NEWS

Favorite metahuman race?

• 26 Replies

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-19-15/0335:06> »
Never played anything other than a human.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <02-19-15/1142:30> »
Meh, whichever.

MadBear

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <02-19-15/1152:14> »
There's an old SR saying: Which is your favorite race in Shadowrun, and why is it Orc?
To me, not only are Orcs just so damn much fun to play, they personify the setting more than any other race.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
-Dr Suess

mjack

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <02-19-15/1608:39> »
There's an old SR saying: Which is your favorite race in Shadowrun, and why is it Orc?
To me, not only are Orcs just so damn much fun to play, they personify the setting more than any other race.
Maybe the less dystopic about the SR Universe compared to some other games … Orcs are aboard and not just ordinary critters for slaughter. I really love playing them as well as Hobgoblins and Ogres (at least until Run Faster was published). Trolls are not my favorite, but it is also nice that they are officially part of metahumanity. As a GM it is very comfortable to have a lot of different species around to toy with.

NovaHot1

• Chummer
  • Kind when I can be. Bastard when I have to be.
« Reply #19 on: <02-19-15/1939:01> »
Meh, whichever.

Says Mr. Elf himself.
Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #20 on: <02-19-15/2052:34> »
Meh, whichever.
Says Mr. Elf himself.
Too true.

That said, whatever race allows me to be sharp and fast - which for Shadowrun is elf, for the most part.  Having played other 'non-elf or elf-like' races in other RPGs, I can understand the allure of the others, and their uses, and their RP - but I just prefer being smart and fast.  :/
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <02-19-15/2116:41> »
As a black trenchy down to the spine, humans are by far the preferred basis for each character for me.
Obviously depending on the setting other metas, mainly orcs as brawlers and elfs as smoothies, have their uses.

I do not like to play metas of alien sizes such as trolls and dwarfs. Six feet tall is just so comfy.
(The dwarf joke collecting dwarf was kinda sweet though)
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« Reply #22 on: <02-20-15/1906:39> »
Pixies - because anyoing and fun

But my gms don’t allow me to play one. D:

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #23 on: <02-20-15/2123:58> »
I agree with your GM. I would geek any Pixie PC as soon as they are introduced or capture them in an inescapable cheese bell, just like Tinkerbell ESPECIALLY because people think they are annoying and "fun". More like disrupting and do not fit in.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #24 on: <02-20-15/2137:24> »
Pixies can be fun.  That's really dependent on how they're played.  Annoying to other players or the GM sucks; annoying the bad guys and doing awesome stuff is great.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #25 on: <02-21-15/0545:01> »
The only Pixie PC I've even come across is Raef "Ravenblood Blackwolf Deathblade" from the Gamer's Tavern Podcast (come on guys, post some episodes already!).

If the typical Pixie character is anything like this one then I agree with the ironically names PiXeL01 above!

Personally I play humans, mainly because I don't have to worry too much about trying to adopt an alien (to me) mindset.  I am drawn towards the idea of playing a Troll, but would want to steer clear of the standard "Trog is strong" trope.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Sternenwind

• Chummer
  • ~maunz~
« Reply #26 on: <02-21-15/0551:01> »
Nobody likes pixies. :(
In that case humans, because they are anoying and fun.

Register