NEWS

Armors Concepts

• 7 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« on: <12-02-11/1752:43> »
I found some interresting arts related to Future armor Design. Maybe some of them we are wearing on military grade runs...

http://www.mikeanash.com/p/hard-surface-bust.html

http://bulgarov.cghub.com/images/

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1 on: <12-03-11/1729:06> »
The first link reminds me of what military grade armor types might look like, but it's WAY too bulky to be an infiltration suit.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #2 on: <12-03-11/1743:15> »
Rhat is for sure...well Chameleon coating, Movement upgrade and thermal dampening may help with this issues a bit. Well it would still be more frontline armor than  infil suite...

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-04-11/0552:32> »
If you want a cool armour concept, I suggest reading Dale Brown's Tin Man.  If I recall correctly (it's been a while since I read it) he used some sort of piezzo-electric material that's normally soft and flexible, but when there's an impact (like a bullet, or if you jump from a running car) the material hardens and protects you.  It comes with a battery pack, jet's in the boots (to jump large distances) and a helmet with eyeball tracked diagnostics, NVGs and so on.  I think something like that would make a very nice shadowrun armour.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <12-05-11/1321:20> »
some sort of piezzo-electric material that's normally soft and flexible, but when there's an impact (like a bullet, or if you jump from a running car) the material hardens and protects you.
More or less what gel packs in SR do.

Only using shear-thickening material rather than piezoelectric.

-k

Barracuda_Kali

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-05-11/1404:43> »
Yeah, I figured gel packs are nanolubricant, microscopic balls of carbon that act like a non-Newtonian fluid, a technology being looked at for armor gel packs right now.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #6 on: <12-06-11/0909:23> »
Yeah, I figured gel packs are nanolubricant, microscopic balls of carbon that act like a non-Newtonian fluid, a technology being looked at for armor gel packs right now.

What do you mean "looked at"? Take a look at D3O (letter "o", not Zero), it's already making PPP + Gel Packs a reality.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Argent

• Chummer
  • Doh! Wrong ammo clip!
« Reply #7 on: <12-06-11/2246:41> »
Nice concepts in the links. Thanks for sharing.
Running the shadows since 1989.

Register