NEWS

Confused On Cyberlimbs

• 8 Replies

Kat9

« on: <11-06-11/0402:38> »
Ok, so I am making my first street sam and I said, "I want cyberarms!" However, I am confused by enhancements and such like.

I'm using the Chummer chargen, so tips to make that work would be a bonus!

I have Body: 4, Agility: 4, Reaction 4 and Strength of 3 (I wanted a willpower of 4). So I plugged things into the chargen for a full cyberarm. I got Customized Agility, and Body at 4. That, I think, makes the cyberarms have the same agility and body as I would naturally. I gave them enhanced strength of 4 which should, I think make the strength of the arm a 7.

Am I doing this right? Should I give it Customized Strength 6, and then Enhanced Strength 1?

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #1 on: <11-06-11/0428:10> »
Okay, my first question would be - Have you read the page references in the appropriate books that Chummer provides? I'm not saying you didn't, I just want to make sure before spouting off a lot of stuff that you may or may not have already read.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #2 on: <11-06-11/0432:58> »
First Customize the cyberarm to racial maximum. That would be 6 for a human, so 9 optimizations from the cyberlimbs natural stats of 3 for 13500 nuyen and +9 Availability. Then enhance the attributes to 9 (3 times each) for 2100 nuyen. You can't enhance more than +3 without a cybertorso.
You now has 6 free capacity slots left in your arm. Get 2 levels of armor for 600 nuyen.
If you want an illigal cyberarm gyromount (if you are going for smg with FA) then by that together with 2 levels of bulk for 8000 nuyen.
Total cost less than 40000 nuyen.
And you dont nececary need an arm with 9 body, agility and strength lowering cost and freeing up both capacity and availability (the above arm are over 12 availability and you need the restricted gear quality to start playing with it).
The Cyberarm optimizations (Augmentation 44-45) can be a nice adition also if you have a specialized character and wants a bonus to that (chose one optimization for 5000 and -2 capacity).

Hope that helped

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Kat9

« Reply #3 on: <11-06-11/0437:13> »
Okay, my first question would be - Have you read the page references in the appropriate books that Chummer provides? I'm not saying you didn't, I just want to make sure before spouting off a lot of stuff that you may or may not have already read.

Yes, it sends me to PG 344 of SR4, but its the basic rules I am confused about.

Kat9

« Reply #4 on: <11-06-11/0439:40> »
First Customize the cyberarm to racial maximum. That would be 6 for a human, so 9 optimizations from the cyberlimbs natural stats of 3 for 13500 nuyen and +9 Availability. Then enhance the attributes to 9 (3 times each) for 2100 nuyen. You can't enhance more than +3 without a cybertorso.
You now has 6 free capacity slots left in your arm. Get 2 levels of armor for 600 nuyen.
If you want an illigal cyberarm gyromount (if you are going for smg with FA) then by that together with 2 levels of bulk for 8000 nuyen.
Total cost less than 40000 nuyen.
And you dont nececary need an arm with 9 body, agility and strength lowering cost and freeing up both capacity and availability (the above arm are over 12 availability and you need the restricted gear quality to start playing with it).
The Cyberarm optimizations (Augmentation 44-45) can be a nice adition also if you have a specialized character and wants a bonus to that (chose one optimization for 5000 and -2 capacity).

Hope that helped

Rasmus

OK so customization starts out at 0? I'd need to take 6 levels of Customized X first? I thought cyber attributes started at 3 each and you added onto those. So for example my body is 4, I could only take up to +2 customized Body in my cyberarm to reach the "natural" 6.

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #5 on: <11-06-11/0444:05> »
No. A non cutomized cyberarm has 3 in body, agility and strength. You can then customize each up to your racial maximum. Your own attributes doesn't play into this (when you are finished you calculate your average attributes but not before that).
After customization you can enhance the 3 attributes and are limited by your normal racial maximum (9 for humans) and by the fact that without a cybertorso an cyberlimb can't be enhanced more than 3 times for each attribute.
You need to look in Augmentation p. 44-45.

Rasmus

Kat9

« Reply #6 on: <11-06-11/0458:25> »
Thanks all for the help!

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #7 on: <11-06-11/0503:04> »
Thanks all for the help!

You are velcome  ;)

Rasmus

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-06-11/0654:20> »
Here's a good explanation of how cyberlimbs/cyberlimb averaging works: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=4672.msg70364#msg70364

For examples of how to make good cyberlimbs, check the links in my sig; specifically, the Ronin, Mercenary Rigger, Negotiator, Bad Enough Trog, and Burnout Combat Mage all have various types of cyberlimbs.