NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #750 on: <12-10-13/1431:21> »
"As long as there's no more information, I strongly suggest against doing this," Kitten said, "It's too dangerous and it can only lead to trouble.  It's going to be difficult enough already without extra complications."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #751 on: <12-23-13/0020:00> »
"Only way I could call it a smart play would be if we could get it into the right place to make it a quick thing - but even then, it's going to make things more dangerous."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #752 on: <02-10-14/0911:26> »
Gibbon seemed a bit confused. ”OK, now, Kitten, what do you suggest us not doing? If it is the side job of Cookie, I think we basically all agreed, Cookie included, that we won’t do that. If it is finding Andromeda, I disagree, we need to know if she’s available for the job. Or do we simply assume that she’s not available and get on with the plans that way? Anyway, clock's tickin' so... vamos, vamos!
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #753 on: <02-11-14/0238:18> »
"I think we have to do both," Kitten said, "start making plans to work without her, but also continue to try and contact her.  Is there anything you need me to try and find out on the inside?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #754 on: <02-11-14/0445:34> »
With Cheyenne on the other side of the line, Silk started a rant in the form of a 5 minute monologue complaining about the job she was on and the people she was -or, in some cases, used to be- working with. She avoided using names nor did she go into specific details about times, places or goals, but she knew Cheye was smart and experienced enough to get the idea.

Above all, she was angry. She'd rarely been this angry. No, that'd be wrong. She'd been this angry before, plenty of times. But then, she'd always been able to vent that anger by extracting some kind of revenge. She always made sure people regretted it...
But that wasn't an option now. Not only was she being deceived and lied to. Half of the people she was working with were throwing further complications into the job with little of no excuse or explanation. And the other half apparently felt as if they somehow owed it to these assholes to help them without any question, complaint, or compensation.

What kind of people was she dealing with? How did she get involved with all this?!
The Johnson, the one who had hired these people in the first place and had apparently killed at least one of the team and potentially a second one -someone who could've been called a friend if Silk believed in that kind of thing- seemed the most sane of all in some fucked up way, and that realisation made her...
Scared.

F*ck.
It'd been a very long time since she'd really felt anything.
Starting to feel now, and feeling this?
God f*ck damnit I'll f*cking kill the whole f*cking lot of you.

She was out of control and knew the situation couldn't possibly be controlled.
It'd been a long time since she'd felt so out of her depth and she was drekking tired of faking.
But could she just abandon the job?
That'd be very unprofessional.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #755 on: <02-11-14/0606:47> »
”Only important thing that we haven’t seen inside is the security room. So, what do you say we get a FlySpy and you let it inside the air vents, then maybe Pulse can take a look through its camera and determine what we can do about it?” replied Gibbon. ”And as to the situation of Andromeda missing, can any of you replace her as the driver? ‘Cause I don’t really drive one, especially not if they didn’t mod it for dwarf.”
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #756 on: <02-12-14/0121:17> »
"I can try that," Kitten said, "but I'm not sure if I can put it close enough to the vents, so be careful when you start running around with the thing.  As for driving, don't look at me.  They let me drive the big armoured truck once when we were near Cairo and the only good thing was that we were in the desert so you couldn't hit much."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #757 on: <02-12-14/0139:33> »
"If I can get access to the truck's node, I can make something work.  Not much for driving myself, but I can compile a sprite that knows what the hell it's doing - think of it like a really advanced Pilot that answers only to me or people I want it to.  Or I can thread up my Command form to something stronger and go from there, but I wouldn't exactly be good at it.  If I have the prep time, though, I can get the Machine Sprites ready in advance, which would help matters."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #758 on: <02-12-14/0508:38> »
"I can't drive, mostly sat in the back of whatever transport we ended up in. Anyway, yes I think it's best that you do it but can we move on to actually trying to find her as well as the truck?
Concern was clearly something foreign to them but that mattered little to Cookie, someone was murdering people he was supposed to be working with, people he was supposed to be making sure stayed alive to do the job on the job; He'd just never expected either of the Johnson's, much less Junior to do this. It occurred to him that something precipitated this, so that meant that obviously Legion had found something, something he wasn't supposed to see.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #759 on: <02-12-14/1641:53> »
"Yeah, we need to figurd out what's going on with Andromeda - she might need help, and whatever happened could well put us in danger too. "
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #760 on: <02-13-14/0608:19> »
It’s OK that we discuss what needs to be done but I think it’s time we did it, Gibbon thought. ”Pulse, can that sprite thing of yours also take care of driving the spy drone and keep it hiding? If not, what do you think I should get my hands on besides the drone itself, you know, like autosofts?
“Anyway, I think it’s well past time we started to act, so I’ll go and buy the little bugger if there’s one available, before Kitten has to go back to work. In the meantime, why don’t we concentrate on finding Andromeda? Pulse, you need to make the first step, you’re the only one of us who can possibly find her from afar. We all have her comm number, is that enough or you need more?”
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #761 on: <02-13-14/1144:17> »
"I know her aura, so I can send a watcher," Kitten said, "but that will take quite some time, as I have no clue where the little bugger has to start.  Also, if she's dead or behind an astral barrier, it won't find her, no matter what.  I'll do that right after my next shift, just to try something."

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #762 on: <02-13-14/1306:42> »
Probably the best idea, I can follow the trail but I can't do out of body unless your ok with me following your watcher, which truth be told I don't mind doing if you don't object I have no more preparation left to do besides a conversation with a fool who can't pass a message privately alongside his masters, that I want to delay as long as possible meaning I'm not going home tonight.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #763 on: <02-13-14/1358:51> »
Cheyenne had apparently sensed how tense Silk was because she'd stayed uncharacteristically quiet during Silk's rant. But at the end of it, Silk was reminded of the fact that no matter how good she was at manipulating people, Cheyenne was the one who taught her most of her tricks.
Even knowing she was being played and recognizing many of the techniques, Silk was unable to keep her shields raised for long and the anger boiling within her slowly subsided back to manageable levels. Cheyenne calmly talked to her, doing little more than repeating what Silk had just told her but doing it in such a way things seemed trivial. She offered the kind of advice that could mean anything depending on your own state of mind and offered a kind of view on things which, while offering no different opinion and being in itself completely meaningless, suddenly made the desperate situation seem like a small speed bump along the way.
When they hung up, Silk could barely remember why she'd been so angry in the first place. She fished a pack of cigarettes out of her jacket, pulled one out with pouted lips and calmly smoked the filthy thing -she hated the things, the taste of ashes in her mouth and the smoke in her nose, but they did sometimes make her relax- while trying to analyze the techniques Cheyenne had just used on her. This had really been one her best.
Five minutes later, she turned around, went back inside and sat back down at the table.
"Sorry, really needed a smoke."

"So, one last attempt for Kitten to get some info on the security room and we're set to go?
Oh, and I was thinking, I got a pretty concealable camera neutralizer. Maybe we can shut down a couple of security camera's inside the museum right before we go in. Maybe they'll blame it on technical errors and be forced to put guards in those locations to keep an eye on things. If we get to choose where they put their guards and manage to separate them this way, it could be in our advantage."

[spoiler]I honestly can't recall any information about camera's being there... but I assume they are. Anyone got a link to security info posts?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-17-14/1431:06> by Xzylvador »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #764 on: <02-17-14/1144:44> »
"I'll get my watcher started as soon as I get home," Kitten said, "Pulse, if you get me the spy drone before my shift tonight, I'll try to get it in this night.  Gives us some time to come up with a reply to any surprises we might find in that room.  And if it doesn't work, I can try again tomorrow."
She would let someone more technologically proficient work with Silk and the camera neutralizer.  Most of the times while working with the Marrauders they didn't use that sort of equipment.  If you arrive with a full battallion of troups, cameras are not really the issue.  And in hellholes like Lagos or Chicago there aren't all that many.

Register