NEWS

[OOC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Campaign Adventure

• 548 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #75 on: <02-24-13/2003:44> »
There are scattered weather stations, and research outposts all throughout the area, Megas don't really have any projected influence considering the complete and total lack of infrastructure. On average most outposts are more than 100 kilometers from each other. The area off the cost is frequented by arctic research vessels, and in the summer there are those that vacation and sight see in the area. Though this is rather rare.

Okay , I have to remind everyone my internet will be rather shoddy to non existent over the next week, so just make your rolls and interact as usual until I can check in to answer all the questions and whatnots in one swoop.
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/0224:46> by Aryeonos »
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <02-25-13/0449:29> »
As transport spec is available by the material this one should be answered by them I think:
How many planes will, we be using and how tight is our cargo space, can we easily pack extra gear, that we might need or are we limited to basic gear?
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #77 on: <02-25-13/0502:35> »
Just the remark for GM and daylight: if we are to operate beyond arctic circle, there will possibly be polar day/night.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #78 on: <02-25-13/0513:40> »
We should not dump our questions so much n IC, only the ones our characters would care the most. Red is a tactician, or at least i hope to play him that way, se he is interested in making the mission a success, he believes that TriSeq will know what planes to send to get all cargo and to ensure it is possible to do, there are people that get payed to do it, but we are payed to secure the locations and find it and any survivors or Enemies.

@GM
Will TriSeq provide a parachuting skill-soft for Red, and the other infiltrator( Antal if i am not mistaken) to let them down on first recon on a fly by, then when they have secured the landing spot , the VTOL's can land :) this way we could even go on a recon while the others hide the planes we came in and secure the base of operation.

others are welcome to join, but this is running a bit before the time needed

@Sichr
if i am not mistaken its not the Polar circle yet but close enough. The Daylight is scarce in there during winter. the sun rises only a bit over the horizon giving twilight insted of a bright day.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <02-25-13/0521:41> »
In fact oscar peninsula is far beyond arctic circle. Do your homework first, then post ;)

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <02-25-13/0553:08> »
In fact oscar peninsula is far beyond arctic circle. Do your homework first, then post ;)
what i meant this is not the place, the line to have 6 month day and 6 month night.

But you are right that it is beyond the Polar Circle still  it is not midsummer or Christmas gametime :D
RainDragonBar

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <02-25-13/0601:02> »
@Kouryuu
I'm not especially listed as infiltrator but I'ld be up to the challenge,
I pack a parachuting of 10, infiltration of 13.
But I won't force myself into the scout team.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <02-25-13/0610:38> »
@Kouryuu
I'm not especially listed as infiltrator but I'ld be up to the challenge,
I pack a parachuting of 10, infiltration of 13.
But I won't force myself into the scout team.
the more the merrier. :) Red will defiantly like some more help on scouting. :)
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <02-25-13/0630:25> »
Be that almost on the same latitude as Svalbard, night would be from november to february. Imo we will have 1-2 hours of daylight. Good if we are to stay hidden. Bad if we are searching for something :p Nina and her dog are in for recon.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <02-25-13/0638:55> »
Once we handled our ingame disagreement and handled all the questions we need to ask to Sidi Kovskina
(I'm still having trouble telling first name, surname rank, rank translation (lieutenant?) and role name apart, btw).

We can move on to the planning phase.

Also those are indeed the questions I'm thinking my characters would think of, I as a player have more but those are not inside the area of knowledge or interest of my character.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <02-25-13/0650:18> »
Also those are indeed the questions I'm thinking my characters would think of, I as a player have more but those are not inside the area of knowledge or interest of my character.

Red firmly believes that cluttering the mind with unnecessary information will endanger the mission, you will think of unneeded things and it will way longer to get ready. Red believes that the Pilots are responsible for getting the cargo back, they should know what their birds can carry and what not. if by any means we lose all the pilots, the weight of the cargo will be the smallest thing to worry about.
RainDragonBar

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <02-25-13/0705:11> »
I get what Kouryuu is trying to say, and it's that most of the answers are probably written in the documents that were handed to the characters or has been covered in basic training, ie the protocol to get in touch over an unsecured line, the timeframe, how to identify the pilots, etc.

Most probably a lot of questions could be answered in OOC rather than having the GM answer "as was covered in basic training" or "as the documents say". Let's not forget the GM is still human, so most probably a lot of your (valid) questions were answered in our characters' past and/or in events unfolding, but the GM didn't bother posting it in the IC thread.

And please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be condescending in any way. I'm saying this with the friendliest of intentions.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <02-25-13/0742:09> »
Well afaik Red so far is just barking at others and repeating what was said before. As soon as i get to the comp and post the character, i would love to pose a few questions myself and i would rather have them answered, then criticized by others.

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #88 on: <02-25-13/0756:41> »
Kouryuu would you mind not adding in quotes in all your posts in the ic thread, breaks up me reading the flow?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <02-25-13/0815:23> »
I just took the lieutenant by his word and started to ask questions.

Well, better have that trouble and be able to sort it out now and be able to focus later then having a dispute in the worst of situations later.
.oO(
A: "Ok x and y circle clockwise and I circle counter-clockwise ony my signal we do xy"
B: "What? No! who put you in charge, I'll do xz and you do whatever you think is best"
)

Butcher has no problems to subordinate once things are sorted out, he is after all a merc in his soul.