NEWS

GMing a run to Chicago, need help and inspiration

• 2 Replies

Tias

• Newb
« on: <05-22-12/0919:22> »
Going to take my tabletop group to a nice working vacation in Chicago, and I'm really stoked about it. However, being none too strong in the Awakened ruleset and as I started playing with 4E, I've never used Insect Spirits before and need some tips for portraying them, as well as answers for concrete rules questions.

1. Hybrid Forms. According to Street Magic, they "exhibit signs of the spirits takeover", which in the case of the Invae are probably a pretty clear giveaway. So, if you were me, would you say they looked human at distance and prove a 2-4 die bonus to notice the insecty off-ness until they got real close, or would you say characters are clearly able to see them as horribly broken, chitinous shapes as soon as they enter proper visual range?

2. Hybrid form rules. I may just be bad at tracking down rules, but I can't seem to get a clear idea of the stats for a hybrid form. Whereas True Forms appear as simple as "take spirit stats, give them Materialize", hybrids are the same as their hosts, but augmenting it with their force! Would this mean that an average F4 hybrid has stats around 6-7? That's pretty harsh, especially with immunity and invae spirit bonuses on top!

3. Seeing as this will probably get real hairy for even the combat-specced runners on the players team, what are the rules, if any, for banishing a hybrid form? Do you just banish as normal, and if the spirit is disrupted, the host dies again?

Probably more questions to come, when I have time to write.

golan2072

• Newb
  • Dwarf Tech-Wiz
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-12/1050:33> »
1. Hybrid Forms. According to Street Magic, they "exhibit signs of the spirits takeover", which in the case of the Invae are probably a pretty clear giveaway. So, if you were me, would you say they looked human at distance and prove a 2-4 die bonus to notice the insecty off-ness until they got real close, or would you say characters are clearly able to see them as horribly broken, chitinous shapes as soon as they enter proper visual range?
The bugs would probably do their best to conceal their alien looks. A hood, hoodie, gas mask, ski mask or so on could hide the head and a long coat could hide the body; if the main sign of possession is bug eyes then give them mirrorshades.

Tias

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-22-12/1234:53> »
I thought of the same thing, they could probably pass for orcs or the like as long as swathed in clothing. My question, however, was more along the lines of "how much does being a hybrid warp the vessel?" I'm partial to guessing it would depend on the spirit's force, would that be correct?