NEWS

Vehicle Design Rules

• 2 Replies

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« on: <05-14-12/1825:52> »
More just general curiosity has anyone scratchbuilt a coherant vehicle design ruleset for Sr4a as of yet. I ask as I have tripped over the Utopia concept waterbase thingy on the net and it just screams Shadowrun to me  :D

http://www.instablogsimages.com/1/2011/09/22/project_utopia_island_yacht_8z7vb.jpg

All it needs is a means to defend itself against megladons and other seaborne bities. I`m thinking a laser at least.

Come to think of it I think vehicle design rules would be a best seller certainly worthy of at LEAST a pdf release. I`d buy it for sure in a heartbeat.
In fact my credit card is on my desk waiting for it.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

Henzington

• Omae
  • Stun rounds+Edge=Lethal
« Reply #1 on: <05-14-12/1836:22> »
3rd edition had rules for this but honestly I prefer modding existing vehicles rather then designing ones.
Whenever I am at a loss for I should do, I ask myself what would Michael Weston do?

_Pax_

« Reply #2 on: <05-14-12/1859:37> »
[...] honestly I prefer modding existing vehicles rather then designing ones.
99% of the time, I'd be right there with you.  However, every now and then I come up against an omission or absence in the roster of vehicles and drones on offer.  Especially drones.

For example, why are there no Small LTA drones?

There also aren't enough aquatic drones - especially, non-submersible ones.

Meanwhile, on the rider-operable end of the spectrum, why are there no three-wheeled motorcycles?

Vehicle and Drone Design rules would help deal with that sort of omission.

« Last Edit: <08-18-12/1154:38> by _Pax_ »