NEWS

Cheap Infiltrator Vehicle

• 29 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #15 on: <12-22-12/0255:36> »
The only time you should be 'replacing' your anything is if you have to - if it's burned (vehicles, abodes, IDs) or if it's battered (armor, weapons, gear).  If you never had a problem with the Hyungk of Jyunk CanRay's talking about, then why replace it?  Sure, get another one, but don't throw the thing out just because it's old.

In most shadowrun games, you also aren't going to be wasting most stuff (ID, weapons, vehicles) on a run.  If you have to get something just for that run, you should look into how quickly and profitably you can resell it - talk to your mechanic or chop-shop contact, how much he'll give for the thing.  Or, if you're paying attention and know you need a disposable vehicle or two, you ask chop-shop guy if there's anything he's looking for, swipe that, and basically get paid a bit extra to have your ops vehicle diced into anonymous parts.

Otherwise, Joker, depends on the area - and the target.  Generally, you really WOULD want to show up in something bland; for one or three people, overall a Jackrabbit/Comet is the way to go.  And if you're trying to remain inconspicuous, usually you'll want to go in two or three seperate vehicles....
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #16 on: <12-22-12/1611:49> »
The Rover Model 2068, while not cheap, is very cost-effective in my opinion.
Armored enough to drive to the barrens without ever having to worry about stray gunshots. The free Anti-theft lets you park it anywhere without having to worry about it being messed up or stolen, the included Amenities make it more comfortable than the average house of a 'runner. Off-Road Suspension being included means it's good to drive anywhere. Free Passenger Protection can never hurt either.
The Rover has all that and at the same time It's one of the few vehicles that can be driven around the most exclusive high-class neighborhoods without raising suspicion.

Okay, 25.000 isn't cheap. But it's by far the cheapest car around with that much versatility.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <12-22-12/1735:44> »
Taxi Driver contact, Loyalty Level 6.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-22-12/2019:05> »

Ghoul Cab driver?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-22-12/2248:40> »

Ghoul Cab driver?

Well, if you really want to go there, yeah ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <12-23-12/0045:43> »
Ghoul Cab driver?
Well, if you really want to go there, yeah ...
"Ghoul Cab, you are what we eat."

Funny enough, Ghoul Cab is one of the more popular items I've created for my games.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <12-23-12/0932:42> »
You couldn't pay me enough to deal with ghouls.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #22 on: <12-23-12/0947:48> »
I've been wondering about ghoul cab. Does the ghoul actually drive or is it just chilling in the cab with you like a very macabre petting zoo?

On topic, you can't beat the Rover for the reasons that have already been discussed. Plus you can talk in a British or Aussie accent when you are in one for extra fun.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <12-23-12/1229:38> »
I've been wondering about ghoul cab. Does the ghoul actually drive or is it just chilling in the cab with you like a very macabre petting zoo?
I based it a lot like the taxi from "Heavy Metal", with a few mods.  There's a divider between the driver and the passengers, no one sits shotgun.  There's a Credstick Reader/Wireless Credit Transfer Point in the back to pay for the cab ride.  Doors aren't opened until the cabbie's been paid (15% tip minimum.).

The Divider is rated for Heavy Pistol/SMG Rounds, and the doors are as armored as can be.  An Adept/Augmented Troll could probably kick his way out, but then becomes a target for every Ghoul Cab driver around as "Dinner".

The major bonus they have from my group's point of view is that they'll drive anywhere.  Deepest, darkest barrens?  "Yeah, you might have to wait an hour."

Oh, and, yes, there is a one-shot PAC "Zip Gun" pointed at the passengers if they get too unruly.  That's never happened with my group, but...

Anyhow, they're part of the "Infected Are People Too" group that we're trying to get away from, but are still very much in the nature of the beast so it's not a big deal.  They will, literally, take body parts for payment at times, not caring whose they were before.  It's for personal consumption by the cabbies, so it's not like THEY'RE killing people to feed themselves their nutritional requirement.  Needless to say, they're popular with Shadowrunners and Company Men that need a ride that's "Blind" to where they've come from and are going, and to dispose of a body at the same time.  Some of the "nicer" gangs will use a ride with Ghoul Cab as an initiation rite.

The Ghouls themselves all have cyberoptics systems, usually used but not always, which gets rid of their typical Ghoul Blindness.

Yes, the amount of background I put into characters and other such things is stupidly insane.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <12-23-12/1753:08> »
Yes, the amount of background I put into characters and other such things is stupidly insane.

Actually I quite like other players and GMs that do that. I do it. Wish I had someone like that to play with though!
« Last Edit: <12-23-12/1757:09> by Joker »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <12-23-12/1753:20> »
Man, you're nice to them.

My version of Ghoul Cab has heavy reinforcement on the passenger compartment - enough to chunky-salsa a grenade blast, which is what is in the nice clear 'in case of assault on driver' armored-glass box with the pin already pulled, just waiting for the lever to be released and then the box to be opened.

So granted, Ghoul Cab is a litte bit more, uh, 'boxy' than the usual Yellows ....
Pananagutan & End/Line

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <12-29-12/1737:11> »
? Why would you WANT a cheap vehicle? Just steal a car expensive enough that  whoever you're stealing it from can afford another one.
Also, i just realized that at chargen by marking something that is F as Stolen you can take down the price(and if you talk to your gm the avail)

Redmercury

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <01-03-13/0352:23> »
Can't show up to a fancy party in a van really.
But you can show up in a Jackrabbit? M'kay...
What about a Riced-Up Shin?

OK, I just threw up a bit suggesting that, but that's because I grew up to enjoy Old Skool Detroit Muscle.
God damn, the detroit muscle we know would pull like a slug and handle like a brick (even more than now) in comparison to what a shin can do. Still, if he wants to show up to any gathering and not look like a lil' bitch he'll get the muscle.  ;)

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <01-03-13/0425:27> »
Bikes are cheap. James Bond always drives them wearing a suit, so you're fine to ride them to the fancy party, too.
They're also very good for get-away. With gyrostabilization and Pilot, they can drive by themselves just like cars. All you lack is space and armor.

[spoiler]Suzuki Mirage (Racing Bike)
   +Anti-Theft
   +GridLink
   +GridLink Override
   +Morphing License Plate
   +Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization
   +Pilot Program Rating 3
   +Vehicle Sensor
=16250 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-03-13/0432:24> by Makki »

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <01-04-13/2327:28> »
All good advice. I went with a really common bike in order to save Nuyen, having come to the same conclusion as Makki. I saved enough to throw on a couple of choice mods. it came to 12,050, i think, and most of that is the shielded smuggling compartment.

Suzuki Mirage (Racing Bike)
 + Clean Car Coating; Manual Control Override, Drive-by-Wire; Morphing License Plate; Removed Manual Controls; Smuggling  Compartment, Shielded; Spoof Chip; Skinlink

I removed the manual controls, then skinlinked with a manual control override, drive by wire. This makes it basically unhackable, and if you want to steal it, you'd need a couple guys and a truck. The rest is for keeping a low profile and getaways. When the character earns some cash I may grab gyrostabilization, chameleon coating, or smart tires, but getting a second vehicle is another good option. A car or delivery van for starters.