NEWS

[OOC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Campaign Adventure

• 548 Replies

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #45 on: <02-22-13/1553:32> »
Yes purple is better.

do we all are required to use your color pattern, or can we use ours if the signature is given.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <02-22-13/1611:42> »
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <02-22-13/1627:42> »
Visual Perception (14d6.hits(5)=5)
rolling again forgot the -4
Visual Perception with -4 dice (10d6.hits(5)=3)
and
Audio Perception (11d6.hits(5)=4)

I'm not noticing Red
I got lucky on that roll :)
but that's how a sneaker will do , would have loved to have chemical seal in my FF-FBS so my odor is not all over the room. maybe a thing for the future.

this is just a fun thing, so everybody can roll when entering the room. :)
RainDragonBar

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <02-22-13/1711:31> »
Ah finally the game is on! :D

I gave credit to that lucky roll IC ;)

And although he has 14 dice, he's not specialized to counter sneakers.

I got a question to the campaign and maybe I should've asked already at chargen:
When and how often will Edge refresh?

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #49 on: <02-22-13/1737:11> »
okay be sure to put your rolls in IC in spoiler tags so I have a timeframe reference of exactly when and what the roll pertains to.

Edge will be refreshed during story lows or calms, because we don't have set sessions. So it could be 3 or more times a run.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <02-22-13/1755:23> »
Ok, nice (edge)
Yes I'll keep rolls in the IC thread and will add these notice rolls over there too.

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <02-23-13/1119:17> »
Hey GM, would you have a problem with me changing my character to a mystic adept?

Its not a necessity or anything, I just thought it could give me a bit more utility in the long run. I will not be primarily a mage, however having the ability to cast a few spells could be invaluable at times.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <02-23-13/1220:35> »
Hey GM, would you have a problem with me changing my character to a mystic adept?

Its not a necessity or anything, I just thought it could give me a bit more utility in the long run. I will not be primarily a mage, however having the ability to cast a few spells could be invaluable at times.
We do have two mages on the team already, just FYI.

How will contacts work in this game, in general? The few times I've played Shadowrun in the past, the "briefing" section of the game usually involved everybody sending out a flurry of messages to their contacts to track down leads and stuff. And it occurred to me that one of Omeed's contacts could possibly potentially notice an influx of stolen magic stuff flooding the market. But on the other hand, it's a military operation and something we'd likely want to keep secret, right?

Just wondering how/if contacts will come in to play.
« Last Edit: <02-23-13/1223:59> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <02-23-13/1250:26> »
Oh yeah, I realize we already have mages. I was just thinking that it ends up being a better use of my magic attribute. I promise not to step on any toes, it simply makes my character a good deal more flexible in the future.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <02-23-13/1350:56> »
Oh yeah, I realize we already have mages. I was just thinking that it ends up being a better use of my magic attribute. I promise not to step on any toes, it simply makes my character a good deal more flexible in the future.
you would lose 1 magic point in adept skills, and anything above force 1 would do phisica/ damage.

Mystic adept splits It's magic atribute two ways. The adept part does not count toward spellcasting. And the mage part dors not give adepts powers. Basicaly you can have M(magic)6 adept or adept M3/mage M3 Or mage M6. Total Magic attribute still 6.

I do not see why you would like to do so?
RainDragonBar

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <02-23-13/1414:01> »
Advantages:
- You can have rank 4 counterspelling + a specialization worth 2 dice in combat spells which gives you 6 more dice to resist combat spells and 4 for manipulation/illusion spells.
- With a shapechange Human spell you can change your form and get 1 point to all physical stats even when casting at force 1, you can push by 2 points if going for force 2 (and a force 2 sustaining focus is provided as gear but costs karma ofcourse)
- With karma you can cast force 1 spells and achieve more then 1 hit.
- You can cast utility spells like levitate (1 hit per 200 kg means a force 1 spell can probably lift yourself depending on metatype and modifiers) which means you basically need not climb ever and stuff like that.
- You can take metamagic that is only allowed for mages and mystic adepts
- You can summon watchers and low force spirits to do simple tasks like search, deliver message, distract, whatever.

There is quite a list of what can be done with 1 magic, also since the anniversary edition he can use his full magic attribute to determine maximum spell/spirit force, not wanting to start a discussion, in case anyone thinks otherwise Aryeonos should read the rule(s) and decide this once it comes up.

I've got latent awakening myself and I'm quite curious which type it'll be.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #56 on: <02-23-13/1509:15> »
My advice would be to stick with character you created and rules youve learned. If sometimes in the future the need or desire shall arise to upgrade or broade your power, there is always an option to upgrade your awakened quality with karma and use initiation and magic attribute increase to develop mystic talent. If you find an agreement with gm, that is. IMO it is not explicitly forbiden by RAW.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <02-23-13/1547:36> »
It's not explicitly forbidden to do this, but neither is there any reference to do so anywhere.

I'ld too advise to stick to the character, but in the end it's not mine.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #59 on: <02-24-13/0317:25> »
Unless you're absolutely certain you don't like your character and want a do over, and I mean, you suddenly had an epiphany of what your true RP character would look like I'd like for everyone to stay within the character they already have. If you wanna tweak your guy a little here and there before the briefing is over...right now, then that's fine. But, well yeah.

Oh , I wanna give everyone heads up, I'm not so sure on my inter-webs consistency over the next week or so, so if you only see a post from me at around an odd hour every day then that's why. I would encourage you all to talk amongst yourself in character during conversation times as well.

Okay, I know this is shadowrun, but you've all been training together for the last 6 months, it's a very small base off less than 100 people. Just keep that in mind,
« Last Edit: <02-24-13/0337:07> by Aryeonos »
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!