NEWS

New to NoVA (Alexandria) - Any games out there?

• 13 Replies

spiralz

• Newb
« on: <10-17-11/1547:36> »
Hi all, I just started a job in the D.C. area, living in Alexandria. Anyone have a group/game going on in the area?
-spiralz

spiralz

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-20-11/1136:47> »
Nobody...?
   ...Bueller?

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-11/1728:34> »
Wish I could help, I live in the other Washington and am moving to FL next summer.
Living the Electronic Dream

spiralz

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-11/1744:01> »
Ah... too bad, but good luck down in FL.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-20-11/1750:20> »
I grew up there, I don't like the idea of moving back there but that's where my ex took my kids and I am tired o not being there for them.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-20-11/1858:21> »
I grew up there, I don't like the idea of moving back there but that's where my ex took my kids and I am tired o not being there for them.

D: awww that sucks.... Well hope you do fine over there! Hopefully you can still connect with Mason!
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-11/1947:22> »
Yeah looking at plans for convention raiding as a group, there are 8 peple in our group so we're looking forward to fun.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-20-11/2101:48> »
Yeah looking at plans for convention raiding as a group, there are 8 peple in our group so we're looking forward to fun.

Haha! sounds fun, i've never been to a convention myself... I often wonder how fun it will be. Though I imagine DnD wise they are all running 4e <.< which I don't play very much so. xD

Shadowrun would be interesting there as well i'm sure. XD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-20-11/2211:52> »
Was talking to my wife about going to a convention before the move to FL.  Maybe gaming there.  I would love to do a Shadowrun Convention or maybe just a generic Cyberpunk Convention.

spiralz

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-21-11/1256:38> »
Catalyst did a nice job at GenCon this year. I had a blast and spent a good chunk of every day playing Shadowrun. There were several groups of players that played together. Was in two games and the tourney with two different groups. Good group of people and had a lot fun.

jackson6644

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <10-22-11/1447:08> »
I'm also in the area, though I am just starting to get back into gaming after a long hiatus. Will actually be running an Earthdawn game at my work's game day in a few weeks, but nothing on the horizon for SR at the moment.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #11 on: <11-14-11/1030:55> »
Starting out small by teaching a group of newbies- give me a few weeks to get basics down with them, and we'll be looking to bring in more people (I hope) once they know which way is up. Stay tuned.
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

spiralz

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-18-11/0748:48> »
Jadehellbringer, let me know if you get to that point where you're letting more folks in... Whereabouts are you located?

Adomog

« Reply #13 on: <11-18-11/2247:07> »
Good evening all!  I am new to Shadowrun but my sister-in-law is a veteran player.  I live down in Fredericksburg, VA but would travel to the Alexandria to play. Most of my experience playing RPG is World of Warcraft. I know it is completely different but I love fantasy and sci-fi so Shadowrun sounds like the best of both worlds.

Please contact me if you would like another player to join a group.

Register