NEWS

[IC] Truth or Dare

• 89 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #75 on: <01-20-15/0044:12> »
bnc looks him straight into the face. "Jeez, omae, that's a real good question. Lemme think..."
And think she does.

"I guess running off with a random troll shadowrunner leaving behind everything I ever knew is definitely a candidate. But then, you all know this already, and don't wanna be the party pooper of my own party, do I?"
She again racks her mind, then her expression grows serious, as she nods to herself.

"I was seventeen. I was the most wiz codeslinger I knew, and I knew some codeslingers back then. But I lacked a proper sword. That is, that piece of gear that is as dear to any decker as a sword is to a samurai worth his name. I ran on Renate, as I called my deck. I called her Renate, because it wasn't even an Erika."
As she sees the confused expressions on some of the faces, she adds: "Erika MCD-1 is the name of one of the cheapest decks you get. A blunt Wakizashi, to stick to my metaphor. Renate was hardly worth being called a dagger.
Then came Dan. Dunno why, but many Austrians have a knack for English, French or Spanish names nowadays. He was the gang leader of the gang I was hanging out with at this time. He said, some fellas poked their noses a little too far into their territory. And one of them had a headware cyberdeck. Used to have, that is.
A real mucho grande wiz Novatech Navigator. A proper katana, amigos. But he named a price. A big price.
The fifty kay were not a problem. I mean, they were a problem but fifty grand for a Novatech was nothing.
Then there was the banging part. I was seventeen, remember.
The most insane thing was the Whoom story, though. Dan attempted to join the drug dealing business and attempted to mix that stuff himself. He had no real clue, though, so he needed someone to test it without word being spread and his reputation being ruined before he had a single customer. He wanted me to try his cheap self-brewn stuff."

She remains silent for a moment, then adds:

"I rose to the bait. I would have done anything for my dear Nova."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <01-20-15/0734:55> »
Torrent gives bnc an approving nod.

"Anything for a brighter future, right?Nothing there for us, unless we earn it.Well done kid."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #77 on: <01-20-15/2122:54> »
Krestov remained surprisingly silent during and for a few moments after this story, his expression hardening a bit.  He smirked a little, finally, shaking his head.  "Indeed.  Though I have a feeling stealing your deck as and April Fool's joke will be harder to do, knowing this information, eh Slobbertooth?  ...now I know why my bike would drive itself all the time."  He shrugged, trying intentionally to avoid bringing up the conditions of acquiring such a device.  Best to let that one go.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <01-21-15/0251:41> »
bnc nods. "I'm still not entirely sure this falls under the category insane. After all, it would have been outragiously stupid not to do anything for this amazing pair of wings.

And yeah, I would appreciate if you would not remove my deck from its current location..."

The young decker takes the bottle and puts it on the table. "Okay, let's get going, boys"
Then she spins it3

"Oh, look now"
She smirks.
"Well, big un. Who is the person you fear most on Earth? Or: Speak only in rhymes for the remainder of the game."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #79 on: <01-30-15/2258:16> »
Krestov blinked, giving a little sigh and a smirk.  "Speak in rhymes, I do have trouble.  So I must hate to bursting bubble"  He gave a pause, glancing to the others before responding.  "That is not easy question...the person I fearing most has to be myself.  What I do, what I may do wrong.  I have to live with all mistakes made, and cannot change them.  Simple"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #80 on: <01-30-15/2308:44> »
"That doesn't count. I'm sure you have enemies more terryfying and less under control than yourself!"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #81 on: <02-06-15/1257:28> »
He gave a smirk, nodding his head slowly as he took a bite of his gyro.  "Aye...that I do, and at the moment, I call them friends."  He shot each of them a look, ensuring his jest was meant as such before giving a sigh.  "That is best answer I can give.  My past left behind, no enemies for me to know of."  And with that, he picked up the bottle, stretching an arm before giving it a spin: 1d4 2, watching it land on Torrent.

"Hmm...this game getting difficult to think of question.  Truth.  What would it take for you to leave shadows..retire, is that word?  And Dare...dance with bnc.  Classic style.  I'm sure can be done"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <03-02-15/0438:45> »
Torrent moves to stand in front of bnc.With a formal bow he extends his hand , his  palm open.There's not a  hint of sarcasm in his voice:

"My lady!May I have this dance?"

He takes her hand and leads her to the center of the room.

"Well, this is like waltz, but it makes you feel alive.So eventhough it's not classic style, I hope the audience will find it enjoyable."

He sends his commlink a message to play this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPGEYRhQ_Kg

and dances the foxtrot :

Gymnastics test: 12d6t5 6

Performance test: 9d6t5 4

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <03-02-15/0629:35> »
bnc almost spits out her beer, bursting with laughter.
"Just - no way! I never..."

"My lady!May I have this dance?"
She falls silent for a second, almost blushing.

"Self-monitor, shut your fucking mouth. I don't even wanna know why the hell I'm schmähstaad!"
Self-monitor: "Honestly, bnc, this time I can't help you anyway. Back in Austria or basically any Western country that is not America this amount of twisting bottle necks, alcohol and time would have led to far, far, far, far, far, far worse than an innocent dance. And you never hesitated before. Guess he caught you off-guard."
bnc: "Shut up"

"Gladly, Sir."
She gets up and follows Torrent. Longing for some Whoom to relax a bit but knowing that it wouldn't work quickly enough she focusses on being drunk at least, then gives her best to let her lead through the room:

Gymnastics 1d6.hits(5)=1
Performance 1d6.hits(5)=0

Well, her best obviously isn't terribly good but you can tell she at least tried. She has difficulties to let herself go, to react properly to him leading her, and though he's an amazing dancer it looks somehow awkward.

When the song is finished, bnc makes up for what she missed and attaches a Whoom patch on the back of her neck. Smiling when the drug takes effect she says:
"Boys, are you familiar with the rules of Never Have I Ever?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <03-02-15/0834:32> »
Slobbertooth shakes his head. "Not yet." He fumbles around with his glasses, clearly using the image link to search AR for the game. "Now I am." He confusedly darts his eyes from whatever he is viewing in AR to bnc, back to AR, then to Krestov, and then back to AR, and then finally back to bnc. "Alcohol poisoning can't be any worse than what she already has."

"Are we playing to 'ten fingers,' or until the alcohol forces a person to retire for the evening?" 

"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <03-02-15/1048:37> »
"First the prior, then the latter?
I suggest the size of the size be proportionate to the size of the drinker. So-ka?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <03-02-15/1357:42> »
Slobbertooth cracked a smile. "I don't think we have any antique thimbles, so you might have to drink a bit above your weight limit."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #87 on: <03-02-15/2023:07> »
Krestov spoke after the ork, not missing a beat.  "On other side, do not think we have barrels in kitchen."  He withdrew his flask, setting it on table with a nod.  "Alcohol strength should suffice...I know not game, but willing to learn as go.  Begin maybe?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #88 on: <03-02-15/2229:58> »
She flashes a smile. "Let's see whether I get these Americans out of their conservative Protestant shells with this game!

"The rules are quite easy. When it's your turn you say something you've never done but you assume many of your comrades have. If so, they have to drink a sip, and raise a finger. Once the ten's full, they're out.
"Right, Slob? Are these the rules you looked up?"

"Okay, I begin.
"Never have I ever killed a person."

She grins and watches as she sees the glasses being risen.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <03-03-15/0830:37> »
Slobbertooth accepted his point loss with an eye roll and downed the liquor in front of him.

"I'll go ahead and be next, and since we're doing the obvious things..."

"Never have I ever used DNI."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"