NEWS

[SR4] Enhanced Senses

• 4 Replies

Lanaya

• Newb
« on: <05-15-14/2020:01> »
Some critters have things like Enhanced Senses (smell) or (hearing). What mechanical effect does this have? There doesn't seem to be any listed bonus to anything, even to perception checks with the enhanced sense.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-17-14/0633:23> »
There isn't a bonus, it's that they can use their senses in ways normal humans can't.  For instance, low-light vision.  It just means the critter/person who has it has less penalties when there's low light.  Smell means they can track using smells, where critters/people who don't have it have to use other means (which are easier to block).

And if it says improved hearing or sight, just use a bonus from cyberwear enhancers.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Lanaya

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-17-14/0650:02> »
Yeah, the ones that are just plain 'sight' or 'hearing' are the ones that confuse me. Using cyberware stats makes sense, but where do the rules state that?

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #3 on: <05-20-14/1704:30> »
I could have sworn it gave a +2 to perception test using those senses.

Lanaya

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-20-14/2151:00> »
It does! After a while of searching I found it on page 205 of Running Wild. It's not actually in the description of enhanced senses though, which is why I couldn't find it before. I only noticed it a couple days ago because I was reading through other things in that section.