NEWS

[OOC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Campaign Adventure

• 548 Replies

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #240 on: <03-12-13/1215:25> »
I'm not assuming we have binding materials handy, is all. I'm trying to find out if using an unbound spirit is feasible.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #241 on: <03-12-13/1315:32> »
I'm not assuming we have binding materials handy, is all. I'm trying to find out if using an unbound spirit is feasible.
Bineimg materials are standart issue, you have all you need.

And bond spirits are your private army. Definatly bind them if you can.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #242 on: <03-12-13/1402:33> »
Well if I recall correctly it takes karma to bind them, but I might bring up that it`s night 18 hours a day, so binding might be all together forgoable, but do keep track of your over moission expendatures, it comes out of your paycheck.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #243 on: <03-12-13/1407:09> »
Well if I recall correctly it takes karma to bind them, but I might bring up that it`s night 18 hours a day, so binding might be all together forgoable, but do keep track of your over moission expendatures, it comes out of your paycheck.

Nah, binding spirits doesn't cost karma. You're probably thinking of Focus Bonding.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #244 on: <03-12-13/1415:55> »
I could have sworn perminately binding a spirit cost karma, well good news for you guys, just a slight pay deduction. I Would assume that you`ve had the correct materiels for your tradition flown in on order already, so dont worry about how you got odd scented candles, wood chips and feathers to the arctic or whatrver.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #245 on: <03-12-13/1419:14> »
If it were actually permanent, then I could see a small karma cost (like Force or 2 x Force), but as is you have to keep track of services to make sure you don't run out--and rebind to get more services, which means another Test and Drain Resist.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #246 on: <03-12-13/1507:00> »
Quote from: SRA, p.333
Select Sound Filter:
This filter allows the user to block out back-ground noise and focus on
specific sounds or patterns of sounds (in-cluding sound, word, or speech
pattern recognition). Each rating point allows the user to select a single
sound group (such as a conversation or the breathing of a guard dog )
and focus on it. The user can only actively listen to one group at a time,
but she may choose to record the others for later playback or set them
to triggered monitoring (such as sounding an alert if there is a variation
in the breathing pattern of the dog, or if the conversation brings up a
certain topic).

Yes, it looks like you are indeed right.
Since Aryeonos kinda waived this one, I will do it right the next time it comes up.

So can I set my one slot of soundfilter to notice me whenever gunfire get's noticed and not filter my other slot which I'm actively listening too?
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #247 on: <03-12-13/1534:00> »
now we are on the right track. It would be nice to have this noted somewhere so if such event happens, someone an say: Hey: I have sound filter set for such conditions. in 8 people we are possibly able to monitor wide specter of sound patterns ;)

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #248 on: <03-12-13/1539:20> »
I should really start to go over all of your characters,just to know who to ask if I want need to know something specific.
Like "which (para) critter makes clicking noises".

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #249 on: <03-12-13/1629:54> »
And here comes Tacnet to the play. We can discuss this things, or, since Select sound filter is one of sensory inputs for the tacnet, we can just accept the fact that we all have Tacnet bons even for Perception and forget about that :)

Really...it does matter in 3 man team when you have your specialization and no tacnet exists. In this 8 wo/men squad I dont think it would be manageable...

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #250 on: <03-12-13/1656:22> »
I used to compile lists just for myself who knows/can do what when I wasn't used to the team yet,maybe I'll make one for this too.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #251 on: <03-12-13/1706:36> »
Hey. Did I just hear first thing that really belongs to Leadership? Fenrir silently applauds :)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <03-12-13/1715:37> »
I used to compile lists just for myself who knows/can do what when I wasn't used to the team yet,maybe I'll make one for this too.

Well, I'm pretty well the best at encryption, and likely to be the one flying the main plane. My character probably has one of the better skills for tactical deployment (Leadership 4 with specialty in Strategy), and I make a good Doc especially with the Valkyrie module seeing as I've got all of the medical skills at 3.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #253 on: <03-12-13/1749:09> »
I can say Nina is pretty good at medicine, thanks to increased mental capacity, intensive training and natural talent, and also specializes on toxins.
She is also highly perceptive with four senses and in combination with K9 she is very good at tracking. She is capable of infiltration and pretty good with long arms/carrying modified hunting riffle. Standard athletic training, including diving and parachute. Also experienced in HtH combat, specilized in Wildcat MA.
Fenrir is hunter&killer. Also able to detect magical threat. Also...able to hunt its prey, scarred as hell, all the day, .

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #254 on: <03-12-13/1750:45> »
I can say Nina is pretty good at medicine, thanks to increased mental capacity, intensive training and natural talent, and also specializes on toxins.
She is also highly perceptive with four senses and in combination with K9 she is very good at tracking. She is capable of infiltration and pretty good with long arms/carrying modified hunting riffle. Standard athletic training, including diving and parachute. Also experienced in HtH combat, specilized in Wildcat MA.
Fenrir is hunter&killer. Also able to detect magical threat. Also...able to hunt its prey, scarred as hell, all the day, .

Yeah, between the two of us, we've got a lot of medical ability :)