NEWS

Finding my arsenal

• 5 Replies

Maskerade

• Newb
  • Reality may not match advertised product
« on: <03-10-13/1318:09> »
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but this was the most appropriate section I could think of to put it in. If it's not in the right section, could a moderator move it or PM me? Cheers.

So, on to the topic. I am fairly old-fashioned, and prefer hardcopies over e-documents, but I have been having trouble obtaining a copy of the Arsenal book for SR4. The only copies I can find on Amazon cost >£70, and the CGL page only directs me to Drivethrustuff and Battlecorps (great websites, but not what I want), wheras I picked up physical copies of unwired & augmentation for just over £24 each, if memory serves. Does anyone know where I could obtain a copy of the product that will ship to Britain?

I know I could pick up an e-book of it from a number of retailers, and generally for less, but I really would like to get the book itself.

Thanks for any and all responses,

IVI
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <03-10-13/1622:11> »
Battleshop and Drivethru both would likely have the hardcover. Otherwise, your best bet would be Amazon or ebay. Checking with your local gaming store or a major bookstore like Barnes and Nobles would be a good bet, too.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-10-13/1923:09> »
i ordered Arsenal from Battleshop and waited two months for it. They sent me the wrong books twice. Then they told me they don't have it in stock.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <03-10-13/1952:26> »
A quick search on ebay found that the cheapest ones were a couple book lots:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadowrun-RPG-x4-Hardcover-Book-LOT-LOOK-/151005995352?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2328a8a158
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadowrun-4th-Edition-Lot-Collection-includes-several-rare-out-of-print-books-/171003559476?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item27d09b3e34

From what I could tell with a five minute search through various sites, $70 is the cheapest you'll find the book as a solo item, unless you happen to come across it in your local bookstore or FLGS. Them's the brakes when trying to find titles that aren't actively in print any more.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-10-13/2126:57> »
With Shadowrun 5 launching in August, and being less than totally mechanically compatible with the 4th edition stuff, I can't in good conscience not warn you away from buying a copy of Arsenal right now, unless you can get it for way less than cover price.  Save your cash, wait 6 months, and buy the new stuff instead.

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-11-13/0740:24> »
Always worth checking eBay and Amazon.com (rather than .co.uk - they have different stock!) - that's how I completed my collection of SR1-3 books a few years ago.  And yeah, check FLGSes; one of them is bound to have a copy on the shelf!  Most of them do mail order too.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile