NEWS

[IC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Company Adventure

• 340 Replies

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #150 on: <03-17-13/1041:36> »
Butcher was strapping in too.

com: we could always wait for the noise, and not to forget these are supposed to be stealth crafts, so they shouldn't be too noisy.
But since we have jumped in riggers and are split on two planes it's time to switch, you are right.

Butcher brought up the planes sensors and gunnery controls on his AR interface.

Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Nathen

• Chummer
« Reply #151 on: <03-18-13/0154:43> »
Nico grips the controls and preps for liftoff keeping his eyes on the gauges for any early warning signs of future problems to come declining to "jump in" preferring the enclosed feeling that the craft provided.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <03-18-13/0202:14> »
Once in the air, Viktor sends over the team network, <<<All right. While we're en route, it would be much easier to keep the tactical network secure if everyone would slave their comm-links to my system.>>>
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #153 on: <03-18-13/0844:24> »
Fisher does as Victor suggests. He makes sure all his channels are active and connected to the system. As soon as they are at their cruising speed and the "captain" gives them the sign, he gets out of his seat and prepares a small space for a summoning ritual. He also arranges the required material for the longer, more difficult binding ritual and begins his incantations.

[SPOILER]Summoning a force 5 fire spirit: Summoning 4 + Magic 5 + Power Focus 4 (13d6.hits(5)=4)

Spirit opposed summoning: Spirit force 5 (5d6.hits(5)=2)

So that leaves me with 2 services and 4 drain to resist. Log 5 + Wil 5 + Focused Concentration 2 + Initiation 1 (13d6.hits(5)=2) so 2 drain from the summoning. I choose Guard as the spirit's optional power.

Now on to the binding.

Fisher Binding test: Binding 4 + Magic 5 + Power Focus 4 (13d6.hits(5)=3)

Spirit opposed test: Force X 2 (10d6.hits(5)=0)

Wow, my lucky day! Spirit got absolutely no hits. My 3 hits then add 2 to my services pool, for a grand total of 4 services owed after all is said and done.

2 DV to resist so I'll buy them unless the GM wants a roll on that.

Altogether, that's Ą2,500 out of Fisher's pay for the materials and a bound force 5 fire spirit :)[/SPOILER]
« Last Edit: <03-22-13/0321:37> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Nathen

• Chummer
« Reply #154 on: <03-18-13/2041:16> »
Nico Slaves his link to the suggested system.

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <03-18-13/2102:46> »
Butcher dropped his private files to an encrypted container and slaved his link to Viktor's, checking that the feeds were still live.
The encryption wouldn't hinder anyone with any decrypt program, but it was a clear sign it was private.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <03-19-13/2026:48> »
Omeed obediently slaved his commlink to Victor, as requested. Once the flight was stable enough, he rose from his seat and joined Fisher in the ritual. He inhaled deeply, willing a being from the deep astral places into existence.

[spoiler]Magic time! Going for a Force 5 Spirit of Man
Summoning (4) + Magic (4) + Focus (4) = (12d6.hits(5) =4)
Spirit's Opposed Roll = (5d6.hits(5) =1)
That's 3 net hits, meaning 3 services to start, right?
Drain is Spirit's hits x 2, so I have to resist 2 Drain.
Will (5) + Logic (5) + Centering (1) = (11d6.hits(5)=5)
Drain fully resisted.[/spoiler]

If Fisher (and any peeping astral being that happened to be nearby) bothered to look into the astral, they would see a strange-looking humanoid form materialize in the astral space before Omeed. It looked rather like an ordinary human, but a strangely blank and featureless one, rather like a clone that was released from the vat a few months too early. The spirit addressed Omeed telepathically: "Father-Master-Donor, what is your bidding?" Omeed didn't bother responding to the homunculus spirit, knowing that it would await his command. Instead, he began gathering materials for the binding ritual.
« Last Edit: <03-20-13/1348:30> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #157 on: <03-20-13/1736:22> »
Butcher relaxed for the flight and made himself ready for some sleep.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <03-21-13/0910:06> »
With his binding materials in place, Omeed began the hours-long ritual, the whole time pointedly ignoring the dead-eyed gaze of the spirit he'd summoned.

[spoiler]Binding (4) + Magic (4) + Focus (4) = (12d6.hits(5)=5)
Spirit's opposed: Force x 2 (10) = (10d6.hits(5)=5)
Well... shit. Resisting 10(!) Drain... hopefully...
Will (5) + Logic (5) + Centering (1) = (11d6.hits(5)=4)
Looks like I fail at Binding and take 6 damage in Drain for my trouble. That thoroughly sucked.
EDIT: Using Edge to re-roll failures = (7d6.hits(5)=1)
With Edge, I manage to succeed at the binding... just barely.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-22-13/1002:58> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #159 on: <03-21-13/1530:42> »
Ellena hooked her commlink into Viktor's at his request. <<Happy now, Mr Pilot? How goes the flight? I can't really tell as this is the smoothest ride I've flown in. We making good time?>>

Then she settled in and watched the mages at work, enjoying watching them work at something completely unknowable to her. That was until something visibly something started going wrong with Omeed. Concern edging her voice she said Everything alright chummer? Looks like something isn't agreeing with you right about now...
Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #160 on: <03-21-13/1601:16> »
Tacnet provided by biomonitor data immediately notices the injury and sends the signal to Ninas sleep regulator. One moment she was deep in delta wawes, next moment she is awake and ready. She skips REM phase and everything related to it. On one side it means that she hadnt had dreams longer that she recalls. On the other side...dreams in her condition are nothing to hunger for.
By the feeling and tacnet info they were airborne. She quickly recognizes the place being used for some kind of ritual, and noticing Fenrir`s bristly fur it was clear something went wrong during the ritual.
She immediately joins Ellena in attempt to minimize the impact of situation on Omeeds combat performance.

[spoiler]Logic(6)+Medicine(3)+Healer(2) (11d6.hits(5)=3)
since Ive rolled first I`ll just add dices to teamwork test for Ellena. Also I`ve rolled without using medkit [/spoiler]

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #161 on: <03-22-13/0520:24> »
Fisher gets in the middle of the binding circle and slips into a trance. He first channels his energies towards summoning a spirit, something strong enough to be able to help them in this icy desert. He focuses his mind on the image of a fire warrior. After a few moments of concentration, his efforts are rewarded with the apparition of a small flicker of a flame. As he endures a growing headache, the flicker grows in size and something much bigger materializes in front of him.

"Why do you disturb me, human?" asks the apparition to Fisher. "My name is Richard Fisher and I require your assistance, mighty fire warrior" answers Fisher to the spirit. Richard hears "My help will not come easy. You first need to prove yourself worthy of my time, human" before feeling a powerful push at his soul, a push strong enough to make his body jerk in the meat world. "I can assure you you will find in me a worthy opponent, spirit" answers Fisher before shoving the spirit. What ensues is a fight that can only be described as an astral showdown. The battle lasts several hours, at which point Fisher emerges on top.

"Underestimating me was what ultimately sealed the outcome of this duel" says Fisher to the spirit. "I won't make that same mistake twice, Richard Fisher. My power is your to command for now, use it wisely" retorts the spirit before being dismissed back to its home dimension.

Fisher opens his eyes, sweating and panting heavily. He then turns around to face his teammates and asks casually "How long before we eat, lads?"
« Last Edit: <03-22-13/0523:17> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <03-22-13/0612:03> »
After sleeping for several hours, butcher joined the others for the meal.
Soy food with soy coffee and soy... he didn't care anymore, maybe a side effect of all the metal and conditioning, but food was more of a necessity, rather then anything to enjoy, then ever before.

Then butcher started to work out.
Useless for the artificial body, but still he couldn't let go of the habit.

Then he started to dis- and re- assemble his weapons and to go through his lubrication routine.
Artificial limbs yes, but apparently they needed the same amount of care.
He was rather silent not talking very much, the whole time.

He was ready to skip the boring part and get something to do.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #163 on: <03-22-13/1009:30> »
Omeed felt the pressure building slowly over the course of the ritual. The homunculus was obstinate, thrashing in resistance the entire time. When the ritual was finished, Omeed groaned, nearly slumping over. His head was pounding and it felt like his abdomen was on fire. This was his first attempt at serious magic since his "upgrades," and it seemed he wasn't quite used to his new body just yet.

"I'm alright," Omeed said, trying to reassure the medics coming to check on him, but not resisting their attempts to adminster aid, either. "The spirit fought me, but I managed to bind him in the end."
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #164 on: <03-22-13/2210:39> »
"Bakgat, bru!" exclaims Fisher upon hearing the good news from Omeed. He waves at the meal and says "Get yourself patched up and join us for some soy delicacies."

Fisher eats a few bits an morsels before strapping himself back down in his seat and trying to relax. He does want to be ready for when they land and he needed to get rid of that headache.

[SPOILER]Resting for an hour Body 4 + Wil 5 (9d6.hits(5)=5)
Talk about a good roll. Wish I had banked that one for something else.[/SPOILER]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register