NEWS

VtM Ghoul Question

• 6 Replies

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« on: <02-21-12/1924:57> »
I'm running a Vampire: The Masquerade game with the 20th Anniversary rules, and I'm trying to figure out how often ghouls need to drink vitae from their domitors. Do ghouls lose a blood point every night, like vampires do? Or do they only need to replenish their blood pools after using blood to power disciplines or heal? Can anyone help me with this?

Pangea

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-21-12/1938:30> »
You can find a lot about Ghouls in the VtM "Ghoul" supplement.
The basic rule is: "It takes only one dose of Vitae per month to maintain a ghoul".
So, no, they do not lose 1 BP per night (but 1 per month).
Yes, they need to replenish after using for Disciplines and Healing (and that 1 BP per month).
But they are also Addicted to Vitae, so will often do what they can (please, grovel, beg...) to get a more regular fix.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-21-12/2020:09> »
And you can't forget the blood bonding either.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #3 on: <02-21-12/2149:05> »
Ghouls do not lose Vitae over time as their living body do not need it to function (they consume real food). Vampires suffer this loss of Vitae because their dead bodies needs it to function. But Ghouls do need, once a month, one dose of Vitae to keep their Ghoul supernatural properties. If they go more than one month without Vitae, they immediately start aging as per the rules described in page 500 and showing withdrawal symptoms as per the rules described on page 502 of the VTM 20th Ed. rulebook.

Now I could not find exactly where that particular one-vitae-a-month piece of information for human Ghouls is in the VtM 20th Anniversary Edition rulebook, but I did find it for animal Ghouls (which has always been the same concerning monthly vitae feeding) on page 388, in the first sentence of the third paragraph.

Now for fueling disciplines and healing, all the rules for Ghouls (including character creation) are described starting at page 496. See the "Disciplines" section for rules on Disciplines acquisition and use, the "Healing" section for using Vitae to heal damage and the "Overdosing" section for rules on the maximum number of Vitae a Ghoul can have in his system.

I may lurk a lot on these boards but my specialty (as a pen-and-paper enthusiast) is VtM. I hope that helps. :)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Pangea

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-22-12/0251:15> »
The specific quote is from the VtM "Ghoul" supplement (as mentioned) which has many references to that 1 per month rule.
True that there are less direct references to it in the 20th Anniv' basic book, but still some on p. 474, 496 and 500...

Zen Shooter

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-22-12/1530:50> »
Thanks, everyone! That's a big help.

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #6 on: <03-07-12/1946:23> »
Here's a nasty lil' thought I've been playing around with.  I've played some V:TM, both 2nd and 3rd edition, and had a nasty thought.  Why not give Shadowrun 'true' vampires blood-magic 'talent'. :D
'True' vampires being the old ones infected back in the 4th world versus the nandy-pandy 'Twilight' wannabees running around now.  Hey, after all; the Ordo Maximus group could be an excellent example.  :)
« Last Edit: <03-07-12/1947:54> by Parker »
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)