NEWS

Classic World Of Darkness Equipment?

• 13 Replies

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« on: <12-30-11/2325:09> »
With the release of the Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition, I'm launching a new mope in January. I was surprise that the PDF product seems to be completely without any kind of equipment list, though. Can anybody tell me which White Wolf product I should get so I can have some guns in my Vampire game? I found Armory and Armory: Reloaded, but those are for the World of Darkness, not the classic World of Darkness. Would the Armory books be compatible? If not, what book am I after?

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: <12-31-11/0049:44> »
Just as an FYI, the conventional terms are "new" and "old", abbreviated as nWoD and oWoD.

As for equipment, a quick Google of "owod" and "guns" got me this finely crafted LINK. You might want to copy the tables down to local files since the site apparently hasn't been updated since '06, and I don't know how stable the place is.

“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-31-11/0949:02> »
So White Wolf really published an anniversary edition without any kind of equipment list? I have a growing suspicion that the quality of role-playing games is deteriorating.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <12-31-11/1558:43> »
So White Wolf really published an anniversary edition without any kind of equipment list? I have a growing suspicion that the quality of role-playing games is deteriorating.
All written work is deteriorating in quality.  Writers and editors are getting lazier and lazier due to computers that do their jobs for them.

CGL is doing a good job of keeping in check against that, BTW.  Well, save for Errata.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #4 on: <12-31-11/1815:47> »
There is a chart on page 281 of the V20 book with firearms on it, near it is also combat maneuvers, and melee weapons. 
Andrew Grim

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #5 on: <12-31-11/2241:50> »
For VtM 3rd edition, The Storyteller Companion page 45, if you like more choice and doesn't mind a little tweaking, there's a more exhaustive list of various equipment from guns to armor and accessories.
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-11-12/0231:22> »
Simagal is right, there is a short equipment list. It's just not listed in the table of contents, the PDF bookmarks, or in the index under Equipment or Weapons, so I had some trouble finding it.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #7 on: <01-11-12/0442:26> »
WoD books has never been known for their good indexes  :(

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #8 on: <01-16-12/1309:16> »
One of the advantages of the wod games is that you can use a Sears Catalog (do they even print one) for most gear. Most car manufacturers price out cars. Most players seem to want Armani suits or something from a surplus store and a Desert Eagle. 
Andrew Grim

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #9 on: <01-16-12/1325:37> »
One of the advantages of the wod games is that you can use a Sears Catalog (do they even print one) for most gear. Most car manufacturers price out cars. Most players seem to want Armani suits or something from a surplus store and a Desert Eagle.

I must be strange. I went with an expensive leather jacket (biker, not trenchcoat), jeans, t-shirt, and a Bastard Sword made with Body Armory.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #10 on: <01-16-12/1403:33> »
In my experience in oWoD, if you're using much gear, somethings already going straight to schwa.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #11 on: <01-17-12/1401:18> »
It's White Wolf. What were you expecting?
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #12 on: <01-17-12/1522:44> »
Alright I didn't say anything about that yet because I figured someone would eventually find it. But it seems it's just going to be WW bashing. There is a weapon and armor charts in the VtM 20th Anniversary Edition. Page 280 and 281 in fact. It took me a few seconds using the index of the book. There's a weapon entry in the index which highlight in bold characters the page with the main information on weapons (in the case, the charts). I agree, WW isn't known for their good indexes and some would go as far as to say that their books are very disorganized. But they don't leave out things like weapons. I personally bought the VtM 20th Edition, mainly by nostalgia of VtM. I have it on hardcover (the book is pretty awesome) and in PDF version (both included in the price). I haven't finished reading it yet but so far, it's pretty much the same as the Revised Edition and all the main supplements in only one book of over 500 pages, with slight changes to the overall system including the disciplines (which so far I approve on nearly all of them). The book was received positively by fans and critiques alike. The only thing negative I have to say about it is that although it was worth every penny for what I got, it was pretty expensive for those who would have liked a smaller, less expensive version of the game.
« Last Edit: <01-17-12/1527:23> by Smiley »
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #13 on: <01-17-12/1752:20> »
As a White Wolf fan equally as lost as OP on that, thanks Smiley.