NEWS

Krazy idea for a Krime Cannon modification

• 10 Replies

Ted Fast

• Newb
« on: <12-13-12/0911:01> »
First of I'm hoping that I'm not posting this in the wrong part of the forum, pleas tell me if I have done that.

So I picked up Gun Haven 2 yesterday and while reading through it the Krime Cannon really cough my eyes.
10 DMG and -5 AP will do that.  ;)

This idea is base on a house-ruling/errata that the Krime Cannon should have ammo 6(C) instead of 6(M). This is based of this comment by jackpointer Fianchetto:
"The magazine capacity is limited, but the people that carry it tend to be able to carry enough magazines that it isn’t an issue..."

Anyway, what if you added the Additional Clip and Fire Selection Change (BF) modifications to a Krime Cannon with a gyro stabilization for recoil compensation?
You would be able to fire 2 short bursts for 2 initiative passes before reloading. All this for just 18 200 nuyen  ::)

The gyro stabilization  was the only way I could fine to reach RC 5+ and still be able to get both of the mods seeing as you can't mount a gas-venting system on a assault cannon.

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-13-12/1451:58> »
You could also do the same with a regular Panther XXL cannon as well.  With Fire Selection Change (FA), Personalized Grip, Extended clip, gyromount, and a shock pad*, you could have 2 passes worth of FA fire with no recoil.  This does assume that assault cannon rounds are not considered exotic ammunition for Fire Selection Change though.  It does cost you 2200Y more though, but that's not much more.

*- I think the Panther is supposed to come with a shock pad considering its based RC of (1).  Otherwise, it might have 1 point innate RC which makes it even more awesome.

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-13-12/1522:04> »
Well darn Tsuzua I totally forgot about the Panther  :-[ and I would say that the lager clip makes in better then the Krime Cannon for a BF/FA-assault cannon set up.

But I have to say that FA on a assault cannon seems like a bit of overkill, 19 P damage is about as much as some vehicle mounted missiles. I would point out that using a Panther kited out like that would be crazy expensive but let's face it if you but down 20 400 nuyen on a gun your not really gonna care about ammo costs.

nullnostalgia

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-13-12/1646:50> »
Why not just cram hyper-velocity with it and just deal with crazy recoil for an initiative pass? Nothin' cheesy about a 21P long burst.

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-13-12/1705:57> »
Why not just cram hyper-velocity with it and just deal with crazy recoil for an initiative pass? Nothin' cheesy about a 21P long burst.

That is just vile, have to remember it in case I have to deal with some players that are too big for their britches.

A troll* gun-adept with enough levels of initiation could totally make it work. It would be expensive as all of the nine hells but but damn that is a lot of pure pain.

*I think that you would need troll levels of strength to lug around enough ammo for a fight.

nullnostalgia

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-13-12/1732:08> »

That is just vile, have to remember it in case I have to deal with some players that are too big for their britches.

A troll* gun-adept with enough levels of initiation could totally make it work. It would be expensive as all of the nine hells but but damn that is a lot of pure pain.

*I think that you would need troll levels of strength to lug around enough ammo for a fight.

Prolly. That said, also slap on additional clip and drum-fed if you can. You'll have two hundred rounds to burn through, and at that point- who gives a drek about accuracy?

Keep in mind, RC. You want to get rid of all of it, because you'll be putting out a lot. However, with 2-3 IPs, you'll put the hurt on anything that isn't a tank.

And I don't mean a tank char. I mean a literal tank.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #6 on: <12-13-12/1756:20> »

Who needs Long Bursts?

Agility 15 Elf Gun-Adept... still need the Gyroharness to carry the thing, mind you... would roll 28 dice (Agility 15, Heavy Weapons (Assault Cannons) 9, Smartlink +2,), which should get you enough Net Hits to more than make up for it.
« Last Edit: <12-13-12/1758:55> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <12-13-12/1847:35> »
Who needs Long Bursts?

Agility 15 Elf Gun-Adept... still need the Gyroharness to carry the thing, mind you... would roll 28 dice (Agility 15, Heavy Weapons (Assault Cannons) 9, Smartlink +2,), which should get you enough Net Hits to more than make up for it.
Well to be fair the thread was called "Krazy idea" some craziness is to be expected mr. JustADude  ;) If nothing else that setup would seem to be a lot more economical and a bit less liable to draw aggro from cops, corps and GMs.

Prolly. That said, also slap on additional clip and drum-fed if you can. You'll have two hundred rounds to burn through, and at that point- who gives a drek about accuracy?

Keep in mind, RC. You want to get rid of all of it, because you'll be putting out a lot. However, with 2-3 IPs, you'll put the hurt on anything that isn't a tank.

And I don't mean a tank char. I mean a literal tank.
Well the problem is that you can't fit Additional Clips, a major Fire Selection Change and High-Power Chambering to a weapon if you are using the standard 6 mod slots. Also I am pretty sure that you can't add drum-magazines to assault cannons.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #8 on: <12-13-12/2205:10> »
Add it to the gun mount or gun port on a segway for extra krazy. If a thing is worth doing it's worth overdoing beyond all recognition.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <12-13-12/2214:47> »
Add it to the gun mount or gun port on a segway for extra krazy. If a thing is worth doing it's worth overdoing beyond all recognition.
Well lol, now all I can think about is a hyper-proficient heavy weapons adept rolling around on a segway with a FA Panther and wearing a xmas-elf-hat while basting this  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=512B_tQjqN0 ) from a boom-box.

DamienHollow

« Reply #10 on: <01-05-13/0127:29> »
In responses to how overkill the assault cannon would be, you never know when you'll need to draw the attention of a dragon. They always swat the biggest fly first. Maybe you're comrades will pay for a nice tombstone since your the reason they slipped away ;D

Register