NEWS

synthetic cyber limbs still obvious :(

• 7 Replies

gourry187

• Newb
« on: <06-22-11/1157:39> »
the SR4A book states that synthetic cyberlimbs appear normal (Perception + Intuition(3)) test to notice . . . however it is obvious to the touch.  Is there some hidden mod that makes a cyberlimb seem natural both to sight and touch?

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <06-22-11/1210:07> »
Nothing I have found.

I don't know why the mimic modification for drones (AR 139) couldn't be used, but there's no rules in place for it.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #2 on: <06-22-11/1317:25> »
Get Orthoskin.
Yes, it works with cyberlimbs as of SR4.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <06-22-11/1321:05> »
Get Orthoskin.

SR4A 346: "Orthoskin weaves an energy-diffusing material just beneath the skin..."

The B/I is cumulative with cyberlimbs, but I don't think it can hide synthetic cyberlimbs.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-22-11/1517:46> »
Orthoskin or dermal armor or dermal sheath should/could be made to feel just as fake as the cyberlimbs.
So rather than just your limbs, your whole body feels uniformly fake . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <06-22-11/1522:55> »
Orthoskin or dermal armor or dermal sheath should/could be made to feel just as fake as the cyberlimbs.
Which means you'll fit in all the more in LA.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-22-11/1546:30> »
Which means you'll fit in all the more in LA.  :P
That's something i did not even think of when i wrote that, thank you . .
My thinking is: if i can not make my limbs feel less fake, i will make the rest of me feel more fake so nobody can tell the difference . .

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <06-22-11/1707:24> »
Glad to be of service.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11