NEWS

20 minutes of Shadowrun Returns footage.

• 61 Replies

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« on: <03-08-13/1120:34> »
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-08-13/1205:55> »
It's pretty sweet. Glad I backed it.
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #2 on: <03-08-13/1240:28> »
"Say hello to my little friend!"
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-08-13/1320:03> »
I'm a sucker for tactical, turn-based combat like this. After the success of X-Com last year, I'm hoping to see more games in this under-served genre on the market.

Point is, I will totally pick this up. As you can probably guess (by the fact that I'm presently posting on this on this forum), I'm a fan of the Shadowrun setting. And the gameplay looks interesting with lots of choices but not quite as full-on "what the crap is happening" complex as the pen-and-paper game.

Also definitely like that an editor is coming along with it. That would be a lot of fun to screw around with.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #4 on: <03-08-13/1329:14> »
Also definitely like that an editor is coming along with it. That would be a lot of fun to screw around with.

Oh yeah. I can't wait to do an apartment-clearing bug hunt.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <03-08-13/1455:11> »
Pistols, SMGs, Shotguns, and Assault Rifles, < Takei >Oh My!!!< /Takei >

And Jake's back!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #6 on: <03-08-13/1503:28> »
 :o I was just watching this......this is so cool
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #7 on: <03-08-13/1509:50> »
They also just shot out an email that backers can increase their backer level (if they're so inclined).

I...uh...I won't.  Because mine was already pretty high before I knew I was also going to be (even tangentially) working on it, to boot.   I have plenty of SRR swag comin' to my house as it is, Mrs. Crit's already a little crabby at me for it.  ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <03-08-13/1538:23> »
I've talked to my family about increasing my level to the point where I could be an NPC in the game.

The beatings will continue in just a short period of time.   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #9 on: <03-08-13/1614:10> »
They also just shot out an email that backers can increase their backer level (if they're so inclined).

I...uh...I won't.  Because mine was already pretty high before I knew I was also going to be (even tangentially) working on it, to boot.   I have plenty of SRR swag comin' to my house as it is, Mrs. Crit's already a little crabby at me for it.  ;D

I'll trade you some home-brew mead for some SRR swag.

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-08-13/1616:56> »
I'm going to bump mine up just a bit. However, I, too, was met by the Glaring Eye of Spousal Doom (tm), so am limiting myself to being able to get the dog tag.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #11 on: <03-08-13/1623:58> »
I'm going to bump mine up just a bit. However, I, too, was met by the Glaring Eye of Spousal Doom (tm), so am limiting myself to being able to get the dog tag.

Yeah, I almost got caught up in it earlier. I limited myself with logic.

If I went to a game store, and saw a box full of SR dogtags for 50 dollars each, would I buy it?

Probably not.

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-08-13/1625:28> »

Yeah, I almost got caught up in it earlier. I limited myself with logic.

If I went to a game store, and saw a box full of SR dogtags for 50 dollars each, would I buy it?

Probably not.

Well, for me it's just a $25 jump and the dog tag comes with the game, soundtrack, and a few other unannounced things on it (according to the Kickstarter description)

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #13 on: <03-09-13/0314:18> »
My GM sense is tingling. It is telling me I must begin making missions as soon as I get this game. OK, GM sense, I shall!

Cherno

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <03-09-13/1311:42> »
Just watched it, looks really great for what it tries to achieve. The trolls still have short legs but otherwise it all looks good for an alpha version. I predict that the editor will be a major selling point of this game, with thousands of fan-created missions and campaigns following the release. Maybe we'll even see custom art in the game.