NEWS

[OOC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Campaign Adventure

• 548 Replies

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <02-24-13/0548:56> »
Just scrolled through the char sheets again, and I was right, nobody took the paranoia quality so can we turn that down a bit and pretend were even slightly professional.

Secondly don't know how much you guys know about the phrase foip (find out in play), but I resent giving up information to ROLLplayers. You want to know what the doc is thinking? ask her! what did she mean by that? ask her! why she doesn't seem to care you're full of bullets? well they dont call her bitchdoctor for nothing...

From your dealings with her over the past 6 months you all know Ellena likes having all the facts, is easy to talk to, eager to help people and is not a big fan of secrets and subterfuge. Please continue on that assumption until proven otherwise.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #61 on: <02-24-13/0633:37> »
Sounds like Im missing all the fun :) but even when i dont know what/who made you that angry, i support your arguments. We are not a bunch of CoD ragekids here, and i hope we will be able not just to act mature as players, but also work together as a team, each ones survival depending on cooperation with others. As professionals our characters are well aware of this, and are able to work together without even being forced by chain of command. Keep in mind, that 'solo players' are usualy folowing independent expat career and are trying to avoid the ranks of army at all costs. Such people wont be where our characters are, since non-team elements are usualy supressed or forced to leave during training/probezeit. imo. I hope we will have great time working together since this is game we all love :)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <02-24-13/0714:43> »
The way I see it, as soldiers in a merc army our characters should prioritize objective completion and teamwork/team safety above their personal feelings.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #63 on: <02-24-13/0930:11> »
Not so much angry (although on reflection the wording is a little OTT) more irritated by the complete lack of trust show by a couple of team members after 6 months intensive teambuilding and training. The very first thing my character says was said to be either arrogant or a self-esteem issue when it was no where near either of those...

Plus using social skills against other PCs in most contexts irritates the hell outta me.

Anywho back to professional business as usual! :D
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/0936:34> by Ernie55 »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <02-24-13/0937:17> »
Oh it wouldn't be a big change to my character. I understand the rules quite well. It would simply mean exchanging Adept for Mystic Adept, dropping Improved Reflexes and picking up some spells (one of which being improved reflexes). Overall it wouldn't be a substantiative change to my character, but would allow greater flexibility for him in the future.

I will make up a new version (because its fun for me :) ) and let you make the call.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #65 on: <02-24-13/1112:57> »
Your build is very strange to me already. You're a changeling though your expression is purely internal, and you're a social nightmare, and you power your abilities with your extreme logic...You have no etiquette even though uncouth would impair that. How exactly do you function in a formal setting?

Yeah, y'know, go ahead and take mystic adept, but drop uncouth, that one just makes my brain fizzle for this setting. They are a PMC, but they still use a formal hierarchy and command structure, which requires respect towards your superior officers, and your peers.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1116:40> by Aryeonos »
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <02-24-13/1236:38> »
@Ernie, the big thing is we have 6 month spent "together" but this happened in a vacuum, so I don't know what happened, all the little storys.
And the character of your question, tone, mood, gestures, which makes up over 60% of character interaction is only guessable when only reading what you are saying.

Your description given here helps me alot to better visualize your character.

I won't change the IC text retroactively, because continuity will break, but I now understand the intent of your question better (which was the idea of that judge intentions roll) and also your character.

Since this is the warm up phase of character interaction I won't act on my classification of your perceived characters yet.

And I will ofcourse start to ask questions in game once the situation arises, but in my characters opinion, beeing in the briefing room with a superior in the chain of command (military setting) is, or at least hasn't been the right time to start chitchat about characters.
Once the situation get's less formal and more relaxed, I'm thinking more character interaction will occur.

Nevertheless, I think you handled the situation well with your ingame question/request of sharing.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1405:43> by Thrass »
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <02-24-13/1357:51> »
Aryeonos, could we get a brief run down on the titles and chain of command in TriSeq? Titles like Stárshiy and Starshinas are utterly foreign to me.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <02-24-13/1415:21> »
I looked up starshina, ended up on wikipedia and was like...
err uhm eh ... what?... ah... uh...
apparently we are something like noncomissioned officers?

Which means, none of us has authority over anything.
Also it seems we have the highest non authority rank there is.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <02-24-13/1446:14> »
Thats cool, I can drop Uncouth. I was mainly thinking that someone with his stats would probably have a hard time relating to people. He probably still will, but without Uncouth he might be quite a bit easier to work with. I may pick up some other negative quality that makes more sense for him, maybe something like Sensory Overload which would explain why he wanted to come to the middle of nowhere.

I will send a new sheet soon.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1537:14> by Magnetbox »

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #70 on: <02-24-13/1601:07> »
uncouth the word is allot less extreme than the quality. The quality revolves around complete and total social ineptitude, in the area of an actual disorder. Low charisma means you don't possessive much of a personality, not just that you're a bad speaker, though it's really on how you play it. Charisma is still necessary, but being a social face level person won't do much. Being aware of your social situation to a functioning degree is all that it takes to be a grunt, but to move up in ranks you have to have leadership.

The ranks TriSeq uses are similar to the russian federations, though there aren't any non commissioned personal because it's a Private Military company.
Here is basically what I'm going off of.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <02-24-13/1636:44> »
Can we get some idea of what's in the physical report we were handed? I don't want to ask redundant questions only to have the big scary lieutenant bark at me that it's in the report.

He's interested in:
-Who exactly the 4 crew members were. Civilian pilots? Armed soldiers or security team members? Illegal smugglers? Some combination of both?
-What time of day (roughly) we'll be landing? This will affect whether we want to summon spirits before or after...
-If the attack isn't politically motivated, does the TriSeq or the client have any guesses as to who might do this? I'd guess not, but worth asking...

Any of this information that isn't in the report, Omeed will ask. But otherwise he won't waste time asking redundant questions.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #72 on: <02-24-13/1640:08> »
yes, for any details regarding what you read here would be a good area to ask them, it'd be easier to go over your collective findings here.

The report reads that the pilots were private shipping pilots, there aren't any specific details on them though. The plane was (Crunch wise) an Ares Dakota. General information wise, or common practice, is using 4 pilots that swap shifts for long haul multiple layover cargo runs, this aircraft is capable of short takeoffs and landings on the most basic of runways so it can operate and take off from very remote locations.

Your arrival time is up to the pilots, though at top speed the flight would take a little over 6 hours, in good weather, while there aren't any major storms along the flight path it is very windy, but the flight path should take you under most radars and disguise the approach.  The aircraft signature profile is extremely low, so even if you do end up within range of any sensors it would be difficult for them to pick up on your vehicles.

Because it is winter it is only light for about 4-6 hours every day between 8PM to 4 AM, with mostly only twilight levels of visibility. That is without the cloud cover which is currently quite extensive. So your approach will very likely be under cover of darkness.

The client claims to be commercial entity though their actual personal details are unknown to you and by extension TriSeq, all information was relayed to them by a representative. The fact that it took them 2 days to ask for help indicates that they may have already attempted to resolve the situation its own, or more likely, they spent those 2 days weighing their cost options and have decided to hire someone to deal with he situation.
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/1711:49> by Aryeonos »

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #73 on: <02-24-13/1745:20> »
Looking at the maps, how far is it to the nearest base or town?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #74 on: <02-24-13/1837:49> »
I looked up starshina, ended up on wikipedia and was like...
err uhm eh ... what?... ah... uh...
apparently we are something like noncomissioned officers?

Which means, none of us has authority over anything.
Also it seems we have the highest non authority rank there is.

in fact, stašina means something like "an elder" when transcripted into english. Used to be the title cossacks used in history...close to sergeaent IMO...nad adopted by spetznas ;)

Register