It was obvious her victim's body was spent and her will starting to give in to despair. "Hush now, sweetie. Calm down. It'll end, I promise. Shhh.
You see, first it feels like food poisoning. Fatigue, fever, nausea , diarrhea... I mean, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. But then after a couple of hours, it really starts doing damage.
The fever gets much worse and the vomiting and diarrhea continues only it'll start to become very bloody as your smaller blood vessels start to rupture and you start bleeding out internally.
Now, I looked it up and there IS a difference with Ebola. According to what I found, with Ebola it's not the fever or the bleeding that'll get you. Supposedly, it's low blood pressure, organ failure and tissue necrosis that eventually kill you.
But that's not the case with this weaponized stuff. The tissue damage and internal bleeding was made much more aggressive. It'll hurt more but you won't suffer for days. You bleed to death in a couple of hours.
And also, unlike Ebola, there's a fast-acting antidote that stops the whole 'bleeding to death internally' thing and will make it feel like little more than simple food poisoning, if administered on time."

Silks other hand shot up, proudly holding a little vial between her thumb and index finger.
"And this is what it looks like!", she finished with a smile. "Educational, isn't it? And there you were, thinking you were the only one of us with things to teach to the other."

After a short pause, the slender elf, attractive even in her vomit-stained clothing, leaned in closely, her mouth right next to the sick and weakened woman's ear. "Now, are you going to be a nice girl and calmly answer a few very simple questions for your pretty little girlfriend? Or should I just gag you and let you bleed to death?", Silk asked, her whispering voice sounding more venomous than any imaginational drug.
Evangeline was at first clearly panicked and unable to even form together sentences as she tried to struggle. But Silk's sale of the antidote and slow lead in have her finally open her mouth to say "O-Okay..." She seemed too shocked to ask what was going on, or why it was. She answered what questions she could, desperate to save her life.
After less than an hour of talking, Silk was certain she'd gotten all she could out of Evangeline and slowly set the antidote vial to the woman's lips. " Don't worry, Evangeline. You did really good.", Silk whispered while helping her drink the dose of Leäl. "When you wake up, things will seem a lot better."

An hour later, something cold and wet on her face woke the sick woman with a shock. In a reflex she tried getting upright while opening her eyes but felt that she couldn't, she was being pushed down against the bed. She opened her eyes and saw her girlfriend leaning over her, with a tired, worried but also relieved look on her face while pressing a cold, soaked washcloth against her face.
" Hey there, relax. I'm glad you're awake, sweetie. You had me really worried there for a while. It almost looked as if you had passed out because of the fever. How are you feeling?"

After a few moments, even despite her fever, nausea and everything else that came with the food poisoning, Evangeline mostly felt lucky. Lucky to have such a sweet and caring girlfriend. Someone who sat next to her, watched over her and took care of her all night, even while covered in vomit and feeling nauseated from the bad food herself. She happily kissed her poisoner goodbye an hour later, ordering her to go home and get some rest herself and promising to make up for the lost night another time.

Damn it, I'll fucking have to burn these clothes and need to spend an hour in the shower to get this drekking smell out of my hair!", she thought while getting on her scooter. The things I do for my job.
"Okay, so the guard wasn't a complete waste of time. I got her locker code. Her card's in it, it should definitely get us in the security room. She's going to be too sick to come to work. Got some more info, too.

The security office harbors a gun locker and a hard wired nexus for the voice system, the stock system, the delivery scheduling system, the cameras internal shutters and the external door's maglocks. A Hacker could do a lot with a jack into it, such as close off sections of the museum to easy access.
Apparently there's no wagemage on duty, the spirits are hired out from a summoner. Any aura traces are just from him coming to check on them some days.
Evangeline didn't know how the gas system works or anything about it herself, they've never had to use it after it was donated by a corporation years ago. Its activation is controlled by the VR node that we found in our earlier stake outs.
Also, the external garden area on the right side of the building has no working cameras, that could be useful.
Oh, and what she could tell about the guard patrols confirm what our observations have shown. Making a path around them while inside should be easy for Gibbon."

[spoiler]That last part give +2 to Gibbon's sneaking inside the building.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-26-14/1629:02> by Xzylvador »

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #777 on: <03-27-14/0451:31> »
@all: I like good news I've forgotten what it looked like.
@Silk: Just so were in the loop I'm not doing that side job or even want to do that side job a this moment in time, that's just so were clear on what I'm saying next. It all depends on what I find regarding Andromeda, All I hope the Johnson hasn't pulled any of the drek from earlier otherwise I may have an idea for an insurance plan, one Gibbon or anyone else isn't going to be happy about.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #778 on: <03-27-14/1103:38> »
”Silk, you are great. Did she say if the security room is manned 24/7, or are there periods when no one is in? If we could get inside and put something to broadcast signals out for Pulse even before the action, that would be awesome. If it comes to that, we can even try the following method: Kitten draws the one inside the security room out and I can try and slip inside to put the broadcaster there. I can even try to conceal it under the panels of the control device, I have some hardware skills.

"The garden may be a good prep area for those who get inside for the action. There is some direct access to the ground floor which I suppose is outfitted with an alarm, but that can be taken care of, ain’t it so, Pulse? From there I can quickly get to the delivery area or create chaos upstairs, as needed.”
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #779 on: <03-27-14/2102:37> »
@All <<If we can get a basic wireless adapter or something hooked up to it, I could get an early crack at the system.  There were a lot controls I was expecting that I couldn't find on the wireless system, so there's a good chance that they're there.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites