NEWS

Planning a campaign.

• 12 Replies

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« on: <10-23-12/0302:07> »
Hi

Our regular GM has been swamped with work (oh evil realities of adult life  ::)) so I have agreed to take on our campaign.
I was thinking to use missions season 3 and 4 plus maybe some of the older stuff from season 2.
I would also like to run Ghost Cartels and the Artifacts series.

It is fairly easy to figure out the sequence in witch to run the mission adventures but where in this do I put in the other two plots and do I run Ghost Cartels from start to end or do I take breaks and have them complete some of the other runs between?
The same goes for the artifact series.

Thanks.

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <10-23-12/0330:58> »
IIRC, Ghost Cartels is set in 2072, and the Artifacts series is set in 2073, just before the artifacts craze in Missions Season 4 kicks off.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #2 on: <10-23-12/0335:51> »
So SRM-02 -> Ghost Cartels -> SRM-03 mixed with Artifacts series -> SRM-04?

Oh, and thanks  ;D

Rasmus

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <10-23-12/0412:23> »
No problem.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

WellsIDidIt

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-23-12/0749:52> »
The first chunk of ghost cartels is fairly low powered, so bringing a bunch of characters out of Season 2 (roughly 140-150 karma and a few hundred thousand nuyen if they've played smart), may require an upscale to the first part of it to be challenging.

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-23-12/1247:34> »
I've run Ghost Cartels along with Season 2 at the same time. Just drop a bunch of the early Ghost Cartels stuff in with the general Organized crime storyline that Season 2 presents. Players didn't know anything was up until they got run out of town after being a little too liberal with explosives. You need to change a few things in GC to run it in Denver, like the main gangs involved but otherwise it is pretty easy to run the two together. Both of these, Ghost Cartels and Missions Season 2 take place in 2071, not 72 though.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #6 on: <10-25-12/0442:58> »
When does Knight Errant take over as "security" provider in Seattle?
In Seattle 2072 it is mentioned as being recently and after the scandale with tempo so I'm guessing late 2071 early 2072?
Anybody has a closer date?

Brackhaven is ellected govenor in 2070. How often is that job up for election? Is it every 4th. year as it is with the presidency?
And how long is the campaign before the election?
I know next to nothing about american politics (other than it is strange ;D) and it could be fun to incorporate some of the pre-election maneuverings in the campaign when we get to that point.

Rasmus

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #7 on: <10-25-12/0751:53> »
Governor terms are pretty much 4 years (there are a few states that have 2 years, but that is VERY much the minority.) 4 years is a safe guess for that position.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-25-12/2059:12> »
Brackkhaven was elected in  2070 and came into power in 2071. He should be up for re-election near the tail end of 2074. The KE contract was signed in 2071, and I want to say it was a four year deal as well, maybe five years. It'll be up for renewal in either 2075 or 2076. I have no idea if players want KE to stay or Lone Star to come back ... upsides and downsides for each.

As for running a game, I always find it handy to put a timeline together. I used to do some minor "A leads to B" stuff, but later I learned how to plan for 'seasons' of adventures, dropping hints and seeds along that get picked up down the line, and, man... HUGE difference maker. If you know that Candy Kane's new commercials for NERPS! will get crazy popular in three months, leading to jingles that you can't get out of your head and record sales, you can lead to this in the game , giving them runs that seem unconnected, but when they're done, they realize that it was a giant puzzle. That kind of thing always has a big effect on players.

Seasons are *fantastic* tools.

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-25-12/2137:50> »
As for how this relates to Ghost Cartels, KE was bought in to replace LS after they botched the whole Tempo trade fiasco. And if your players are doing things right in Ghost Cartels, it will be a fiasco (for law enforcement anyway). So KE shouldn't be in force until after Ghost Cartels. Very end of 2071 at the earliest.

WellsIDidIt

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-26-12/1250:10> »
The last reference to Lone Star in Seattle per Ghost Cartels is during September of '71. The same section mentions that their handling of the Tempo trade has put Brackhaven out of the public's favor, so that seems to be the seed for them being given the boot.

We know that Seattle 2072 says the changeover was recent, but for a changeover like that any matter of months is relatively recent. I'd still put it around the December-January mark for the switchover. I haven't found any details on the length of the Knight Errant contract, but I'd bet it's a four year contract minimum (to be worth the risk of training new employees) and probably a 5-8 year contract.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #11 on: <11-08-12/1536:49> »
Thanks.

Another guestion regarding Ghost Cartels.
I'm currently preparing the second part (where the runners end up working for the Olaya cartel) and I have a hard time figuring out how much to pay them.
A small daily stipend is fine but what should they earn for bigger jobs and how big is the bonus Sacristán offers in the end??

Rasmus

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #12 on: <11-15-12/0822:51> »
Thanks.

Another guestion regarding Ghost Cartels.
I'm currently preparing the second part (where the runners end up working for the Olaya cartel) and I have a hard time figuring out how much to pay them.
A small daily stipend is fine but what should they earn for bigger jobs and how big is the bonus Sacristán offers in the end??

Rasmus

well now, that depends on your group!

some groups have a "If it ain't five figures, EACH, I'm not bothering!" attitude, others are more "If I can afford a coffin motel for the night, and a soy-burger, count me in!"

I would recommend that is be a large payout, as by now the Runners shoudl have figured out something is afoot and that the cartel is making both money and enemies hand over fist...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.