NEWS

Head case magician (Lockdown spoilers)

• 4 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« on: <02-25-16/0243:57> »
So if a magician is infected with CFD, does the new personality have access to all of their magical ability?  I'm running a lockdown campaign and the mage the party can meet in Four Corners is (unbeknownst to the PCs) infected, carrying a fully formed Deus personality (compliments of Little Abigail).  If she can do all that hacking shit from the lockdown strain CFD AND use her spells, she's going to become the primary agent of this collective of Deus-infected head cases that are going to be central to my campaign.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-25-16/0251:26> »
I think CFD as such doesnt put any limitation on your magical talents- naturally the new personality might not have the full grasp of things- at least in the beginning. But in the long run nothing would prevent the magical dude with a new personality to throw fireballs and what not.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-25-16/0259:08> »
Mind you it was fluff, but one of the early CFD stories talked about a magical group who had several members infected; one of them was able to cast a combat spell. So there is some precedent for it.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <02-25-16/0317:09> »
Whether they retain abilities or not is case by case as far as I remember, but since the infection does not drain their essence and has nothing to do with resonance then they can retain all of their abilities.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #4 on: <02-25-16/0834:37> »
I would think many mentor spirits would abandon one so infected.

I thought that part of what the order of the Phoenix (might have the name garbled -- something like that) was doing these days was helping infected recover their magic (having purged thenon infected at their new year bash)?